#1 Timpson vs #4 Refugio

ttowngrad

Semifinals  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2022 at 12:00 AM

15 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

They will have trouble getting #4 outside.  He wants to live in that world but that’s where we shine on defense.  They will have to air it out and that’s trouble as well with Bussey and company lurking in the shadows.  Should be a good game but in the end Timpson is too much for the cats this round. 

Like I didn’t want to say anything to be too cocky for the Timpson people……but if they throw that ball up like they did to win the game vs Shiner it’s getting picked. Timpson are straight up ball hawks 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Foozball said:

Like I didn’t want to say anything to be too cocky for the Timpson people……but if they throw that ball up like they did to win the game vs Shiner it’s getting picked. Timpson are straight up ball hawks 

I think you’re right 👍

28 minutes ago, Foozball said:

I think this will be a first for Timpson to not have the fastest man on the field 

Ernest Campbell from Refugio runs a 10.32 100 and is the two-time defending state champion in the 100 and anchors Refugio's state champion 4x1 and 4x2 relay...he will w/o a doubt be the fastest player on the field...didnt say he was the best football player but he'll be the fastest

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Ernest Campbell from Refugio runs a 10.32 100 and is the two-time defending state champion in the 100 and anchors Refugio's state champion 4x1 and 4x2 relay...he will w/o a doubt be the fastest player on the field...didnt say he was the best football player but he'll be the fastest

That’s absolutely FLYING. Anything sub 11 is very solid but low 10s…. FLYING

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Foozball said:

Refugio receivers will have something to say about that.  They will go up and get the ball as much as Timpson DBs.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Timpson's relay team is only slightly slower  ...  fractions of a second .... track speed doesn't always equate to football speed or football instinct and this isn't a stay in your lane track meet ... I have seen streaming recordings of a couple of Refugio's games and I haven't seen anybody on their team that has the combination of speed, football instinct and elusiveness of Terry Bussey ..... not even close ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 2

Just now, KirtFalcon said:

Timpson's relay team is only slightly slower  ...  fractions of a second .... track speed doesn't always equate to football speed or football instinct and this isn't a stay in your lane track meet ... I have seen streaming recordings of a couple of Refugio's games and I haven't seen anybody on their on team that has the combination of speed, football instinct and elusiveness of Terry Bussey ..... not even close ....

Bussey, Bussey, Bussey....

• LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Timpson's relay team is only slightly slower  ...  fractions of a second .... track speed doesn't always equate to football speed or football instinct and this isn't a stay in your lane track meet ... I have seen streaming recordings of a couple of Refugio's games and I haven't seen anybody on their team that has the combination of speed, football instinct and elusiveness of Terry Bussey ..... not even close ....

Terry Bussey is the best football player in this game w/o question.....he's special....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Bussey, Bussey, Bussey....

You get used to hearing it. With him they're probably gonna win state. Without him they MIGHT win a playoff game. But they have him so hypotheticals don't matter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambo said:

You get used to hearing it. With him they're probably gonna win state. Without him they MIGHT win a playoff game. But they have him so hypotheticals don't matter.

I know. It was a Brady Bunch thing for anyone old enough to know... if you know you know.  I'm looking forward to seeing him in person for the first time.  I know he is a once in a generation player at the 2A level.

3 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Refugio's going to have one or two kids faster than anyone on Timpson's side, but top to bottom Timpson's team speed is superior

Refugio is always the slower team vs "east Texas speed" but it doesn't matter who is faster the better team will win.  It's an honor to play the great Timpson Bears.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAhomer said:

Refugio is always the slower team vs "east Texas speed" but it doesn't matter who is faster the better team will win.  It's an honor to play the great Timpson Bears.

Truth on this.  This has been the case several times, but Refugio has overcome the "east Texas speed" with coaching and overall better teamwork.  I think this was the case with SA and Waskom.

Edited by Everide2016

I'm going with Timpson. Bussey is a great player indeed. Made My Tigers look slow. But he has a team with him. They block very well opening those huge holes for him to run through, and he is tough to tackle. No one man can do it himself.  They are a great team.   The Bears take this one. 42-20

• Like 2