#1 Timpson vs #4 Refugio

ttowngrad

Semifinals  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2022 at 12:00 AM

5 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Hmmm,what I saw that killed the bears was when it was fourth and three and Bussey goes right and slips down,he had the first down easy and that would have killed off clock and rugo probably wouldn't have gotten the ball back with enough time to drive down and score....Terry seemed to know this because he laid there a few more seconds than normal...his body language spoke volumes,I think he knew that was a killer for them...jmho 

What happened throughout the earlier quarters was just good teams going at it,but that singular moment spoke volumes to me,was a catalyst of the outcome..congrats refugio,go get that ship ✌️

If Bussey doesn't slip and Timpson makes that first down, they would have chewed a couple or three more minutes off the clock and probably scores again. Refugio wouldn't have had time to score and this thread would be nothing but praise for Timpson and their coaches ... none of this takes away from Timpsons accomplishments and great season .... only two teams get past the semis ....Timpson should be proud of what they have accomplished the past three years .... it's a heck of a lot better than 98% of the 2A DI schools that are sitting in the stands watching ....

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Wrong.  The best 2A player went home, but the best team won.  That's why it's always better to have the best team.  

I’m entitled to my opinion and I believe you are wrong with respect to your team….. Timpson had the better team…. Bobcats were more disciplined 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Timpson is a really good team and should be back in the Semifinal next year. But "without a doubt", Refugio is better. Region 4 is better. It has been proven over and over again on the filed with no room for debate. Unfortunately for Timpson, it sounds like we can expect Refugio to be better next year which will result in the same result as we have got for the last decade or so. 

It is quite shocking that folks keep coming back and making outrageous statements about teams they never beat. You would think they would keep quiet till they get it done on the field but they just keep popping off and then call you "troll" if you point out their foolish statements.  

Refugio is the definition of winning tradition in 2a football, I believe Mart is the only other small school program in the state that has more wins.. Who is also about to win another state title in a week.. Timpson has been great, but when you look at the big picture they are still relatively newcomers to the party, and Bussey is who brought them there. Tradition is an intangible feat that can and will thrust teams to the pinnacle when needed. We will all see in due time though how the Bears look moving forward when these freak athletes are gone, but that is neither here nor there right now both teams just played a heck of a game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

Refugio is the definition of winning tradition in 2a football, I believe Mart is the only other small school program in the state that has more wins.. Who is also about to win another state title in a week.. Timpson has been great, but when you look at the big picture they are still relatively newcomers to the party, and Bussey is who brought them there. Tradition is an intangible feat that can and will thrust teams to the pinnacle when needed. We will all see in due time though how the Bears look moving forward when these freak athletes are gone, but that is neither here nor there right now both teams just played a heck of a game. 

I think aledo is right up there with them ..  got 10 state titles and believe they are still in this year …

i know aledo isn’t a small school..  but 10 titles is impressive non the less..

Edited by corrigancamden09

3 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

You do realize he was coaching against the best coach in 2a, possibly the state as a whole, so yes, they were outcoached last night.  Herring is on pace to be the winningest coach in Texas HS history if he chooses to keep going.  Timpson's coach has taken them where they've never been before.  Try to take a deep breath and enjoy the success Timpson is having and realize losing to a Herring coached team isn't unique to Therwanger.  The best thing Timpson could do is work to ensure Therwanger doesn't take a job offer to a bigger and more lucrative school, because they will come calling with the success he has had these last 3 years.

I’m not coach bashing at all….. heck I’ve coached at the high school level myself…. But to say that Herring is so much better than T is a joke….seems to me he and his coaching staff rely heavily upon the play making ability of his D1’s also….. kids sometimes make plays both sides of the ball no matter what play is called from the Box or sideline…. Js 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

You do realize he was coaching against the best coach in 2a, possibly the state as a whole, so yes, they were outcoached last night.  Herring is on pace to be the winningest coach in Texas HS history if he chooses to keep going.  Timpson's coach has taken them where they've never been before.  Try to take a deep breath and enjoy the success Timpson is having and realize losing to a Herring coached team isn't unique to Therwanger.  The best thing Timpson could do is work to ensure Therwanger doesn't take a job offer to a bigger and more lucrative school, because they will come calling with the success he has had these last 3 years.

