Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case

Monte1076

Just now, Youngcoach123 said:

He saw the one he was carrying along with the other agent provocateurs.

Probably Ray Epps.  I'm still waiting to hear how these protesters were going to overthrow the government as Barry as claimed.  He said it was planned and organized but I still haven't heard what the plan was..

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

I will say with great confidence that there was a coordinated effort on January 6th, planned over weeks, to completely shut down the voting confirmation of the presidential election. 

With great confidence, what was the plan?  Kill all of congress?  Just dems?  Start a dictatorship?  What did cnn tell you?

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

That I won't indulge your off the wall nonsense doesn't make more or less brave

What is off the wall?  You said:

Just now, ObiOne said:

I will say with great confidence that there was a coordinated effort on January 6th, planned over weeks, to completely shut down the voting confirmation of the presidential election. 

I asked what was planned over weeks?  How was the government going to be overthrown as YOU claim?

40 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

What is off the wall?  You said:

I asked what was planned over weeks?  How was the government going to be overthrown as YOU claim?

If you have looked at all, with open eyes, there was a coordinated effort to storm into the Capitol building, menace those within enough to stop the process, which did happen for a bit, then there is evidence of further violence planned. You might want to look at what the response of even the GOP House members and GOP Senators was to what was going on, as to their real fear of being physically attacked. Ultimately, there was intense pressure on Pence to not do his job, and if he hadn't pushed on and completed it, then there is no telling what chaos might have ensued. How is that not reality to you? 

• SMH 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

If you have looked at all, with open eyes, there was a coordinated effort to storm into the Capitol building, menace those within enough to stop the process, which did happen for a bit, then there is evidence of further violence planned. You might want to look at what the response of even the GOP House members and GOP Senators was to what was going on, as to their real fear of being physically attacked. Ultimately, there was intense pressure on Pence to not do his job, and if he hadn't pushed on and completed it, then there is no telling what chaos might have ensued. How is that not reality to you? 

You said there is some elaborate plan that went on for weeks.  What was the plan to overthrow the gov?  I saw a protest where some people (likely feds) got out of control.  Nowhere in any of that did I think the yahoos walking through the capitol were in any danger of overthrowing the damn US government and taking over anything of significance. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

You said there is some elaborate plan that went on for weeks.  What was the plan to overthrow the gov?  I saw a protest where some people (likely feds) got out of control.  Nowhere in any of that did I think the yahoos walking through the capitol were in any danger of overthrowing the damn US government and taking over anything of significance. 

You do realize that the title of this thread had the words seditious conspiracy in it? They were convicted of it, as others could be, also. Do some reading on their cases. Incompetence doesn't negate intentionality. 'Yahoos' did damage and hurt police officers with 140 of them injured. AND people died as a consequence of their actions. 

(NEW YORK TIMES)

These Are the People Who Died in Connection With the Capitol Riot
A bipartisan Senate report found that at least seven people had lost their lives in connection with the Jan. 6 attack.

WASHINGTON — As a pro-Trump protest turned into a violent attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6 last year, four people in the crowd died.

Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran, was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer as rioters tried to breach the House chamber.

Kevin D. Greeson died of a heart attack, collapsing on the sidewalk west of the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Rosanne Boyland appeared to have been crushed in a stampede of fellow rioters as they surged against the police.

Benjamin Philips, the founder of a pro-Trump website called Trumparoo, died of a stroke.

Mr. Greeson and Mr. Philips died of natural causes, the Washington medical examiner said in April. He added that Ms. Boyland’s death was caused by an accidental overdose.

In the days and weeks after the riot, five police officers who had served at the Capitol on Jan. 6 died.

Officer Brian D. Sicknick of the Capitol Police, who was attacked by the mob, died on Jan. 7.

Officer Jeffrey Smith of the Metropolitan Police Department killed himself after the attack.

Officer Howard S. Liebengood of the Capitol Police also died by suicide four days afterward.

The Capitol Police had previously said that Officer Sicknick died from injuries sustained “while physically engaging with protesters.” The Washington medical examiner later ruled that he had died of natural causes: multiple strokes that occurred hours after Officer Sicknick’s confrontation with the mob. The medical examiner added, however, that “all that transpired played a role in his condition.”

A bipartisan Senate report, released in June, found that the seven deaths were connected to the Capitol attack. But the report was issued a month before two Metropolitan Police officers — Gunther Hashida and Kyle DeFreytag — died by suicide in July.

The police agencies have not classified the four total suicides as “line of duty” deaths that would provide the victims’ families with enhanced benefits. Washington law excludes suicide deaths from the line-of-duty designation.

About 150 officers from the Capitol Police, the Metropolitan Police Department and local agencies were injured, and hundreds of workers were traumatized by the mob.

In its final report, the House select committee investigating Jan. 6 could mention an official death toll from the violence.

Democratic lawmakers have sought to include the police suicides as deaths that occurred in connection with Jan. 6. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Democrat of New York, said on Twitter in October that the Capitol riot was “a terror attack” that left “almost 10 dead,” a toll that apparently included the four suicides.

Other Democratic members of Congress have lobbied for the police suicides to be designated as line-of-duty deaths. Senators Mark Warner and Tim Kaine, and Representatives Jennifer Wexton and Donald S. Beyer Jr., all Democrats of Virginia, wrote to Mayor Muriel E. Bowser of Washington in October asking that Officer Smith be granted a line-of-duty death designation.

“Officer Jeffrey Smith was a mentally healthy person who received a blow to the head, began to exhibit symptoms he had never exhibited before, and nine days later died by suicide,” the lawmakers’ letter said. “The explanation for this tragedy seems clear.”

