#1 Timpson vs #4 Refugio

ttowngrad

Semifinals  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2022 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, WolfNation said:

Timpson has one more shot next year. Trust the coach who has found you so much success and let Bussey carry you as far as his legs (and arm) can take him.

Do you even proof read your post? Your last two are total contractions.🙆🏻‍♂️

38 minutes ago, Lambo said:

I didn't watch this game. Not a single down. But I'm gonna go ahead and guess Refugio had no trouble running the ball up the gut and got as much pressure on Bussey as they wanted. If that's what happened then you know what happened. Without therwanger this would be like every other Timpson team EVER. Great athletes with no discipline.

You are right. It’s obvious you didn’t watch the game. 

2 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

You are right. It’s obvious you didn’t watch the game. 

I literally said I didn't. I know how Joaquin and Garrison gave Timpson problems and I don't see anyone else giving them problems unless they follow that blue print... Refugio did a little.more than give them a problem. Also no calls didn't help.

1 minute ago, Lambo said:

I literally said I didn't. I know how Joaquin and Garrison gave Timpson problems and I don't see anyone else giving them problems unless they follow that blue print... Refugio did a little.more than give them a problem. Also no calls didn't help.

The middle wasn’t the problem. Timpson made adjustments on defense after the Garrison game and it showed. Centerville and Cooper didn’t have much success between the tackles. I will agree on the no calls, but that isn’t what lost this game

5 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Do you even proof read your post? Your last two are total contractions.🙆🏻‍♂️

My last post I said R4 has been destroying our region for 6 years. Despite that I’ve been rooting for us every year. Every time I’ve posted on a timpson thread I’ve said I want them to win. That doesn’t change the fact I always expect R4 to win. Like they said when SA had our final year, until they get knocked off the top that’s where they will stay. R4 hasn’t been knocked off no matter what our region sends at them.

A coach isn’t bad because they make it to the most competitive game in 2A year after year and come short to a team just as good or better. I felt like you were saying such and once you clarified you weren’t bashing him I didn’t reply. Believe it or not you can have high end talent which is boosted by the strength of your coach and they come together in harmony and don’t work against each other.

If there’s more contradictions let me know.

1 hour ago, Cowboynation said:

Gotta fire the coaching staff and start over you got to much talent not win 3yrs in row cmon people 

Whewwwww boy. Ya know. I get on here and say stupid stuff for fun sometimes but this one probably (maybe not) beat anything stupid I ever posted... And I was just saying stuff to ruffle feathers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cowboynation said:

Gotta fire the coaching staff and start over you got to much talent not win 3yrs in row cmon people 

TIMPSON FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT DO THIS. 

Timpson did this back in the early 2000s and it took them over a decade to recover 

Keep your coaches they are very very good. If they happen to make a mistake so be it, they are human. Timpson program is so good now. Keep them coaches trust me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JMS1971 said:

Whose job is it to develop talent? Im not coach bashing, but Timpson was out coached tonight. No different than the 2021 semifinals game. I’ve already read a few other comments pointing out the little flaws with Timpson. Like it or not, but criticism comes with the job.

Timpson should be embracing their coaching staff. Them people at timpson turn on their coaches faster than any town in texas i swear. What was that coaches name that coaches Patrick earl back when garrison won state? He didn’t win the big one and they were in such a hurry to turn on him and what did it get timpson? So many awful seasons afterwards. Y’all are playing with fire taking digs at the best coaching staff Timpson has ever had. Just my 2 cents 

• Like 2

Got to eat my crow…. I picked the Bears by 20…… congratulations to the Bobcats good luck next week…….. but here’s my opinion for what it’s worth….. two great teams…. Two great coaching staffs…. 2 sidelines full of athletes….. one team no mistakes….. one team continually putting themselves behind the chains and couldn’t overcome….. not out coached not out played…. Just shot themselves in the foot continuously for 3 and a half quarters….. got to grow from this experience and gain discipline and jump that R4 hurdle next year!!!!! I’m all in for Da Bears!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bears8T9 said:

Got to eat my crow…. I picked the Bears by 20…… congratulations to the Bobcats good luck next week…….. but here’s my opinion for what it’s worth….. two great teams…. Two great coaching staffs…. 2 sidelines full of athletes….. one team no mistakes….. one team continually putting themselves behind the chains and couldn’t overcome….. not out coached not out played…. Just shot themselves in the foot continuously for 3 and a half quarters….. got to grow from this experience and gain discipline and jump that R4 hurdle next year!!!!! I’m all in for Da Bears!!!

Best post game comment in the entire thread.......  this was my take also!  

Hmmm,what I saw that killed the bears was when it was fourth and three and Bussey goes right and slips down,he had the first down easy and that would have killed off clock and rugo probably wouldn't have gotten the ball back with enough time to drive down and score....Terry seemed to know this because he laid there a few more seconds than normal...his body language spoke volumes,I think he knew that was a killer for them...jmho 

What happened throughout the earlier quarters was just good teams going at it,but that singular moment spoke volumes to me,was a catalyst of the outcome..congrats refugio,go get that ship ✌️

8 hours ago, Lambo said:

Oh I'm sure he may have got out coached. But if he did it was by the best coach in the history of the classification. You guys have one more chance to get it done. Let him work.

I think Timpson was physical enough to win this game, but the game certainly shifted momentum when Busby slipped on that 4th down play, if he gets that first down, I believe Timpson uses up the clock and scores the winning TD, just my opinion. 

• Like 2