#1 Timpson vs #4 Refugio

ttowngrad

Semifinals  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2022 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

To alleviate your confusion: On 12/09/2022, based on matchups, and Refugio keeps winning State Championships/Timpson has never won a State Championship........Reugio is better.  

Still confused because you didn’t at all hit my question….. no team in the history of teams trying to build a program had the chip when they started Refugio got there and has continued success…good for them but you can’t tell me that they are any other team has not been in the same position as Timpson is in right now trying to get over the hump….those schools at one time had no legacy and history of give it to me I’m R4….. you just don’t want to give any credit to someone who’s not down there south playing football 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bears8T9 said:

Still confused because you didn’t at all hit my question….. no team in the history of teams trying to build a program had the chip when they started Refugio got there and has continued success…good for them but you can’t tell me that they are any other team has not been in the same position as Timpson is in right now trying to get over the hump….those schools at one time had no legacy and history of give it to me I’m R4….. you just don’t want to give any credit to someone who’s not down there south playing football 

I am pretty certain gave "credit". Timpson is good, but they are not as good a Refugio or the teams that come out Region 4. They will not be next year either and after Bussey graduates, Timpson will go back to mediocrity while Shiner/Refugio will keep winning. 

6 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

It's not being a troll.  He was just calling you out for saying 'Refugio ain't ready for what's about to ensue.'  I even tried telling you Refugio had seen it all and was prepared for anything, but just like many R3 fans of years gone by, you thought you knew better with ridiculous statements like that.  Timpson (really Bussey) was as good as advertised, but Refugio's culture of winning, never believing they are out of a game, and better coaching adds up to a team (kids) that knows how to close out a game when the pressure is on.  They expect to win the big ones and know how to do it.

Timpson on the other hand has been riding the coat tails of Bussey and he just didn't make enough big plays last night.  It's no knock on him.  Without him, they win maybe two playoff games.  He just needed more out of his teammates and coaches last night.

Yea ima have to agree with Swarming. Take away Refugio’s best player what happens to their season? Do the beat Shiner? Stop ripping into the Bears — they lost to a great team by 3 in the last seconds of a game. 

6 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

You do realize he was coaching against the best coach in 2a, possibly the state as a whole, so yes, they were outcoached last night.  Herring is on pace to be the winningest coach in Texas HS history if he chooses to keep going.  Timpson's coach has taken them where they've never been before.  Try to take a deep breath and enjoy the success Timpson is having and realize losing to a Herring coached team isn't unique to Therwanger.  The best thing Timpson could do is work to ensure Therwanger doesn't take a job offer to a bigger and more lucrative school, because they will come calling with the success he has had these last 3 years.

“Possibly best coach in state as a whole…” bro you D-riding so hard for these dudes. Sure he’s a great coach but best coach in the state? Rofl 

It’s 2A calm down 

3 hours ago, GATA18 said:

Refugio is the definition of winning tradition in 2a football, I believe Mart is the only other small school program in the state that has more wins.. Who is also about to win another state title in a week.. Timpson has been great, but when you look at the big picture they are still relatively newcomers to the party, and Bussey is who brought them there. Tradition is an intangible feat that can and will thrust teams to the pinnacle when needed. We will all see in due time though how the Bears look moving forward when these freak athletes are gone, but that is neither here nor there right now both teams just played a heck of a game. 

Everyone acts like we don’t know anything about powerhouses and traditions and established programs — like it’s some mystery. Y’all do know Carthage is like 20 mins away right? We get it. Refugio is a traditional powerhouse. Cool. We completely understand I promise.

A Regions rise and fall has to start somewhere… maybe one day the shoe will be on the other foot 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

I am pretty certain gave "credit". Timpson is good, but they are not as good a Refugio or the teams that come out Region 4. They will not be next year either and after Bussey graduates, Timpson will go back to mediocrity while Shiner/Refugio will keep winning. 

Good to know 👍🏼

21 minutes ago, Foozball said:

Yea ima have to agree with Swarming. Take away Refugio’s best player what happens to their season? Do the beat Shiner? Stop ripping into the Bears — they lost to a great team by 3 in the last seconds of a game. 

