#1 Timpson vs #4 Refugio

ttowngrad

Semifinals  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2022 at 12:00 AM

People trashing the bears line? Good grief! That young bear line held pretty good. As for that last long pass play for Refugio should have been called offensive pass interference. I even watched the replay. Our defensive backs got tackled most of the night also. With all that said, we lost this game on the sidelines. I know it will piss some folks off, but Herring won the sideline battle. The best team lost tonight.

• Love 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

People trashing the bears line? Good grief! That young bear line held pretty good. As for that last long pass play for Refugio should have been called offensive pass interference. I even watched the replay. Our defensive backs got tackled most of the night also. With all that said, we lost this game on the sidelines. I know it will piss some folks off, but Herring won the sideline battle. The best team lost tonight.

The best player lost the game tonight. The best team won the game. 

• Like 1

When the Bears got tested by Joaquin people were saying it was a coaching issue. Is the only way Timpson can lose because their coaches weren’t good enough? I’m sure that you should at least consider what others have said about your team

Edited by WolfNation

10 minutes ago, Cowboynation said:

Gotta fire the coaching staff and start over you got to much talent not win 3yrs in row cmon people 

This may very well be the dumbest post ever on SDC. And that includes 17 years of Gilmer/ Daingerfield threads, Kirt arguing with literally everyone, and Doomer. Take a lap. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

This may very well be the dumbest post ever on SDC. And that includes 17 years of Gilmer/ Daingerfield threads, Kirt arguing with literally everyone, and Doomer. Take a lap. 

Trolls and morons are out in full force at the moment. 

34 minutes ago, WolfNation said:

When the Bears got tested by Joaquin people were saying it was a coaching issue. Is the only way Timpson can lose because their coaches weren’t good enough?

I didn't watch this game. Not a single down. But I'm gonna go ahead and guess Refugio had no trouble running the ball up the gut and got as much pressure on Bussey as they wanted. If that's what happened then you know what happened. Without therwanger this would be like every other Timpson team EVER. Great athletes with no discipline.

Just now, Lambo said:

I didn't watch this game. Not a single down. But I'm gonna go ahead and guess Refugio had no trouble running the ball up the gut and got as much pressure on Bussey as they wanted. If that's what happened then you know what happened. Without therwanger this would be like every other Timpson team EVER. Great athletes with no discipline.

I also haven’t watch any of this game, but have seen enough Timpson to continue to say the same things I’ve been saying for the longest. That team is so talented that it can blind some people to the small issues that make you come up short in these kinds of games against these powerhouses from R4 who have thrashed every team R3 has thrown at them. This is the 6th year in a row (from my experience) seeing this happen. Timpson should be praising that coach, not calling him into question.

I believe Timpson is the better team but those boys in the top R4 teams are simply different.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lambo said:

Your post contradicts itself. 

12 minutes ago, Lambo said:

Yeah, you might want to watch the game when you get the chance. 

1 minute ago, WolfNation said:

I also haven’t watch any of this game, but have seen enough Timpson to continue to say the same things I’ve been saying for the longest. That team is so talented that it can blind some people to the small issues that make you come up short in these kinds of games against these powerhouses from R4 who have thrashed every team R3 has thrown at them. This is the 6th year in a row (from my experience) seeing this happen. Timpson should be praising that coach, not calling him into question.

I believe Timpson is the better team but those boys in the top R4 teams are simply different.

Whose job is it to develop talent? Im not coach bashing, but Timpson was out coached tonight. No different than the 2021 semifinals game. I’ve already read a few other comments pointing out the little flaws with Timpson. Like it or not, but criticism comes with the job.

I watched game on NFHS, and here is my 2 cents, for what it is worth. Refugio changed offense at the beginning of the year to be more physical/powerful run game. They lost a game, and the locals were getting restless. Flash forward to tonight, and that Diamond power run paid dividends. Think what you want of Herring, but he is not stupid. He knew going into this year he would NOT be able to out athlete Timpson, and he adjusted. 

Timpson had more athletes, Refugio was the better TEAM (coaches, players,scheme). They ran the ball down Timpsons throat, and wore them down. 

IF Timpson wants the ship next year, they will have to be more physical.

3 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Whose job is it to develop talent? Im not coach bashing, but Timpson was out coached tonight. No different than the 2021 semifinals game. I’ve already read a few other comments pointing out the little flaws with Timpson. Like it or not, but criticism comes with the job.

Oh I'm sure he may have got out coached. But if he did it was by the best coach in the history of the classification. You guys have one more chance to get it done. Let him work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JMS1971 said:

Also from what I'm seeing. Timpson got absolutely shafted by a ton of missed holding calls 

4 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

I watched game on NFHS, and here is my 2 cents, for what it is worth. Refugio changed offense at the beginning of the year to be more physical/powerful run game. They lost a game, and the locals were getting restless. Flash forward to tonight, and that Diamond power run paid dividends. Think what you want of Herring, but he is not stupid. He knew going into this year he would NOT be able to out athlete Timpson, and he adjusted. 

Timpson had more athletes, Refugio was the better TEAM (coaches, players,scheme). They ran the ball down Timpsons throat, and wore them down. 

IF Timpson wants the ship next year, they will have to be more physical.

Ain't no IF about it. That young man wearing 10 not only wants it, he needs it.