Carthage vs Pleasant Grove at Marshall Dec 2 7PM

CDAWG68

Bulldogs vs. Hawks  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2022 at 01:00 AM

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

Game observations… Carthage was as advertised and should win a state title this year. They will have some guys that will suit up and play on Saturdays.
 PG has some D1 kids people rave about that won’t ever step on a D1 field. But I knew that about a few before this game. 

Knew you’d be here today and glad you are.

I like your QB/DB, Johnson.  He’s a player.

Your #44 doesn’t hustle. He could’ve gone hard after that pass right in the middle of the field and he had beaten the first DB. The ball was maybe barely overthrown, but he didn’t get on his horse at all.

Then later in the game kind of the same type effort.

I think Surratt was looking to establish the run game and play off of it last night more so than we have in a few weeks.

One thing we’d like to see is our receivers catch deep balls more consistently.

Paddie had some drops last night (he did get popped on a few of those opportunities by PG DB’s) and the drop Manning #88 had is not acceptable, right through his hands, perfect throw.

That’s what makes Hatten so good.  You throw Hatten the ball wide open or blanketed he’s very likely going to make his QB look good.

The Carthage Bulldogs have a very talented stable of running backs.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

Game observations… Carthage was as advertised and should win a state title this year. They will have some guys that will suit up and play on Saturdays.
 PG has some D1 kids people rave about that won’t ever step on a D1 field. But I knew that about a few before this game. 

Now thats the first time you made  any sense at all! They are good  high school  players probably  D2 athletes  which is nothing wrong with  that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

Do you think the daily PR these guys get from outlets like Texarkana Gameday fuel the overhype?  I follow TG and watch a lot of their stuff.  Have for several years now.  But sometimes it’s over the top with the homer opinions they give without really being grounded with knowledge across the rest of the state.  It’s like a blessing and a curse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Your #44 doesn’t hustle. He could’ve gone hard after that pass right in the middle of the field and he had beaten the first DB. The ball was maybe barely overthrown, but he didn’t get on his horse at all.

I think Surratt was looking to establish the run game and play off of it last night more so than we have in a few weeks.

Paddie had some drops last night (he did get popped on a few of those opportunities by PG DB’s) and the drop Manning #88 had is not acceptable, right through his hands, perfect throw.

That’s what makes Hatten so good.  You throw Hatten the ball wide open or blanketed he’s very likely going to make his QB look good.

You do realize he never came off the field right?  And his role was even more critical after #40 got hurt on the 3rd play from scrimmage.  I could call out several in red that “didn’t go hard after the ball” on a particular play but what good does that do?  It’s over.

6 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

You do realize he never came off the field right?  And his role was even more critical after #40 got hurt on the 3rd play from scrimmage.  I could call out several in red that “didn’t go hard after the ball” on a particular play but what good does that do?  It’s over.

Yes, which is one thing we’re fortunate with our Dawgs is we don’t have a single player who goes nonstop.

The particular play I referenced required he put out.

At that point in the game it was already slipping away for PG and just to keep touch they needed a big play and score.

Like you say though, it’s in the books.

14 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

#44 for P G is a stud and plays his butt off.  
The pass to #88 was a good pass but #88 did have to stretch out to try to catch it.  Could he have caught it, yes, but not unthinkable that a high school athlete misses it - NFL players in the same position probably catch it 80-90% 

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yes, which is one thing we’re fortunate with our Dawgs is we don’t have a single player who goes nonstop.

The particular play I referenced required he put out.

At that point in the game it was already slipping away for PG and just to keep touch they needed a big play and score.

Like you say though, it’s in the books.

The discussion has nothing to do with Carthage not having any real two way players.  You called out the effort of #44 on one play in Q2, and I reminded you he never left the field the entire game.  Funny how he somehow “put out” surrounded by no less than five red jerseys on a 50/50 ball in Q4 and came down with it in the end zone.  Why not call out the effort of the five Dawgs players who only played defense?  None of them even jumped.

5 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

The discussion has nothing to do with Carthage not having any real two way players.  You called out the effort of #44 on one play in Q2, and I reminded you he never left the field the entire game.  Funny how he somehow “put out” surrounded by no less than five red jerseys on a 50/50 ball in Q4 and came down with it in the end zone.  Why not call out the effort of the five Dawgs players who only played defense?  None of them even jumped.

Oh, hey, 100%!!  I was hacked none of them even jumped, it was odd! 
Totally call them out for that brain freeze.