I hear ya. I’ve been familiar with Herring for a long time. I have a question for you. As I’m starting to learn there is a lot of coaches that come on this app who get pretty butt hurt when someone questions coaches decisions. What point would YOU question a coach?  I don’t come on here to bash coaches, but when I see BS, I’ll call it out.

18 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I think aledo is right up there with them ..  got 10 state titles and believe they are still in this year …

Definitely man, but yea I was referring to 1a-3a titles, I believe all Refugio's titles are 2a, I know Mart won a bunch being 1a  which of course was 2a before 2014 and also several being classified as 2a. Teams like that who are there year in and out and always have been, will always have the edge on somebody, even someone with superior athletes.

4 hours ago, footballfan232 said:

Have you ever considered volunteering your football expertise to these coaches you always have so much to say about, or do you just prefer to talk trash on the internet?

I figure being Im a taxpayer and all that I am entitled to voice my concerns.  if what I say butt hurts you, scroll on by.

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

Definitely man, but yea I was referring to 1a-3a titles, I believe all Refugio's titles are 2a, I know Mart won a bunch being 1a  which of course was 2a before 2014 and also several being classified as 2a. Teams like that who are there year in and out and always have been, will always have the edge on somebody, even someone with superior athletes.

Yes sir!  I believe newton and daingerfield hold the most state titles in 3A!  It’s no secret brother why the same schools are there every year …

it’s in the culture and the (TOUGH) program they are running 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

It's crazy to think about really how down they have been in recent years, but Groveton is right up there with Mart, and Refugio being one of the winningest small school programs. They don't have as many titles, but as far as all time wins they are right there with them. Matter of fact I believe Groveton is in the top 25 winningest programs in state history all school sizes.. crazy to think about that, how they have fared in recent years..

39 minutes ago, Bears8T9 said:

I’m entitled to my opinion and I believe you are wrong with respect to your team….. Timpson had the better team…. Bobcats were more disciplined 

LOL. Perfect example. "Timpson has never/can never beat Refugio, but Timpson is the better team". Brilliant. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I figure being Im a taxpayer and all that I am entitled to voice my concerns.  if what I say butt hurts you, scroll on by.

Okay then by your standards every Tom, Dick, and Harry with not a single idea about football should be able to voice their “concerns”, which is evident by the things being said in this thread. There are other things you should spend your time voicing your concerns about because a team who is able to make it to the semi-finals 3 years in a row is a talented team with coaches who know what they’re doing. If all you’re going to do is run your mouth, and not be productive, then don’t waste your time. I am very curious to know what there is to be concerned about. Are these boys being mistreated? Are the coaches throwing games intentionally? Are they not practicing them hard enough?

18 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

LOL. Perfect example. "Timpson has never/can never beat Refugio, but Timpson is the better team". Brilliant. 

It’s one game sir…. Never met before so props to them for the win but they did not dominate us and have not dominated us…..don’t hate because I bleed black and gold for my program… enjoy your win and see if you can dominate us next year…. Don’t take it personally because someone else believes in their team and coaches as much as you do yours….lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bears8T9 said:

What he 👆🏼said…. Lol 

So I’m confused…. When Refugio was building their program….. did UIL start them off with 2 or 3 state titles or did they have some growing pains and heartbreakers along the way just curious?

5 minutes ago, Bears8T9 said:

So I’m confused…. When Refugio was building their program….. did UIL start them off with 2 or 3 state titles or did they have some growing pains and heartbreakers along the way just curious?

To alleviate your confusion: On 12/09/2022, based on matchups, and Refugio keeps winning State Championships/Timpson has never won a State Championship........Reugio is better.  

Morale to the story is that Timpson is good, and has been good the last couple seasons.. they have just had the same struggle every good team from R3 has had.. Beating the R4 champ... Timpson will be back, honestly I see them getting right back to the semis if Bussey stays healthy, but they are gonna have to bring some type of X factor, because it's pretty self evident you cannot out athlete teams that are consistently as good as Refugio or Shiner.. guys like that have been winning since as far back as THSFB archives will go.. they have been there and done that time and time again and Timpson has not... however that does not mean it cannot be done, and it's gonna be up to the boys in black and gold to decide their fate... not a bunch of couch coaches on smoaky... I suspect Refugio to go on and win em another one to take back to the house, and they WILL be back next season looking to do it again... as will Timpson if they are healthy.. the question is what will they do when they get there... we will all see in due time.. GATA out until next time ✌️