Quarterfinal: #4 Refugio vs. #6 Shiner at San Marcos 12/2 @ 7p

RETIREDFAN1

Refugio vs. Shiner  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Quarterfinal

This poll is closed to new votes

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

Everide2016 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 10 points.

Refugio's one loss was first game of year against 3AD1 Hitchcock who was still playing yesterday and lost to #1 Franklin.  Refugio beat 3AD1 Edna 40-22. Edna, with only the one loss against Refugio, will be playing for their Regional Championship against Llano next week.

Shiner's two losses came against 3A Hallettsville, 14-7, in week one; and to district foe Refugio, 38-27, on 10/21.

Game is Friday at 7, San Marcos High School's Rattler Stadium. 

Winner almost surely plays Timpson in semi-final.  Should be a great game.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Refugio's one loss was first game of year against 3AD1 Hitchcock who was still playing yesterday and lost to #1 Franklin.  Refugio beat 3AD1 Edna 40-22. Edna, with only the one loss against Refugio, will be playing for their Regional Championship against Llano next week.

Shiner's two losses came against 3A Hallettsville, 14-7, in week one; and to district foe Refugio, 38-27, on 10/21.

Game is Friday at 7, San Marcos High School's Rattler Stadium. 

Winner almost surely plays Timpson in semi-final.  Should be a great game.

We posted at the same time.....lol.....merged the two .....

Flip a coin.  This one can go either way.  If I had to make a pick, I'm going with Refugio.  They have more weapons and have shown they know how to beat Shiner, even in games when on paper there's no way they should win.  Also, during the game a month ago, Refugio seemed to have not fully opened up their offense.  They'll be throwing it all at Shiner this time.  If Refugio semi-contains Brooks, they win.  

• Like 2

I agree with Everide Refugio has yet to open up the playbook, what hurts Shiner is Doug Brooks is gone but still have Dalton, it’s much easier to contain one good back than two, I think Refugio wins this game but like any coach well tell you they hate to play the same team twice in a season especially a month apart, that first game Refugio ran at will against Shiner didn’t really pass much, I’m  guessing cause they knew they would meet up with Shiner again, I’m sure Refugio has a bigger playbook than Shiner and we should see a whole different game from their first meeting, should be a good one though no doubt 

7 hours ago, WildBear said:

I am going with Shiner on this one. They are still defending champs until someone takes it from them. Their coach will have them ready to play.

Refugio did that during district play, but this is the one that really counts.  I give Refugio the edge in coaching and overall team speed and athleticism, so I'm picking Refugio.  

• Like 1

• Wild74 changed the title to Quarterfinal: Refugio vs. Shiner at San Marcos 12/2 7:00 PM
  • Crawford changed the title to Quarterfinal: #4 Refugio vs. #6 Shiner at San Marcos 12/2 @ 7p