Carthage vs Pleasant Grove at Marshall Dec 2 7PM

CDAWG68

Bulldogs vs. Hawks  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2022 at 01:00 AM

4 minutes ago, BD04 said:

I may stir up a hornets nest but I honestly want to know. And I may not get the truth here. Lol! But here goes... I was told that Carthage gets great players from outside their district who would normally play for other schools but they will come over and play for Carthage. Is this true? If so, then They've done nothing more than form an star team from surrounding area.  If these are all home grown young men born and raised in Carthage district then there should be a movie about them. 

Bro - I think you could have stirred up the same “hornets nest” by replacing Carthage with PG.  Truth is if either had done anything wrong, given their success the last 15 years, the UIL would have investigated and found something.  Have you heard anything in the news about either getting in trouble?

12 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

PG gets smoked by Carthage!  PG is finally gonna play someone with athletes. They had an easy bracket so far!

You have literally said the same thing for 10 weeks now. Maybe you get it right and can finally rest easy at night. 1-10 not bad… 🗑 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Bro - I think you could have stirred up the same “hornets nest” by replacing Carthage with PG.  Truth is if either had done anything wrong, given their success the last 15 years, the UIL would have investigated and found something.  Have you heard anything in the news about either getting in trouble?

I think we are all aware  that a player can move from another school  into the said district and be technically eligible to play after fulfilling UIL requirements. It's Just a loop hole in the system. So to answer your question, just because the UIL has not stepped in, does not answer my original question. Has Carthage or since you brought it up PG had players move from Other districts to play for said schools. I understand I'll probably never get a straight answer. 

Edited by BD04

8 minutes ago, BD04 said:

I may stir up a hornets nest but I honestly want to know. And I may not get the truth here. Lol! But here goes... I was told that Carthage gets great players from outside their district who would normally play for other schools but they will come over and play for Carthage. Is this true? If so, then all they've  done is form an all-star team from surrounding area.  And on the flip side, If these are all home grown young men born and raised in Carthage district then there should be a movie about them. 

Teams that are winning championships year and year out are not all homegrown kids. Carthage, Gilmer, and PG have all had kids transfer or move in to their district. That doesn’t mean the schools did anything wrong. There are checks in place within their district to make sure rules are followed. 

• Like 1

Just now, BD04 said:

I think we are all aware  that a player can move from another school  into the said district and be technically eligible to play after fulfilling UIL requirements. It's Just a loop hole in the system. So to answer your question, just because the UIL has not stepped does not answer my original question. Has Carthage or since you brought it up PG had players move from Other districts to play for said schools. I understand I'll probably never get a straight answer. 

Of course. Every good team has. That’s how it works. You begin to win and transfers happen. Doesn’t mean that anything is illegal 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BD04 said:

I think we are all aware  that a player can move from another school  into the said district and be technically eligible to play after fulfilling UIL requirements. It's Just a loop hole in the system. So to answer your question, just because the UIL has not stepped in, does not answer my original question. Has Carthage or since you brought it up PG had players move from Other districts to play for said schools. I understand I'll probably never get a straight answer. 

You will hear more about PG on here because Texarkana has two other Texas side schools and one AR side school. Some people like to say PG recruits….winning does the recruiting.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BD04 said:

If it’s not a UIL violation, then who cares?  Some of the kids on these and other teams are also children of coaches, teachers, admin, etc. that take jobs in the district.  All perfectly within the UIL rules.  You need to call the radio guys for Gilmer and jump on their conspiracy from the game last night!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

If it’s not a UIL violation, then who cares?  Some of the kids on these and other teams are also children of coaches, teachers, admin, etc. that take jobs in the district.  All perfectly within the UIL rules.  You need to call the radio guys for Gilmer and jump on their conspiracy from the game last night!

I know what you are saying and I follow you . All im saying is, it's hard to truly respect the schools who are winning all the time who we all know it's not all home grown talent. Carthage , PG are not the first. South Lake Carrol was the whipping post for years over this stuff. It just makes it more special when you see schools be successful within their own districts and not pulling from others. Carry on...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BD04 said:

I know what you are saying and I follow you . All im saying is, it's hard to truly respect the schools who are winning all the time who we all know it's not all home grown talent. Carthage , PG are not the first. South Lake Carrol was the whipping post for years over this stuff. It just makes it more special when you see schools be successful within their own districts and not pulling from others. Carry on...

Curious, what is considered “homegrown talent”, K-12 or something else?

1 minute ago, swaha said:

Curious, what is considered “homegrown talent”, K-12 or something else?

My family moved to Texarkana from another state when my son was in elementary school.  Guess we aren’t home grown. 

7 minutes ago, BD04 said:

I think you are a crappy troll. And no one cares if it’s hard for YOU to respect anyone, you suck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawk20 said:

My family moved to Texarkana from another state when my son was in elementary school.  Guess we aren’t home grown. 

People are more mobile today than what they were 30 and 40 years ago. My kids went K-12 because we made a decision to raise a family in Texarkana.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BD04 said:

True story.  Last night at the Carthage vs Gilmer game, I sat next to a man & his son who was a 15 year old 9th grader.  Kid looked to be around 6’2 and maybe 250 lbs.  Through small talk at halftime, the dad told me that he was basically “scouting” schools with successful football programs as he planned to move his family away from the city.  He told me they had been to 1-2 playoff games every weekend the last 2 weeks.  I share this story to agree with what other posters have said.  Things are different today than they were 10-15 years ago.

• Like 1

Instead of trying to find a way to bash either program, I think both coaches should be commended on the programs they have built. Both have turned down offers and continued to stay in smaller communities doing what they do. Heck, Lane Kiffin is on his 4th school in 2 years. I appreciate what both have done for their community/schools.  

Edited by Hawkeye55
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Unbiased1 said:

I don’t think anyone thinks the formation is revolutionary, I think PG finally letting a QB with a Texas Tech offer, and a RB with an Auburn offer play in space and make plays is what people are excited about. QB may be best athlete on field, it was a waste making him run the wing T.

This^^^ I totally agree

2 hours ago, EastTexasKnowItAll said:

Take a look at the rosters on those other city teams when they were really good. In all their sports.   Girls and boys.  Always funny when LE and TxH posters point the finger at PG. 

Where would PG be this year without their qb and rb?

4 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I just watched Gilmer and PG. 

Gilmer defense totally dominated PG’S offense. PG defense played well but the sophomore QB for Gilmer was off on half his throws in the first half, he was more accurate in the second half. Gilmers D line was in the backfield making tackles on nearly every play. 
No doubt PG has improved but besides Gilmer who have they played. 
Dawgs just need to be prepared and play Dawg ball and should win this game. Dawg offense cleans up the mistakes they made against Gilmer. PG did a good job of stopping the run against Gilmer in the first half because the passing was not very good. 

PG has improved since the Gilmer game, on both sides of the ball.  But we will see how much this Friday. 

• Wild74 changed the title to Carthage vs Pleasant Grove at Marshall Dec 2 7PM