Quarter finals: Lovelady vs. Mart

RETIREDFAN1

Lovelady vs. Mart  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Quarterfinals

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

Thanks you. We actually do have a good chance we can’t have the false  starts or any penalty on the offense. But I think we are a tough match up for them. We are going to have to score every time in the red zone y’all did a good job to stop us 

Yes, make each possession count. That and no turnovers are the key.

• Like 1

I think it helps that we played mart the last two years and even though the score doesn’t look like it but last years game was 28-16 in the 4th. Wortham gave them a good game by running it at them. We can do the same thing but with a better defense than wortham. 

Edited by Lion1996

3 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

I think it helps that we played mart the last two years and even though the score doesn’t look like it but last years game was 28-16 in the 4th. Wortham gave them a good game by running it at them. We can go the same thing but with a better defense than wortham. 

And centerville only lost to them by 1 point !  And they ran it at them ,  so y’all got a good chance man!  Let those big backs wear em down 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thepit73 said:

Mart has an awesome qb that’s way better than Carlisle. Work on your secondary coverage because Indians were dicing them up.

I agree he missed a few that were open too. But we made adjustments in the second half and got stops 

18 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

I agree he missed a few that were open too. But we made adjustments in the second half and got stops 

Don't think you adjustments of dropping the defensive end in coverage was the difference. Carlisle bailed out on running the ball. Their qb is not runner he is pocket passer. Those few open were big plays either dropped or just bad passes. 

Edited by bigtank05
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bigtank05 said:

Don't think you adjustments of dropping the defensive end in coverage was the difference. Carlisle bailed out on running the ball. Their qb is not runner he is pocket passer. Those few open were big plays either dropped or just bad passes. 

Facts,but we lost so you know..number 21 touched ball four times and scored twice and we just quit given him the touches 🤷‍♂️. There is a reason he's been out to Texas Tech for visit 👀.we played game totally out of our character and literally changed our game style and I'm a little frustrated over it. but I'm not coach so it is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/26/2022 at 3:53 PM, corrigancamden09 said:

And centerville only lost to them by 1 point !  And they ran it at them ,  so y’all got a good chance man!  Let those big backs wear em down 

That's no secret. The 4-3 defense is defense built for speed and is a 1 gap defense. It's great against the pass and run. Mart defense is usually under sized but fast and strong enough to hold their own. They don't blitz much or change the defense for specific team cause the front 4 get after it. Last yes big run heavy teams usually give us fits for little bit.  That's been team's best bet against mart  for years. We always had 170 pound d tackle that fear nobody. Those kids went against kids twice their size. We  beefed up the d-line this year.  You can't coach effort. We have a state qualifier power lifter middle line backer. 6' 220. #54

FB_IMG_1669441922163.jpg

7 hours ago, bigtank05 said:

That's no secret. The 4-3 defense is defense built for speed and is a 1 gap defense. It's great against the pass and run. Mart defense is usually under sized but fast and strong enough to hold their own. They don't blitz much or change the defense for specific team cause the front 4 get after it. Last yes big run heavy teams usually give us fits for little bit.  That's been team's best bet against mart  for years. We always had 170 pound d tackle that fear nobody. Those kids went against kids twice their size. We  beefed up the d-line this year.  You can't coach effort. We have a state qualifier power lifter middle line backer. 6' 220. #54

FB_IMG_1669441922163.jpg

Looks like a great athlete!  #15 ain’t no baby himself… 😂

• Like 1