Carthage vs Pleasant Grove at Marshall Dec 2 7PM

CDAWG68

Bulldogs vs. Hawks  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2022 at 01:00 AM

2 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

PG has some good athletes.  But a lot of their best athletes play both ways.  They can get gassed.  

Biggest issue as I see it is PG can't throw the ball.  Or at least they couldn't against Gilmer.  If that hasn't changed, I don't see this being competitive.  PG defense is good, but I don't think it's Gilmer good.  And I think they will be gassed in the second half.  

But that's why they play the game.  We'll know Friday night.

Have you watched any games since the Gilmer game? Doesn’t sound like it. 

6 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

Dang did all of yalls dudes move in as 8th grade or freshman lol? I was just kidding when I asked that didn't know he really was a move in too

Red Lick doesn’t have a high school. They usually go to PG, Tx High, Hooks, Redwater from there. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

Dang did all of yalls dudes move in as 8th grade or freshman lol I was just kidding when I said that

15 has been at PG since 5th or 6th grade. The others or LE All-Stars as some refer came in 8th and 9th grade. Red Lick kids have several HS choices since they do not have a HS. T High gets their share of transfers too. It’s when the black athlete started transferring to PG is when some folks got bent out of shape.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, swaha said:

15 has been at PG since 5th or 6th grade. The others or LE All-Stars as some refer came in 8th and 9th grade. Red Lick kids have several HS choices since they do not have a HS. T High gets their share of transfers too. It’s when the black athlete started transferring to PG is when some folks got bent out of shape.

I remember him during jr high games he was a man among boys back then not so much anymore on varsity

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

And when pg started being good I remember we played yall one year in the playoffs at Lobo in last 10 years or so and yall were pretty bad and all white boys lol

No one was complaining about the 2017 team. The district was closed during that time period.

In the 15 seasons (prior to this one) that Coach Surratt has been at Carthage, the Bulldogs are 11-0 in regional championship games.

2020 - won over China Spring 52-14

2019 - beat Midlothian Heritage 24-7

2018 - won over Henderson 28-7

2017 - won over Henderson 35-0

2016 - won over Stafford 27-26

2015 - won over Silsbee 56-40

2013 - beat West Orange-Stark 28-14

2012 - won over Silsbee 50-21

2010 - won over Argyle 44-27

2009 - won over Lorena 28-21

2008 - won over Gilmer 31-28

6 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

I remember him during jr high games he was a man among boys back then not so much anymore on varsity

I don’t care about transfers. 
I want to know how the PG  O line is going to handle the Dawg D line and linebackers and a secondary that tackle like linebackers. 
I also want to know can PG D line get penetration against a big strong and quick O line. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I want to know how the PG  O line is going to handle the Dawg D line and linebackers and a secondary that tackle like linebackers. 
I also want to know can PG D line get penetration against a big strong and quick O line. 

That's where it's at those forgotten  guys win the war while those skill guys everyone knows just win the battles

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I’ll get back to you Fri around 10pm on that 😂 

All you can do against a team like Carthage is line up and see. 

Edited by Hawkeye55

17 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

We can only speculate on here to those questions. We will know the answer Friday night. Nothing wrong with having some small talk in between.

15 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

If you read through the comments C&C, you won’t find any who say PG OL is going to win the LOS.  All the talk is about the new Pistol offense and the athletes.  Why do you think that is?  The PG DL will have the better performance of the two.

3 hours ago, ProfDMC said:

I know we are all focused on THIS Friday, however next week is already determined with a 4 way agreement…according to Panola Watchman per Coach Surratt…

B95258EB-7BCE-4A05-9C41-23711ACABFED.jpeg

I can see 3 of the 4 agreeing on this……….but will/would be a long haul for Monahans.  

22 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

Like I said…we will see, you may be right.

Hawkeye I heard you got a man crush on PG coach! You got pictures  of him all in your room. We might need to put you on watch after the game after yall get a beatdown so you wont do anything  crazy to yourself 

4 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

Hawkeye I heard you got a man crush on PG coach! You got pictures  of him all in your room. We might need to put you on watch after the game after yall get a beatdown so you wont do anything  crazy to yourself 

Not hardly…you just make sure DK staying out of trouble.