You do realize that the title of this thread had the words seditious conspiracy in it? They were convicted of it, as others could be, also. Do some reading on their cases. Incompetence doesn't negate intentionality. 'Yahoos' did damage and hurt police officers with 140 of them injured. AND people died as a consequence of their actions. 

(NEW YORK TIMES)

A bipartisan Senate report found that at least seven people had lost their lives in connection with the Jan. 6 attack.

WASHINGTON — As a pro-Trump protest turned into a violent attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6 last year, four people in the crowd died.

Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran, was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer as rioters tried to breach the House chamber.

Kevin D. Greeson died of a heart attack, collapsing on the sidewalk west of the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Rosanne Boyland appeared to have been crushed in a stampede of fellow rioters as they surged against the police.

Benjamin Philips, the founder of a pro-Trump website called Trumparoo, died of a stroke.

Mr. Greeson and Mr. Philips died of natural causes, the Washington medical examiner said in April. He added that Ms. Boyland’s death was caused by an accidental overdose.

In the days and weeks after the riot, five police officers who had served at the Capitol on Jan. 6 died.

Officer Brian D. Sicknick of the Capitol Police, who was attacked by the mob, died on Jan. 7.

Officer Jeffrey Smith of the Metropolitan Police Department killed himself after the attack.

Officer Howard S. Liebengood of the Capitol Police also died by suicide four days afterward.

The Capitol Police had previously said that Officer Sicknick died from injuries sustained “while physically engaging with protesters.” The Washington medical examiner later ruled that he had died of natural causes: multiple strokes that occurred hours after Officer Sicknick’s confrontation with the mob. The medical examiner added, however, that “all that transpired played a role in his condition.”

A bipartisan Senate report, released in June, found that the seven deaths were connected to the Capitol attack. But the report was issued a month before two Metropolitan Police officers — Gunther Hashida and Kyle DeFreytag — died by suicide in July.

The police agencies have not classified the four total suicides as “line of duty” deaths that would provide the victims’ families with enhanced benefits. Washington law excludes suicide deaths from the line-of-duty designation.

About 150 officers from the Capitol Police, the Metropolitan Police Department and local agencies were injured, and hundreds of workers were traumatized by the mob.

In its final report, the House select committee investigating Jan. 6 could mention an official death toll from the violence.

Democratic lawmakers have sought to include the police suicides as deaths that occurred in connection with Jan. 6. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Democrat of New York, said on Twitter in October that the Capitol riot was “a terror attack” that left “almost 10 dead,” a toll that apparently included the four suicides.

Other Democratic members of Congress have lobbied for the police suicides to be designated as line-of-duty deaths. Senators Mark Warner and Tim Kaine, and Representatives Jennifer Wexton and Donald S. Beyer Jr., all Democrats of Virginia, wrote to Mayor Muriel E. Bowser of Washington in October asking that Officer Smith be granted a line-of-duty death designation.

“Officer Jeffrey Smith was a mentally healthy person who received a blow to the head, began to exhibit symptoms he had never exhibited before, and nine days later died by suicide,” the lawmakers’ letter said. “The explanation for this tragedy seems clear.”

Thanks for pointing out that there was no plan to overthrow the gov and this was just a political witch hunt.  Glad to see you finally seeing the truth.

On 11/30/2022 at 12:55 PM, BarryLaverty said:

Without plunging down into a rabbithole with you, I will say with great confidence that there was a coordinated effort on January 6th, planned over weeks, to completely shut down the voting confirmation of the presidential election. That response, instigated by Trump and his minions, was violent and was by every definition of the word an insurrection. I fully believe that there were bad actors, with firepower prepared, accessible to them, that would have been utilized, if certain things had occurred, such as Trump being able to go to the Capitol and not stopped by the Secret Service. Any attempt to diminish or deflect or straw man away the actions of what happened are cowardly and treasonous, in my opinion.  There Is ZIP comparison to it that is fitting. 

The FBI did do some planning.  Of that I am certain.

23 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

(NEW YORK TIMES)

The capitol police suicides don't seem odd to you?

26 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

The capitol police suicides don't seem odd to you?

That they were severely impacted by American citizens attacking them and spitting on them and spraying bear spray in their faces and causing them to be hospitalized? The trauma of all that? Yeah, that's not an everyday occurrence. Is that what you were acknowledging? 

7 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I will acknowledge that was reported to have happened and it should not have happened. I don't believe what occurred on January 6 should have happened at all.  I find it disgusting.  But it was not an insurrection.  People who committed crimes should be prosecuted in accordance with the US Law.  They should not be held in a without due process.  I have no sympathy at all for people who broke the law.

That being said, there are some things on that day that don't add up and I believe there were some government actors in the crowd to help stir things up.  Regardless, there was no cause for breaking the law and attacking officers doing their job.  I will agree with that.  I don't know who the Oath Keepers are and don't care.  Criminals go to jail.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I will acknowledge that was reported to have happened and it should not have happened. I don't believe what occurred on January 6 should have happened at all.  I find it disgusting.  But it was not an insurrection.  People who committed crimes should be prosecuted in accordance with the US Law.  They should not be held in a without due process.  I have no sympathy at all for people who broke the law.

That being said, there are some things on that day that don't add up and I believe there were some government actors in the crowd to help stir things up.  Regardless, there was no cause for breaking the law and attacking officers doing their job.  I will agree with that.  I don't know who the Oath Keepers are and don't care.  Criminals go to jail.

My comment was to Obione, but I appreciate your thoughts and understand where you are coming from...

My comment was to Obione, but I appreciate your thoughts and understand where you are coming from...

You can show me pics of some right wingers acting badly.  I can show you videos of capitol security letting in protesters and leading them around the capitol with a documentary camera crew following them.  It was an inside job perpetuated by both R's and D's.  Political theater if you will.  Some can see it.  Some cannot.