#1 Timpson vs #4 Refugio

ttowngrad

Semifinals  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2022 at 12:00 AM

7 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

They still beat y’all the next 5-6 years lol 

Just be thankful Terry was born and raised in Timpson. He very easily could have grew up in any town in Shelby County. I don't ever look for Timpson to be a walk in the park for anyone as long as therwanger is there. But you'll see a huge drop off in success when Terry goes and wins his Heisman in a few years.

• Roll Eyes 1

39 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Sounds Barry Sanders like.  I've seen him on a lot of live streams, but sure it's not the same.

Kind of although Barry took wider stance when he twisted and changed direction,Bussey just shifts directions...you'll see what I'm talking about when they play this week..I just enjoy seeing athletes do their thing their way 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, wooderson said:

Well after reading all of these comments and looking at the voting I am wondering if Refugio should even show up. I mean the region 4 champion has only won the last 9 meetings against region 3, only won 5 out of the last 6 state titles. Plus an up and coming program like Refugio just doesn’t stand a chance against someone so established as Timpson. It was a miracle they knew how to beat the defending state champs with a D1 athlete on the team. I just hope they don’t embarrass themselves.

They aren't playing the trophy case. They are lining up 11 v 11 on the field. 
Them kids from Timpson don't give a dang what you've done in the past. They believe this is their year. Your trophy case ain't gonna stop that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DAhomer said:

He wouldn't even be the best quarterback.

Prolly wouldn't be the best qb, but he's really what you would classify as an athlete and plays in both sides of the ball. 
I doubt anyone is calling you the best anything, especially high school football scout.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Lambo said:

Yeah... The number 2 athlete in the nation would be "just another guy".

Where are these rankings?  I've done a little looking, but that's not an area I'm familiar with.  Looked on something called 247 and see him, but it has him somewhere in the 80s?

12 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

They aren't playing the trophy case. They are lining up 11 v 11 on the field. 
Them kids from Timpson don't give a dang what you've done in the past. They believe this is their year. Your trophy case ain't gonna stop that.

It's not what's in the trophy case, it's the culture of winning and what that instills in the kids of programs that have been there time after time.  Winning and expecting to win is all they know in their community/school/football program.  It's impossible to measure that.  Refugio kids grow up expecting to win all of the big games.  Timpson may get there.  It's not a put-down to Timpson, but their kids don't know what that's like.  They know getting there and losing, but haven't tasted the winning part yet.  It's not embedded in their culture like it is for Refugio.  Timpson is a top tier program these last few year, but they have to win this week for most of those outside of their area to give the nod and say, "they have arrived."

Perhaps this year is the year they turn that page, but we won't know until Thursday.

Edited by Everide2016
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, oldman2580 said:

see people running wide open. More scheme. dont see him doing anything i havent seen lots of guys over years do. He is good but no better than bussey

I have seen Bussy throwing to wide open guys as well my point is Bussey is a great 2A player not the best player/athlete in the state at all classifications that is delusional.  Bussey is dominating in 2A and he should with his talent.  But all these outrageous claims need to stop.  

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, DAhomer said:

I have seen Bussy throwing to wide open guys as well my point is Bussey is a great 2A player not the best player/athlete in the state at all classifications that is delusional.  Bussey is dominating in 2A and he should with his talent.  But all these outrageous claims need to stop.  

Y’all (Region 4) can’t stand that everyone’s not bowing down to you this year.  Sure, I know the history but geez how y’all gonna act if you get dethroned…I hope there’s lots of good therapists in the area 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

Shiner is not as good as in years past. Lost 2 dominant players on the D Line in the older Brooks brother and their TE. Graduated a handful of starters both ways. But Refugio has speed for days and championship caliber coaching. Whoever wins should be favored to win in Jerry world.

11 minutes ago, Bears8T9 said:

Serious question for the folks that have seen and might know…. Haven’t seen much on Shiner this season other than highlights…. Was this year’s Shiner team better than last year’s Shiner team…. Serious question.. jw?

No. I would say not. Losing the other Brooks hurt them.  Last year before the 14th game they averaged 48 PPG and only gave up 7.3 PPG. This year before this loss they averaged about 44 PPG but were giving up about 13PPG. But Refugio was improved. 

30 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Y’all (Region 4) can’t stand that everyone’s not bowing down to you this year.  Sure, I know the history but geez how y’all gonna act if you get dethroned…I hope there’s lots of good therapists in the area 😂😂😂😂

Nothing to due with bowing down I actually said I think Timpson will win Refugio is young and will be smaller on the lines, but continue to try and push that narrative

30 minutes ago, Bears8T9 said:

Serious question for the folks that have seen and might know…. Haven’t seen much on Shiner this season other than highlights…. Was this year’s Shiner team better than last year’s Shiner team…. Serious question.. jw?

No they are not as good as they were last season they only had Brooks and they ran him into the ground.