🔮 TRANSFER PORTAL 🔮

Red90fly

We have 15 players in the transfer portal. 3 of them are big losses. 4-5 played meaningful snaps. The rest never saw the field.

Our RT who had 31 starts entered the portal this week. He's already got an offer from Washington State, Syracuse, Virginia, Houston and a few G5 schools. 

Our 2 starting DEs (twin brothers) just entered the portal. They had 25 sacks between them and already received an offer from Oregon State. The transfer portal and our mismanagement of it will be a reason our coaching staff gets fired after this season.

16 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Kiffin has brought in some really good portal players.

And he called out Saban for doing exactly what he's doing.

"Now they go to cherry-pick players for any holes they may have like an Ohio State receiver [Jameson Williams] or a Tennessee linebacker [Henry To'o To'o]," Kiffin said. "So now, it's like not only do they get the best draft picks but they get to go into free agency and take players, so it really is going to set up one of the most talented teams ever, which is what we're getting ready to play."

• 9 months later...

Why are these guys transferring should be the first thing that is asked? 

I understand coaching changes for some of those kids.....but it looks like a lot of 3 Star that aren't getting the playing time they want are trying to find a better place to land. Doesn't mean if they transfer life gets better, I guess they can transfer again the next year.....:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas portal: 

Hudson Card-QB

Troy Omiere-WR

Andre Karic-OL

Prince Deborah-Edge

Jameir Johnson-CB

DJ Harris-LB

JD Coffey-S

The only surprise here, at least for me, is Omiere. The only reason he hasn't seen the field is injury. I'm not sure why he thinks that'll be different anywhere else.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

The only surprise here, at least for me, is Omiere. The only reason he hasn't seen the field is injury. I'm not sure why he thinks that'll be different anywhere else.

Yeah they rest of these guys have been passed up by younger players. Maybe Omiere feels like he is healthy enough to play?

1 minute ago, JustAFan11 said:

Yeah they rest of these guys have been passed up by younger players. Maybe Omiere feels like he is healthy enough to play?

It's hard to imagine he's healthy, and simply not seeing the field. All I've heard for 3 years now is how much potential this kid has. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Maybe this is a result of the exit interview Sark said he would conduct with every player. If not, then maybe Sark convinces him to stay.