#1 Timpson vs #4 Refugio

ttowngrad

Semifinals  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2022 at 12:00 AM

20 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Yes, Refugio is very young.  I think they only start 2 seniors.  QB is a sophmore.

This should be a great game!  Both teams have gotten so close both years ..  Refugio getting beat by shiner in the 4th..  then shiner beating timpson in the semis …. Both teams should be very hungry!!

1 hour ago, Bear9T1 said:

I respect that…BUT this will probably be Timpson’s year to do it.  Refugio is a little young in my opinion to fully compete this year.  

Hope you're right, but we were saying that about San Augustine a few years ago. 

48 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Hope you're right, but we were saying that about San Augustine a few years ago. 

I hear ya but we aren’t San Augustine and it’s a different year different teams all the way around.  Still giving us the edge, even though we are going up against R4 “history”.    Timpson breaks the curse!! 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I won't pick Refugio till they learn to pronounce the letter "G".

Even then, I'd take this seasons Bears! Go get em Timpson.

The Spanish speaking pronounce it the way it was intended and even though I've heard it countless times, I still can't do it right, "Reh-foo-hee-o" with the G making an H sound.

Edited by Everide2016
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, wooderson said:

Wrong, Daingerfield beat Refugio in 2009. Elysian Fields beat them in 1999. Alto’s win was in 1995.

Different era for both.  Herring was still getting established there in 2009 in only his second season and didn't get his system really going in Refugio until about his 3rd or 4th year there, 2010 or 2011 for sure, when he realized he had to play his kids more than one half against the weak south Texas schools so that the starters had the stamina to contend through 4 quarters once they got deep into the playoffs. That's when he got labeled "Coach Satan," but also when he started winning championships.  Coincides with when Region 4 established dominance over Region 3.

Edited by Everide2016

7 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Would be nice brother!   Refugio is always  tough..  I think it will be a war….  Will be speed all over that field man

They will have trouble getting #4 outside.  He wants to live in that world but that’s where we shine on defense.  They will have to air it out and that’s trouble as well with Bussey and company lurking in the shadows.  Should be a good game but in the end Timpson is too much for the cats this round. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

21 hours ago, Wolfman said:

My heart is broke from SA losing in the semi’s.  We should have had them that last go round.  I really hope y’all pull it off. 

I agree.  I was at that game and SA should have been able to beat Refugio.  They had everything needed to win that game except for ????? Heck I don't know what the deal was.  SA was bigger, appeared to have overall better athletes and speed, but the Bobcats still found a way to win.  I think some of it was certainly coaching.  Herring can simply coach his rear off.  Some of it is culture, those kids have it locked in their minds that they are going to win and rarely ever get to the point in a game when they don't think they can overcome whatever the circumstance, i.e 2019 comeback on Shiner.

That's why I have to go with the Bobcats.  Very tough to bet against a long-term proven winner.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 2:47 AM, Gen7Dragon said:

So what is it? 6 years in a row now that a team from the same district will play Shiner or Refugio to go to the championship? 

We are due! 

Timpson gets over the hump and then goes on to win it all. 

Mason was mixed in there one year

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

187 miles for Timpson

171 miles for Refugio

Seems pretty neutral to me

I'm thinking it has less to do with neutrality and more to do with Region 3 being owned by Region 4 in the Houston area.  Some fans probably think it would be good to play in a different area like College Station, Waller, Prairie View, or similar?  Something to do with the psyche even though it shouldn't matter.

Edited by Everide2016

11 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

They will have trouble getting #4 outside.  He wants to live in that world but that’s where we shine on defense.  They will have to air it out and that’s trouble as well with Bussey and company lurking in the shadows.  Should be a good game but in the end Timpson is too much for the cats this round. 

They can run inside #27 is a bruiser and can take it to the house.

• Like 1