#1 Timpson vs #4 Refugio

ttowngrad

Semifinals  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2022 at 12:00 AM

Well after reading all of these comments and looking at the voting I am wondering if Refugio should even show up. I mean the region 4 champion has only won the last 9 meetings against region 3, only won 5 out of the last 6 state titles. Plus an up and coming program like Refugio just doesn’t stand a chance against someone so established as Timpson. It was a miracle they knew how to beat the defending state champs with a D1 athlete on the team. I just hope they don’t embarrass themselves.

• Like 1
  • Grumpy 1
  • Crybaby 1

17 minutes ago, wooderson said:

Well after reading all of these comments and looking at the voting I am wondering if Refugio should even show up. I mean the region 4 champion has only won the last 9 meetings against region 3, only won 5 out of the last 6 state titles. Plus an up and coming program like Refugio just doesn’t stand a chance against someone so established as Timpson. It was a miracle they knew how to beat the defending state champs with a D1 athlete on the team. I just hope they don’t embarrass themselves.

We are not playing the “history” of Refugio or region 4.  We are playing your present day Refugio team and they aren’t completely ready for what’s about to ensue. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

We are not playing the “history” of Refugio or region 4.  We are playing your present day Refugio team and they aren’t completely ready for what’s about to ensue. 

Just like the last 9 region 3 winners said. Timpson could very much win but the fact that Region 3 is on such a high horse given the history and opponent cracks me up. Refugio has made the quarters or farther for the last 16 years, they know exactly what they are about to encounter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wooderson said:

Just like the last 9 region 3 winners said. Timpson could very much win but the fact that Region 3 is on such a high horse given the history and opponent cracks me up. Refugio has made the quarters or farther for the last 16 years, they know exactly what they are about to encounter.

Doesn’t sound like it from their comments else where…seeing is believing though 😂

I will say this ….  Refugio doesn’t hope to make long runs every year ,  they expect it!   They have a ton of playoff experience…. Especially coach H from Refugio! 
i know a ton are expecting timpson to win this game easily… but I just don’t see that being the case…

whoever comes out of this game on top , will limp into the state game with some bruises!

32 minutes ago, wooderson said:

Yep, and Timpson has been challenged. Went down to the wire with Joaquin and Garrison. Until someone from Region 3 wins the SF, Region 4 is the favorite. 

• Grumpy 1

4 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I will say this ….  Refugio doesn’t hope to make long runs every year ,  they expect it!   They have a ton of playoff experience…. Especially coach H from Refugio! 
i know a ton are expecting timpson to win this game easily… but I just don’t see that being the case…

whoever comes out of this game on top , will limp into the state game with some bruises!

Well we see who you are aligning with. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wooderson said:

Well said Coach Herring knows what he is about to encounter with Timpson, he will have them prepared as much as he possibly can.

29 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Yep, and Timpson has been challenged. Went down to the wire with Joaquin and Garrison. Until someone from Region 3 wins the SF, Region 4 is the favorite. 

Don't forget they also beat a very good 3A Daingerfield team earlier in the season. 

7 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

If I’d have said timpson is gonna blow Refugio out ,  we wouldn’t be having this conversation.. lol 

I said it’s gonna be a battle!  And that’s not discrediting timpson..  that’s just stating facts brother 

It will be a battle for sure but you’re leaning heavily towards the cats lol 

1 minute ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Now why in the world would I be pulling for region 4 brother?! Lol

i was just trying to give a lil history on the cats 😂

I'm with CC09 here...... while I am 💯 pulling for Timpson you can't bet against the region that has been superior to ours year after year!!  I sure hope Timpson puts us in the position to where next year we are the region to beat.....  but until then......  you can't beat a guy up for giving his opinion......  isn't that what message boards are for????

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SAPACK1 said:

I'm with CC09 here...... while I am 💯 pulling for Timpson you can't bet against the region that has been superior to ours year after year!!  I sure hope Timpson puts us in the position to where next year we are the region to beat.....  but until then......  you can't beat a guy up for giving his opinion......  isn't that what message boards are for????

Dang right, this is America.  To each their own ✔️.