Yeah this 👆🏼guy gets it….. appreciate the love!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Foozball said:

Take away Timpson’s best player are they even playing in this game?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Probably not….. and same for Refugio…. Don’t hate because Bussey goes to school in east Texas…. We don’t hate on Campbell…..he’s legit…. They both are terrific players and don’t know about #7 but Bussey is as good of a young man that you will ever be around in your lifetime….. I believe that as far as I can remember on this thread that everyone has given the props to Refugio for a big win….. but you seem to have issues when someone has their teams back man…… #calm down 

3 minutes ago, Bears8T9 said:

Probably not….. and same for Refugio…. Don’t hate because Bussey goes to school in east Texas…. We don’t hate on Campbell…..he’s legit…. They both are terrific players and don’t know about #7 but Bussey is as good of a young man that you will ever be around in your lifetime….. I believe that as far as I can remember on this thread that everyone has given the props to Refugio for a big win….. but you seem to have issues when someone has their teams back man…… #calm down 

I don’t think you meant to quote me. 

16 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Take away Refugio’s best player (fastest 2a man in state) are they even playing in this game? Logic is wild huh 

Edited by Foozball

4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I don’t think you meant to quote me. 

You said take away Bussey and are we playing in this game?     Take away Campbell are you playing in this game… do you beat Shiner last week… do you win your district…. Do you fall in the a different spot in the playoff bracket….. yeah I meant to quote you!!!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bears8T9 said:

You said take away Bussey and are we playing in this game?     Take away Campbell are you playing in this game… do you beat Shiner last week… do you win your district…. Do you fall in the a different spot in the playoff bracket….. yeah I meant to quote you!!!

I get it. You’re  hurt. You’re upset. It’s understandable. 

There is no yes or no to those questions. It’s only a matter of opinion. My opinion means no more or less than yours or anyone else’s. 

My opinion is Refugio brought a team to the game last night. Timpson brought a player. Nothing against Timpson. Dance with the one that brung ya right? 

• Like 1

Can you even name Refugio best player? Campbell has the most potential but Avery caught the winning pass against Shiner, King ran for 175 against Ganado, K Brown threw for 350 against Holland, E Bland ran for 295 against Shiner the first time, C Whitmire led the team in catches.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, footballfan232 said:

Okay then by your standards every Tom, Dick, and Harry with not a single idea about football should be able to voice their “concerns”, which is evident by the things being said in this thread. There are other things you should spend your time voicing your concerns about because a team who is able to make it to the semi-finals 3 years in a row is a talented team with coaches who know what they’re doing. If all you’re going to do is run your mouth, and not be productive, then don’t waste your time. I am very curious to know what there is to be concerned about. Are these boys being mistreated? Are the coaches throwing games intentionally? Are they not practicing them hard enough?

Again, if you don’t like it; kick rocks and move on. I owe you no explanation for anything. Are you a coach by any chance?

1 minute ago, wooderson said:

Can you even name Refugio best player? Campbell has the most potential but Avery caught the winning pass against Shiner, King ran for 175 against Ganado, K Brown threw for 350 against Holland, E Bland ran for 295 against Shiner the first time, C Whitmire led the team in catches.

No and don’t care to tbh 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Bussey was the only reason on that game was as close as it was. 

Take our y’all’s QB — he’s the only reason y’all won against shiner, now it’s Timpon Vs Shiner. See how that works? I can give lessons if you’d like. Man logic is not your strong suit. It really is baffling you isn’t it 

Just now, Foozball said:

Take our y’all’s QB — he’s the only reason y’all won against shiner, now it’s Timpon Vs Shiner. See how that works? I can give lessons if you’d like. Man logic is not your strong suit. It really is baffling you isn’t it 

I’m literally saying the same thing you are but just switching up people. But ok. Lol

3 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

I hear ya. I’ve been familiar with Herring for a long time. I have a question for you. As I’m starting to learn there is a lot of coaches that come on this app who get pretty butt hurt when someone questions coaches decisions. What point would YOU question a coach?  I don’t come on here to bash coaches, but when I see BS, I’ll call it out.

I would question a coach similar to any other school employee from a Janitor to a Superintendent.  Not all-inclusive, but... 1) if they do something immoral that is detrimental to the school and/or kids.  Something immoral almost always is in this line of work.  2) if they show lack of effort and self-motivation that's required to get the job done.  3) they show incompetence in their work. 

If only we we held teachers to the same standard as coaches....