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Oh, hey, 100%!!  I was hacked none of them even jumped, it was odd! 
Totally call them out for that brain freeze.

No brain freeze.  It’s lack of effort.  The difference between them and #44 for PG is #44 doesn’t get a chance to change it.  His season is done so no need to throw stones at him.  He had a wonderful HS career and hopefully will do good things at UTSA.  Now for the Dawg players, they better address their lack of effort before next week because they are going to get a lot of work.  As Cotton has already stated, the GR QB/WR/RB core can play.

3 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

No brain freeze.  It’s lack of effort.  The difference between them and #44 for PG is #44 doesn’t get a chance to change it.  His season is done so no need to throw stones at him.  He had a wonderful HS career and hopefully will do good things at UTSA.  Now for the Dawg players, they better address their lack of effort before next week because they are going to get a lot of work.  As Cotton has already stated, the GR QB/WR/RB core can play.

👍

Congratulations to PG on another successful season. The change to the offense after the Gilmer game was gutsy and showed a recognition that what was being done wasn’t going to get the team where they wanted to go.

Liked CHS’s solution to the TE situation with KD Bell being out - just have senior lineman Zane Schumacher put jersey number 85 over his normal 65. On one drive, when Johnny Lewis (#73) went out injured, he had to use both jerseys. Schumacher also plays on the D-line at times. This senior, whose dad was once the CHS baseball coach of a team that won something like 2 dozen games in a row, provides the kind of depth every championship team needs to get through a long season.

• Like 3

Saw 1 similarly b/t this game and the Gilmer game last week. PG & Gilmer had players going both ways, and that starts to matter in the 4th quarter. I would be interested to see Carthage rushing yards in the 4th quarter these last 2 games. They have the depth and talent to keep kids fresh the entire game. 

I know Carthage hasn’t been challenged much in the 2nd half this year, but these last two weeks have proven they can win by overwhelming a team and by wearing them down. Pretty potent combination. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Do you think the daily PR these guys get from outlets like Texarkana Gameday fuel the overhype?  I follow TG and watch a lot of their stuff.  Have for several years now.  But sometimes it’s over the top with the homer opinions they give without really being grounded with knowledge across the rest of the state.  It’s like a blessing and a curse.

Like having your own Longhorn Network?

2 hours ago, WhyUMad said:

No he doesn't  because  you dont want to hear it! PG needs to get some more  move ins from the area so they wont keep getting them beatdowns!

Lol. Bring ‘em on! The more the merry. It keeps a bunch of y’all up in arms and there is not a thing any of y’all can do about it.

1 hour ago, BevBrownJr said:

Congratulations to PG on another successful season. The change to the offense after the Gilmer game was gutsy and showed a recognition that what was being done wasn’t going to get the team where they wanted to go.

Liked CHS’s solution to the TE situation with KD Bell being out - just have senior lineman Zane Schumacher put jersey number 85 over his normal 65. On one drive, when Johnny Lewis (#73) went out injured, he had to use both jerseys. Schumacher also plays on the D-line at times. This senior, whose dad was once the CHS baseball coach of a team that won something like 2 dozen games in a row, provides the kind of depth every championship team needs to get through a long season.

I read somewhere that he was no. 1 in his class!!!  

3 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

A lot of truth here. It is more than Gameday. There are other social media shows that contribute. I think it is great they get promoted but reality gets lost due to the hype.

36 minutes ago, swaha said:

Lol. Bring ‘em on! The more the merry. It keeps a bunch of y’all up in arms and there is not a thing any of y’all can do about it. 

Yea right after next year the pipeline is drying up because  the guy that got all them transfers  into  PG is not associated  with PG anymore. Just watch what i tell you!  Yall might have to play with  them rich white boys and be back to normal

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

#44 for P G is a stud and plays his butt off.  
The pass to #88 was a good pass but #88 did have to stretch out to try to catch it.  Could he have caught it, yes, but not unthinkable that a high school athlete misses it - NFL players in the same position probably catch it 80-90% 

#44 is not a stud but a good high school player!  Not bad for a kid that is from Arkansas. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, swaha said:

Im so glad you are proud of  it! You got that  man crush on PG coach too?

2 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

Yea right after next year the pipeline is drying up because  the guy that got all them transfers  into  PG is not associated  with PG anymore. Just watch what i tell you!  Yall might have to play with  them rich white boys and be back to normal

Blah Blah Blah. Go troll someplace else.