Conservative Parents vs Liberal Teachers...

Monte1076

Well there should be one..

Liberal parents are those that come in, bulldoze everything for their kids....who are NOT responsible for anything that they do, it's the teachers fault that they are failing, they aren't doing their work, and they miss school.....

38 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Well there should be one..

Liberal parents are those that come in, bulldoze everything for their kids....who are NOT responsible for anything that they do, it's the teachers fault that they are failing, they aren't doing their work, and they miss school.....

Is that a story based on your experiences as a teacher?

3 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Is that a story based on your experiences as a teacher?

Well, I have 29 years of experience in this subject area.....so yes, that would be based on experiences....especially when you have principals and administrators that bend over to kiss the rears of the parents instead of defending the institution of education and the educators. As long as people keep dividing the educational process with "Conservative parents vs Liberal teachers", then yes...we will continue to have this problem..

Most teaching problems don't come from liberalism--it comes for political hacks in state & federal governments that control the money of the schools. By placing mandates on educational areas with "no money" to fix the problem that mandated....instead of basing funding on attendance--they should just budget a certain amount of money for each district and that's all they get from the state & federal governments...then allow the locals to run their districts, without government interference...

30 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Well, I have 29 years of experience in this subject area.....so yes, that would be based on experiences....especially when you have principals and administrators that bend over to kiss the rears of the parents instead of defending the institution of education and the educators. As long as people keep dividing the educational process with "Conservative parents vs Liberal teachers", then yes...we will continue to have this problem..

Most teaching problems don't come from liberalism--it comes for political hacks in state & federal governments that control the money of the schools. By placing mandates on educational areas with "no money" to fix the problem that mandated....instead of basing funding on attendance--they should just budget a certain amount of money for each district and that's all they get from the state & federal governments...then allow the locals to run their districts, without government interference...

One thing I've never quite understood is why they do the school funding on a per student per hour basis (or however they do it in the various districts). I don't understand why they just don't take the enrollment at the beginning of the year (or heck, even once per month to account for move-ins/outs), and just say X number of students times Y days of school times Z amount of money per student = $$$ for that school.

It seems more complicated than it probably should be. That doesn't really apply to us, as we home school, but still...

13 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

One thing I've never quite understood is why they do the school funding on a per student per hour basis (or however they do it in the various districts). I don't understand why they just don't take the enrollment at the beginning of the year (or heck, even once per month to account for move-ins/outs), and just say X number of students times Y days of school times Z amount of money per student = $$$ for that school.

It seems more complicated than it probably should be. That doesn't really apply to us, as we home school, but still...

That is too logical for the politicians and bureaucrats down in Austin. They have to play a numbers game to keep the money in the general fund instead of using it to promote education. Follow the money--it'll lead you to the source of all bad political moves in the state or the nation.