NewtonNation

Harmony vs Newton  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Harmony
    • Newton

This poll is closed to new votes

27 minutes ago, Purpleforever said:

All I want is a good injury free game. Everybody left is good, got to play a good game. I guarantee an Eagle victory. LOL

I agree. With the exception of Harmony, the final 8 are who I thought would be here at the beginning of the year. should be some fun games from here on out!

14 hours ago, tiger1965 said:

Listening to all  this talk about how Harmony has no chance makes me more and more excited to see this game, Harmony has surprised eveyone this year I guess Newton, or at lest their fans, are next. 

They sure surprised me when White Oak beat em. 😝

14 hours ago, FIGNEWTON said:

Ya us and daingerfield can do that we both have the backing in the 🏆 case to talk like that to each other but being your first time to the 4th round and your record being what it is just don't give you the backing you need to come in here talking smack cause you going to look dumb when you get exposed Friday 

What's this got to do with this game? I remember our first time to State...do you?

23 hours ago, tigernationfan said:

Your right 😂 but it hurts bad bad bad on our end, losing by 4 on the 10 yard line and knowing we got 3 receivers who are really good but we just couldn't make contact.  I think I would have rather lost by 20 than just 4 and should have been able to punch it in but couldn't.  Congrats to Newton on the stand-up hold on defense.  They never held us that good all night until when it counted 😂 

I was writing our Eagles obituary a few times that night. Especially on that series you mentioned. It was maddening to have to listen on the stream. You can’t get a full picture of the setting of the game. But, the end result sure felt good. 😊

22 hours ago, FIGNEWTON said:

I think the speed is what will kill them looks like they have some pretty big boys but it's hard to play aginst guys that can run that's what makes us and daingerfield games so exciting everyone is so fast on both sides who's going to get the first step is what it comes down to

Boy did that show Friday night. Speed wasn’t a factor, on either side. It came down to grit, and determination.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

How did New Waverly put 34 on Newton? Newton turnovers? Was it garbage time scores? Was it through the air or ground? 

A bye week and boys wasn't ready and got down 21 to 0 and then it was over lol they decided to play ball and that's what they did they shut it down quick 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FIGNEWTON said:

A bye week and boys wasn't ready and got down 21 to 0 and then it was over lol they decided to play ball and that's what they did they shut it down quick 

Bye weeks and Turkey week always break the rhythm of a team.  On turkey week they full of turkey and lose a step. Glad we beyond that now and get back normal.  Weather is the main concern now along with injuries. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newtonres7586 said:

I was writing our Eagles obituary a few times that night. Especially on that series you mentioned. It was maddening to have to listen on the stream. You can’t get a full picture of the setting of the game. But, the end result sure felt good. 😊

2 good powerhouse teams is all I can say.   And one helluva playoff ball game. Well worth the price of admission.... except for the L 😂 

• Like 2

• Wild74 changed the title to Region 3 Finals Harmony vs Newton Harmony 36 Newton 22 Final