Region 3 Finals Harmony vs Newton Harmony 36 Newton 22 Final

NewtonNation

Harmony vs Newton  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Harmony
    • Newton

This poll is closed to new votes

I sure hope Newton doesn't take Harmony lightly and come out flat.  Harmony is the type team that can sneak up on folks.  They have progressively gotten better week after week and seem to be playing their best ball of the season right now, by far.......  I can't say the same about Newton..  I am pulling for Newton but am concerned about complacency!  If they come out and play Newton football for 4 quarters it won't be close but if you lay off even one quarter it could cost you!!  No team gets this far into the playoffs without being dangerous!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FIGNEWTON said:

I also think by looking a film Harmony could beat poth so if they can knock us out they might have a chance lol but it's a mighty big mountain to climb to be get past us figs lol fig mountain is full of surprises haha 

Poth is legit.... strength of schedule could be a valid argument, they've did what they were supposed to do with that schedule though

No disrespect to anyone left but when franklin moved up every one else was playing runner up behind gunter.. anything can happen but IMO it's theirs to lose

1 hour ago, SAPACK1 said:

I sure hope Newton doesn't take Harmony lightly and come out flat.  Harmony is the type team that can sneak up on folks.  They have progressively gotten better week after week and seem to be playing their best ball of the season right now, by far.......  I can't say the same about Newton..  I am pulling for Newton but am concerned about complacency!  If they come out and play Newton football for 4 quarters it won't be close but if you lay off even one quarter it could cost you!!  No team gets this far into the playoffs without being dangerous!!

How you can't say Newton hasn't gotten better? They scored 58 in round 1, 65 in round 2 and beat a good Daingerfield team that beat Harmony by 3 td's. If Newton had Harmony route here it would have been ugly for the other teams. If Harmony had Newton route they would be out of the playoffs. But Congrats to Harmony making it this far

Edited by FridayNightLightss
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 2

29 minutes ago, FridayNightLightss said:

How you can't say Newton hasn't gotten better? They scored 58 in round 1, 65 in round 2 and beat a good Daingerfield team that beat Harmony by 3 td's. If Newton had Harmony route here it would have been ugly for the other teams. If Harmony had Newton route they would be out of the playoffs. But Congrats to Harmony making it this far

That's what I'm talking bout haha we going to roll on in to state we going to show them what we working with the next two weeks then they will no lol

49 minutes ago, FridayNightLightss said:

Please don't let my opinion offend you, that was not my intent and in no way am I bashing or attempting to take anything away from Newton.  All I am stating is that Harmony seems to be playing better ball, by leaps and bounds, than they were early in the season and it appears that they are continuing to get better each game.  Newton beat Jasper and WOS early in the year then struggled early in the game (first half) against New Waverly and looked very flat against Hemphill in the first half.  On top of that the first half of play against DF was not play typical of a Newton team with multiple turnovers and lots of penalties.  All I am saying is that Newton needs to come out and play 4 full quarters of typical Newton style football.  If they do that, the game will not be close, however Harmony has improved enough that they could make things scary if Newton comes out flat and plays sloppy.......  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BoyzNdaHood said:

Poth is legit.... strength of schedule could be a valid argument, they've did what they were supposed to do with that schedule though

No disrespect to anyone left but when franklin moved up every one else was playing runner up behind gunter.. anything can happen but IMO it's theirs to lose

How is that when they can make it to state and they can't get the W might just mean that the beast from the East goth there number 

1 minute ago, FIGNEWTON said:

And you done lost your mind lol 

Nah, I just believe in my son and our team…. probably just like you.

‘Been a great year so far for every team that’s still in it. I like a little trash talk, just hope everyone remembers that these are high school kids we’re talking about

• Wild74 changed the title to Region 3 Finals Harmony vs Newton Harmony 36 Newton 22 Final