#1 Timpson vs #4 Refugio

ttowngrad

Semifinals  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2022 at 12:00 AM

2 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

So what is it? 6 years in a row now that a team from the same district will play Shiner or Refugio to go to the championship? 

We are due! 

Timpson gets over the hump and then goes on to win it all. 

Timpson wasn’t in SA’s district the three years that the Wolves went to semifinals. Timpson was D2 in 2017 (lost to Tenaha in regional finals). In 2018-19, Timpson was in district 11 and SA was in district 12. In fact, SA eliminated Timpson in the first round in 2018. But both runs were impressive, and Timpson’s run isn’t over. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

Doubters still doubting lol Bears roll, kitty cats need another year before they are ready to fully compete against us. 

It's not doubters doubting as much as looking at the record.  Region 4 has owned Region 3 for so long folks can't remember otherwise.  Certainly Timpson has what it takes to change it this year, but until a Region 3 team does it, most outside of the area are going to go pick the Refugio, Shiner, Mason teams because they continue to win this game.  Even in years when it has looked like Region 3 had a great team, the Region 4 team still found a way to win, sometimes easily.  I have to go with Refugio in an absolute slugfest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

It's not doubters doubting as much as looking at the record.  Region 4 has owned Region 3 for so long folks can't remember otherwise.  Certainly Timpson has what it takes to change it this year, but until a Region 3 team does it, most outside of the area are going to go pick the Refugio, Shiner, Mason teams because they continue to win this game.  Even in years when it has looked like Region 3 had a great team, the Region 4 team still found a way to win, sometimes easily.  I have to go with Refugio in an absolute slugfest.

I respect that…BUT this will probably be Timpson’s year to do it.  Refugio is a little young in my opinion to fully compete this year.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bear9T1 said:

I respect that…BUT this will probably be Timpson’s year to do it.  Refugio is a little young in my opinion to fully compete this year.  

Yes, Refugio is young, but I would say they've already shown they can fully compete this year with two wins over the defending state champion Shiner and also the win over 3A Edna who is playing in the semi-finals next week.  If that's not fully competing, I guess the only definition of fully competing is playing in the title game, which would mean only two teams fully compete each year.

I do agree, it could be Timpson's year.  We'll all get our money's worth next Thursday.

1 minute ago, Bear9T1 said:

Are they really that young?! I thought this was the same group that shiner knocked out 2 years in a row  ..  they should’ve returned a ton from last year 

1 minute ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Are they really that young?! I thought this was the same group that shiner knocked out 2 years in a row  ..  they should’ve returned a ton from last year 

Yes, Refugio is very young.  I think they only start 2 seniors.  QB is a sophmore.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Graduated a lot last year lots of sophs and jr's and freshman 

• Like 2