#1 Timpson vs #4 Refugio

ttowngrad

Semifinals  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2022 at 12:00 AM

58 minutes ago, DAhomer said:

Nothing to due with bowing down I actually said I think Timpson will win Refugio is young and will be smaller on the lines, but continue to try and push that narrative

Not pushing, that’s region 4’s gig.  

• Like 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

20 hours ago, wooderson said:

Just like the last 9 region 3 winners said. Timpson could very much win but the fact that Region 3 is on such a high horse given the history and opponent cracks me up. Refugio has made the quarters or farther for the last 16 years, they know exactly what they are about to encounter.

How do figure all of region 3 is on a high horse? How many of those young men on the Bobcats team have played in a state semifinals game before? Your comment in itself stinks of some kind of arrogance. If you think for one second Timpson doesn’t know what it’s up against, you’re kidding yourself.  I’ve been familiar with Refugio for around forty years now and have much respect. Also, last I checked, these forums are kind of a place to come and bragg on your team. Try not to confuse confidence with arrogance. I’ve gone onto some other chats where Refugio fans are guaranteeing at least a three score win. What’s your thoughts on that?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

How do figure all of region 3 is on a high horse? How many of those young men on the Bobcats team have played in a state semifinals game before? Your comment in itself stinks of some kind of arrogance. If you think for one second Timpson doesn’t know what it’s up against, you’re kidding yourself.  I’ve been familiar with Refugio for around forty years now and have much respect. Also, last I checked, these forums are kind of a place to come and bragg on your team. Try not to confuse confidence with arrogance. I’ve gone onto some other chats where Refugio fans are guaranteeing at least a three score win. What’s your thoughts on that?

3 scores lol

they must not seen Timpson 

3 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

Not pushing, that’s region 4’s gig.  

No, R3 has done at least an equal share this year and in year's past.  If you think otherwise you haven't been paying attention.  Every year both do their fair share of chest pounding, the main difference is R4 has backed it up while R3 disappears quietly with exception of a handful who come back to give R4 its proper due.

• Roll Eyes 1

17 hours ago, Lambo said:

Yeah... The number 2 athlete in the nation would be "just another guy".

Who is saying he's the number 2 athlete in the nation.  I call BS on that no matter who it is.   Zero slight to the young man.  I know he's great, but not number 2.

11 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

Timpson gonna have to prove what us homers already know. I keep reading about all the weapons Refugio has, and I agree, but very little is said of Timpson with the exception of Terry and Vosky. 

Very few could even name a kid, aka weapon, on Refugio, but everyone knows Bussey and a lot know of Howard.  Refugio is a team effort with no significant standouts.  That's why I think they'll win, Timpson coaching staff won't be able to key in on a specific few players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

Very few could even name a kid, aka weapon, on Refugio, but everyone knows Bussey and a lot know of Howard.  Refugio is a team effort with no significant standouts.  That's why I think they'll win, Timpson coaching staff won't be able to key in on a specific few players.

Fair enough. I know you’ve kept pretty good track of the bears this season. So based on what you’ve seen, how should Timpson try to deal with Refugio’s offense? Second, how would you attack the Bobcats defense. Just for the record, I have mucho respect for Herring and Refugios program.

3 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Ernest Campbell.   He is crazy fast .   I don't think hes the overall "athlete" of Bussey or Howard but he is definitely faster.

2 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

Fair enough. I know you’ve kept pretty good track of the bears this season. So based on what you’ve seen, how should Timpson try to deal with Refugio’s offense? Second, how would you attack the Bobcats defense. Just for the record, I have mucho respect for Herring and Refugios program.

Waiting to hear the reply!!

The best way to attack Refugio’s defense is on the edges. The are not big at the end spots and their corners are not real physical. If you look at highlights that is how Shiner scored.Since they are not big they stunt a lot to creat havoc with their speed. They play a base 3-4 type defense. Secondary is solid against the pass on passing downs but has been susceptible to play action.

Offensively I think you need to get them in obvious down and distance situations. Their sophomore QB is pretty solid but if you get pressure you have a chance to get a pick. They actually run two base offenses. The power to offset I and the Spread. Very tough to defend when they get it going. For instance they ran for over 400 earlier this year against Shiner but threw it 20 times against Holland and finished with almost 400 yards passing. Best way to play is like Shiner which is to play keep away. Refugio only ran 10 plays in the first half.  Where they can torch you is on play action or on first and second down with their wideouts when you play man on man on the outside because the safeties are normally playing close due to the run threat. Their Rbs vary from a scat back like Deuce Vaughn at K State and their 200 lb soph back that is the bruiser. The other 3 they run are solid and in between from 170-190. 

Hope this helps.

Edited by wooderson
  • Like 5