Anybody Have Doe Tags That They Aren't going to use??

blesseddaily

Been hunting and harvesting deer all my life but lost our lease because the timber companies sold the land. Just thought I would throw this out there and see if anybody had a place I could harvest a doe. Not interested in horns, just meat. I'm fine with a late season hunt so it wouldn't disturb the hunting for bucks. Thanks guys and best of luck in your buck hunts!! Absolutely nothing better than mornings spent in the stands!!

Until this season I would have welcomed you but unfortunately you and I are in the same position.  I've never had a year without a lease until this year due to a very similar predicament as you.  It was too late in the year to find another lease.  I hunt A LOT....  4 or 5 days a week every week of season and we hunt Oct thru January so I am really lost as to what to do this time of the year without hunting.....

• Like 1

Thanks anyway! This is actually the 2nd year for me and it isn't any easier. I have been hunting for over 50 years, our family always had deer camps with very minimal cabins or campers at a central location. Now it's almost impossible to find a lease that the average guy can afford, much less all the other costs involved. I got a chance to go on a coaching friends private property yesterday and enjoyed it so much!! Reminded me how much I miss the quiet mornings on the stand!! Lot's of "come to Jesus" talks have occurred on dear stands...at least fir me it has!! LOL!!! Didn't see anything but some very fat fox squirrels but it was great!!! Vienna Saudage and crackers never tasted so good!!!! You folks stay safe out there!! God bless!!

On 12/7/2022 at 4:37 PM, blesseddaily said:

Thanks anyway! This is actually the 2nd year for me and it isn't any easier. I have been hunting for over 50 years, our family always had deer camps with very minimal cabins or campers at a central location. Now it's almost impossible to find a lease that the average guy can afford, much less all the other costs involved. I got a chance to go on a coaching friends private property yesterday and enjoyed it so much!! Reminded me how much I miss the quiet mornings on the stand!! Lot's of "come to Jesus" talks have occurred on dear stands...at least fir me it has!! LOL!!! Didn't see anything but some very fat fox squirrels but it was great!!! Vienna Saudage and crackers never tasted so good!!!! You folks stay safe out there!! God bless!!

Talking about leases that are expensive… I would rather buy a small tract of land and hunt it myself than to pay the kind of money people pay to be on large leases. Sure it would cost more but you would own it and not have to worry about some yahoos acting stupid every weekend. 😂 I hunt on about 7 or 8 acres behind my house. Great deer during the rut but hard hard to see them with my own eyes. I’ll admit I probably put too much pressure on them but I just enjoy being in the woods walking/scouting, checking cameras and such. I could walk the woods all day long. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Talking about leases that are expensive… I would rather buy a small tract of land and hunt it myself than to pay the kind of money people pay to be on large leases. Sure it would cost more but you would own it and not have to worry about some yahoos acting stupid every weekend. 😂 I hunt on about 7 or 8 acres behind my house. Great deer during the rut but hard hard to see them with my own eyes. I’ll admit I probably put too much pressure on them but I just enjoy being in the woods walking/scouting, checking cameras and such. I could walk the woods all day long. 

I definitely agree...just being in the woods is the best part of hunting. 

1 minute ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

My dream job would be to make a living scouting/guiding. I would t last long though, folks would get tired of walking. 😂😂😂

I grew up "still" hunting...basically picking an area like a creek bottom or an area with lots of acorns or lots of deer signs traveling through it and ease through it...pausing for long periods of time to just watch!! Absolutely love doing it!!! Killed a whole lot of deer and squirrels but it takes a lot of patience and paying attention to the wind directions and where you put your foot down to not scare everything off. Done that many times too!!! LOL!!

22 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

I grew up "still" hunting...basically picking an area like a creek bottom or an area with lots of acorns or lots of deer signs traveling through it and ease through it...pausing for long periods of time to just watch!! Absolutely love doing it!!! Killed a whole lot of deer and squirrels but it takes a lot of patience and paying attention to the wind directions and where you put your foot down to not scare everything off. Done that many times too!!! LOL!!

I ain’t got enough land to do that. Plus I had all the pine cut off so now I have dried oak leaves 6” thick on the ground. I sound like a moose walking through the woods. 😂

3 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I ain’t got enough land to do that. Plus I had all the pine cut off so now I have dried oak leaves 6” thick on the ground. I sound like a moose walking through the woods. 😂

LOLOL!!!! I would definitely not do that now!!! My stealth ability has been gone for a long time!!!! Not to mention it takes a lot of land to be able to do that. We had almost unlimited access to hundred of acres of Timber Company land with the only hunters being our family! Definitely the "good old days" !!