Gen Z parents refusing to teach their kids about Santa, claim it's 'traumatizing'

Monte1076

I don’t teach my kids about Santa,  because Santa is a lie.  You can also teach them responsibly where they don’t piss in other kid’s Cheerios.  

I choose to teach about the birth of Christ and tell the real story of St. Nick and celebrate with Christmas VeggieTales and them know that Santa movies and Elf are just for entertainment 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I choose to teach about the birth of Christ and tell the real story of St. Nick and celebrate with Christmas VeggieTales and them know that Santa movies and Elf are just for entertainment 

I'm sure you've seen the "Rudolph" special that they show every year. Santa's depicted as a real jerk in that, actually. He makes fun of Rudolph and Rudolph's parents at one point, and he's a jerk to the elves. When Rudolph runs away, I don't know that he really cares all that much. Then he basically asks Rudolph to pull his sleigh, and I don't even think he apologizes.

Wanna teach your kids something else interesting, from a cultural standpoint? Tell them about Belsnickel. He's like a dirty, disheveled Santa. He either gives you candy or whacks you with a stick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belsnickel 

Edited by Monte1076

46 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I'm sure you've seen the "Rudolph" special that they show every year. Santa's depicted as a real jerk in that, actually. He makes fun of Rudolph and Rudolph's parents at one point, and he's a jerk to the elves. When Rudolph runs away, I don't know that he really cares all that much. Then he basically asks Rudolph to pull his sleigh, and I don't even think he apologizes.

Wanna teach your kids something else interesting, from a cultural standpoint? Tell them about Belsnickel. He's like a dirty, disheveled Santa. He either gives you candy or whacks you with a stick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belsnickel 

My favorite Christmas character is Grampas 🤣

15 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I teach them all about the time Santa Claus punched out a heretic during a pastor's meeting.

When they were younger I'd re-enact it Wrestlemania style: 

"BAH-GAWD, that's St. Nicholas of Myra's music! It looks like he's got Arius in an arm bar and, GAWD IN HEAVEN, he's thrown him outta the ring! Someone stahhp the dayum match!"