Carthage vs Pleasant Grove at Marshall Dec 2 7PM

CDAWG68

Bulldogs vs. Hawks  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2022 at 01:00 AM

4 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Do you think the daily PR these guys get from outlets like Texarkana Gameday fuel the overhype?  I follow TG and watch a lot of their stuff.  Have for several years now.  But sometimes it’s over the top with the homer opinions they give without really being grounded with knowledge across the rest of the state.  It’s like a blessing and a curse.

I do, but not entirely there fault. They promote the kids the coaches promote and the ones that contribute to their organization. I also feel they keep a lot of folks at home on Fri night because it’s easy to fire up the grill and drink a cold beer and watch the game on the sofa  instead of going out and supporting kids. It’s kind of a double edged sword. Good and bad about it. I do feel they do a great production and have some good guys working for them. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

There sure was alot people  glad to see yall get that beatdown! Yall gonna change the offense again? 

I understand PG has a lot of haters… 

1 A coaching staff will not be like by everyone, anywhere. Period!!

2 As mentioned some of these media outlets that promote PG cause some resentment, and I understand. 

3 Some PG fans make it hard to like the program. Old saying $ talks and BS walks. $ don’t win championships though. 

Still a fan, not all PG folks are like this believe it or not. A lot of good people in the program too. I won’t comment anymore on it as the thread should be taken over by how Carthage played and the success their program is having. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

I understand PG has a lot of haters… 

1 A coaching staff will not be like by everyone, anywhere. Period!!

2 As mentioned some of these media outlets that promote PG cause some resentment, and I understand. 

3 Some PG fans make it hard to like the program. Old saying $ talks and BS walks. $ don’t win championships though. 

Still a fan, not all PG folks are like this believe it or not. A lot of good people in the program too. I won’t comment anymore on it as the thread should be taken over by how Carthage played and the success their program is having. 

I like Pleasant Grove and was very happy to see them win state not very long ago.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

No brain freeze.  It’s lack of effort.  The difference between them and #44 for PG is #44 doesn’t get a chance to change it.  His season is done so no need to throw stones at him.  He had a wonderful HS career and hopefully will do good things at UTSA.  Now for the Dawg players, they better address their lack of effort before next week because they are going to get a lot of work.  As Cotton has already stated, the GR QB/WR/RB core can play.

I mean I get where the guy is coming from. As a coach myself you can tell he is a great athlete. Lack effort this lack of effort that. 

what I will say and is 100 percent truth is as a student athlete or athlete period there are only two things you can control and that’s (Attitude & Effort). With that being said #44 was jawing at the sideline early but once Carthage scored the TD after halftime his body language completely changed. To me that’s huge.

Edited by Cleareyesopenheartcantlose

Carthage has a great team.  Carthage has garbage fans.  They remind me of Gilmer fans when they too thought that they were invincible and got brought back to earth by LE in 2006.  I attended the game and sat on the Carthage side of the stadium, and you wouldn't believe all of the crying and belly aching that I observed.  All of this happened while they were clearly winning the game.  Nevertheless, the only way to shut them up is to beat them.  They are not invincible.  We found that out last season.

PG now faces a reality check going forward into the future.  The Hawks will be in the playoffs next season.  They don't lose much, returning 18 starters, but what they lose in those other 4 starters is a lot of quality.  My concern is what is the offensive identity going to be.  If they are going to run the spread/rpo, it is not going to work.  If they go back wholeheartedly to the wing t, that is not going to work either.  The overall play calling is questionable like the play that was called on the 4th and 1 play in the first.  How about the multiple plays that were called rolling the quarterback out to the left side of the field putting him out of position to accurately throw the ball due to him being right-handed.  Gibson seems to only want to throw the ball in hopes of catching the defense by surprise.  Several times PG had a receiver open, but the quarterback never saw him and threw the ball elsewhere.  The Hawks just don't have enough experience in attempting to run a wide-open offense.  After next season when Johnson, Boardley, and company are gone then what is Gibson going to do?

• Stinks 2

33 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Carthage has a great team.  Carthage has garbage fans.  They remind me of Gilmer fans when they too thought that they were invincible and got brought back to earth by LE in 2006.  I attended the game and sat on the Carthage side of the stadium, and you wouldn't believe all of the crying and belly aching that I observed.  All of this happened while they were clearly winning the game.  Nevertheless, the only way to shut them up is to beat them.  They are not invincible.  We found that out last season.

PG now faces a reality check going forward into the future.  The Hawks will be in the playoffs next season.  They don't lose much, returning 18 starters, but what they lose in those other 4 starters is a lot of quality.  My concern is what is the offensive identity going to be.  If they are going to run the spread/rpo, it is not going to work.  If they go back wholeheartedly to the wing t, that is not going to work either.  The overall play calling is questionable like the play that was called on the 4th and 1 play in the first.  How about the multiple plays that were called rolling the quarterback out to the left side of the field putting him out of position to accurately throw the ball due to him being right-handed.  Gibson seems to only want to throw the ball in hopes of catching the defense by surprise.  Several times PG had a receiver open, but the quarterback never saw him and threw the ball elsewhere.  The Hawks just don't have enough experience in attempting to run a wide-open offense.  After next season when Johnson, Boardley, and company are gone then what is Gibson going to do?

Really I would like to hear what was said you might of just sat around a group of Karen's lol most not very knowledgeable fans tend to do thatjust cause they don't know any better as far as rules

50 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

8 times in 15 years. Gonna take more than one year to shut us up. Mostly I hear losers complaining about other peoples fans like they should just shut up and talk like they are gonna lose every week.

We as fans can talk smack. Some of us don't know if we are good are not and just talk. But when we are good are the rest of us supposed to say every week "well I just hope we can make a game of it and put up a good fight."

Take that crap somewhere else.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

I agree  with you.  What will PG do after net season  when all the guys are gone because  the pipeline  is drying up! I can tell you they wont win with just PG kids! But I believe  they are better in the wing-t

9 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

You won’t find a meek fanbase here.  We are very proud of the program and success here and just like Surratt expects above and beyond each year from his team and coaches, it has rubbed off on the fans. We know what he expects and what the players expect from theirselves and each other, which is to be state champions. In turn, we end up expecting the same. That is one of the many reasons why Carthage has built the nearly unheard of, sustained success that they have.  Not going to apologize for being a confident FAN. That is what all of us are on here, regardless of the program we follow. We are fans.  Fans can talk smack and be confident in their team, no one is owed some kind of “sportsmanship” in discussing football and what they think is going to happen or what a random fan in the stands thinks should have happened on a given play (Since you apparently sit on Carthage side and worry about what’s being said in the stands instead of enjoying the quality product on the field).  Players can talk smack and often do, many times to great effect as you can see when other teams and players get rattled. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, WhyUMad said:

I agree  with you.  What will PG do after net season  when all the guys are gone because  the pipeline  is drying up! I can tell you they wont win with just PG kids! But I believe  they are better in the wing-t

Doesn’t matter what they do, if they don’t become more physical it won’t matter.  Carthage was far more physical and it showed in the running game.  PG got whipped in the trenches

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said: