NewtonNation

Harmony vs Newton  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Harmony
    • Newton

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/27/2022 at 8:05 AM, JustAFan11 said:

They played 3 down and 2 linebackers vs West Rusk. Harmony took a 10 point lead into the half and the Raiders went away from the run game. 
I expect Harmony would play more bodies in the box to try and slow down the run. They will play their corners in man and if you can hit the deep ball they’ll tip their cap and play on. 

On offense the oline has played much better as the season has gone on. They have run the ball on everyone, they really gashed Dangerfield right up the middle but they were able to get outside on New Waverly and Hooks. 

The most exciting thing about this Harmony team is obviously how well they’ve played the last 3 weeks but they’ve done it differently each week. The coaches do a good job with their game planning and the kids have executed well. 

I’ve seen newton and I’ve seen harmony 2-3 times. This game won’t be close . Harmony had an easy route to get this far . But will lose by 40 Friday .. Way to slow 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Judging by the 81-34 final score I trust it was garbage scores.

All 34 points were scored in the 1st half, it was 21-6 NW at the end of the first. Harmony has had a good run, they beat NW on a 4th down jump ball in the 4th quarter. I don't think they have the speed or the bodies to keep up with Newton.

• Like 2

On any given Friday. Do not under estimate both teams. These young men are all in it to win. 2016 Newton was a heavy favorite to advance to the state semi-finals but lost to Arp 13-6. Like I said any given Friday. Good Luck to both teams.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Spud  

27 minutes ago, sumospud said:

On any given Friday. Do not under estimate both teams. These young men are all in it to win. 2016 Newton was a heavy favorite to advance to the state semi-finals but lost to Arp 13-6. Like I said any given Friday. Good Luck to both teams.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Spud  

.................. Overshawn..........................

1 hour ago, sumospud said:

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Spud  

This Harmony team doesn’t have the athletes or talent that ARP had that year. ARP only had 3 losses . Lost by 10 to Tatum, 7 to EF and by 1 to Boiling (who went to state) all good programs 

• Like 1

Harmony 55 Newton 0 that's my prediction for the week the red eagles going to smoke us they have improved over the last 3 weeks playing aginst the district Champs that they played on there side of the bracket and we are getting worse giving up 12 points to daingerfield and only scoring 16 

• Wow 1

• Wild74 changed the title to Region 3 Finals Harmony vs Newton Harmony 36 Newton 22 Final