#1 Timpson vs #4 Refugio

ttowngrad

Semifinals  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2022 at 12:00 AM

2 minutes ago, Cowboynation said:

So just say if Timpson loses the year in state semifinals and next year do you start look at the coaching staff as if maybe that can’t get it done just asking a question 

No, that's ridiculous and where a lot of schools go wrong.  Got to stick with coaches over the long term unless there is substantial reason to fire, even with teams less successful than Timpson.  "Looking" at the coaching staff that's taking you to a level you've never been before, no way. 

The greater issue for Timpson, even if they were to lose, holding on to coaching staff that has been to semi-final for 3-4 straight years because opportunities will come their way.

• Like 3

Interesting factoid from Refugio Sports Network Facebook page.....

Timpson and Refugio have never played before but are connected.  Timpson Head Coach Kerry Therwhanger was the head coach at Lovelady in 2015, when Refugio defeated them in the Semifinal round, 46-28.

• Wow 1

7 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Interesting factoid from Refugio Sports Network Facebook page.....

Timpson and Refugio have never played before but are connected.  Timpson Head Coach Kerry Therwhanger was the head coach at Lovelady in 2015, when Refugio defeated them in the Semifinal round, 46-28.

Then they got boat raced by Canadian 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

8 hours ago, Crawford said:

That's a good one, but for me I like the AC/DC Thunderstruck song.

I love the AC/DC version of Thunderstruck but have to give props the the Steven N' Seagulls version too. It's a musical masterpiece!

1 hour ago, Doomer said:

I love the AC/DC version of Thunderstruck but have to give props the the Steven N' Seagulls version too. It's a musical masterpiece!

I forgot about that version of Thunderstruck.. Yeah, that's a good one too.

9 hours ago, Cowboynation said:

So just say if Timpson loses the year in state semifinals and next year do you start look at the coaching staff as if maybe that can’t get it done just asking a question 

I don’t see that happening. The first thing to do is look at how far you’ve come. Prior to Coach T’s arrival, Timpson had one quarterfinal appearance in school history. They’ve been to four quarterfinals and three semifinals  in the six years he’s been there. Secondly, if (and I know this isn’t happening so I feel free to hypothesize) if they were to decide to make a change, who do you go after? What coach in his right mind wants to take a job where 42-3 over 3 years isn’t good enough? Good coaching is a large part of why they are where they are. 

• Like 2

Coach T coached in 3-4 regional finals and 2 semi-finals before he got to Timpson. He went to a regional final at Timpson before Bussey got to high school. The first regional final and semifinal with Bussey, he was a wr. So Bussey has been nice but hasn’t made Coach T. 

This isn’t a slam on Bussey he a great player and even better person. He is going to be successful even without football. 

Edited by ChiefRedCloud
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Doomer said:

Dang Doomer ... I thought you wuz a Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs guy 👦  ...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

Any good Mexican buffet in the Cypress area, if there is such a thing.  Nothing like this where I live, so thought maybe in Cypress?  Something like the old Pancho's, the place you always want to go, but after you wonder why.

Depends on where you are coming from if you a coming down 45 there is a Ponchos in the woodlands

There is a Mexican restaurant Los Cucos I frequent alot doesn't have a buffet but its 8 miles from the berry center off of 290.  Great food awesome Margaritas and they have happy hour from 3-6pm. Happy hour Menu is really good also.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Berry+Center+of+Northwest+Houston,+Barker+Cypress+Road,+Cypress,+TX/Los+Cucos+Mexican+Cafe,+17386+Northwest+Fwy,+Jersey+Village,+TX+77040/@29.9017864,-95.676686,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x8640d6f8a07f1285:0x26140b95a44dbde5!2m2!1d-95.6887492!2d29.9055797!1m5!1m1!1s0x8640d03869ec7c7b:0xaf9377014e741273!2m2!1d-95.581491!2d29.889083

10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Dang Doomer ... I thought you wuz a Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs guy 👦  ...

I am they rock the free world. Maybe why I like the Steven n' Seagulls version cause Thunderstruck goes kinda bluegrassish with the Swedes and Finns! Truup