Quarter finals: Lovelady vs. Mart

RETIREDFAN1

Lovelady vs. Mart  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Quarterfinals

This poll is closed to new votes

Mart is a Machine. They have Tradition and expect to win. Thats hard to beat. They aren't unbeatable but it takes a lot of luck, great athletes, the right play calls and willing ness to give 100% till the clock reads 0. in the last 7 years they have a total of 8 losses. That is an incredible job at a small school where talent can be so fluctuant. The coaching staff has done a n amazing job in mart. the last 7 years losses are he same as the previous 3 years to that  combined. They have 16 losses in 10 years. Good luck Lovelady. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 9:21 PM, blesseddaily said:

Any live video feeds (except the pay per view) or radio live feeds we can listen to?

PPV? Is this gonna be on NFHS? I haven't seen a link on this game I'm surprised. Really would like to watch this one. --lol found it on the streaming broadcast links right after I wrote this. 

Edited by Slickarick
saw it
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bigtank05 said:

I already know Dave Campbell doesn’t think much of us they had us by 7 over maud. So you know I’m not trusting their predictions. 

2 hours ago, Slickarick said:

Mart is a Machine. They have Tradition and expect to win. Thats hard to beat. They aren't unbeatable but it takes a lot of luck, great athletes, the right play calls and willing ness to give 100% till the clock reads 0. in the last 7 years they have a total of 8 losses. That is an incredible job at a small school where talent can be so fluctuant. The coaching staff has done a n amazing job in mart. the last 7 years losses are he same as the previous 3 years to that  combined. They have 16 losses in 10 years. Good luck Lovelady. 

Go 3 more years back they have 26 losses and one was at home to LL. I’m pretty sure they are top 10 best programs in any classification. But they are beatable even by lovelady 

Edited by Lion1996
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Slickarick said:

Well said.  I know anything can happen on any given Friday, but the numbers favor Mart.  Additionally, these kids are accustomed to playing these big post season games.  Business as usual.

GATA, Panthers.  BV pulling for ya!  Still say Mart by 3 TD's.

• Love 1

47 minutes ago, ChiefRedCloud said:

Lovelady beat them at home and in district. Only one of maybe a handful of district loses in the last 15-20 years( probably only 1 or 2 in the last 20 years). Mart is a very well oiled machine.

As far back as maxpreps goes they have only lost in district to Crawford lovelady and Teague. But the Teague one was way back when they had big and small in the same district and they only lost that one by 1

1 hour ago, Lion1996 said:

As far back as maxpreps goes they have only lost in district to Crawford lovelady and Teague. But the Teague one was way back when they had big and small in the same district and they only lost that one by 1

Correct. Teague 05, lovelday in mart 09, and at Crawford 2015. 

6 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

I already know Dave Campbell doesn’t think much of us they had us by 7 over maud. So you know I’m not trusting their predictions. 

Well I know rankings are for bragging and the reason yall wasn't ranked cause of your schedule. Honestly should have been top 5. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, bigtank05 said:

Well I know rankings are for bragging and the reason yall wasn't ranked cause of your schedule. Honestly should have been top 5. 

It’s y’all’s fault that we weren’t ranked 😂. If we had been in the district that we are in this year we might’ve been playing you in regional last year. We’d at least been in round 3 vs chilton which I think we’d had a chance against them. If we’d gotten that far last season we’d been ranked all year no matter the schedule 

16 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

It’s y’all’s fault that we weren’t ranked 😂. If we had been in the district that we are in this year we might’ve been playing you in regional last year. We’d at least been in round 3 vs chilton which I think we’d had a chance against them. If we’d gotten that far last season we’d been ranked all year no matter the schedule 

Lol. 

1 hour ago, RipperRipper said:

Gameday guys! Let's hear some smacktalk.  Ha....... Wish our Indians were getting a chance at Mart, but the Lions do. 🥴 Good Luck tonight guys. Go represent. 

Thanks rip. You will get your chance against us again next year 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I don't expect Lovelady to get by mart,but as a man of my word,I'm rooting for the lions the rest of the season...get after them and don't let up,hammer that D line and may the breaks fall your way.Hope the winner takes Jerry's house ✌️

Thanks. It’s hard to believe that they will any faster offense than y’all. So maybe we can keep it away from them and get a few stops like we did with PC. No ducks left. have to play your best or you go home. 

• Like 1