#1 Timpson vs #4 Refugio

ttowngrad

Semifinals  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2022 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, Foozball said:

Yea ima have to agree with Swarming. Take away Refugio’s best player what happens to their season? Do the beat Shiner? Stop ripping into the Bears — they lost to a great team by 3 in the last seconds of a game. 

I'm not ripping the Bears.  I thought they were great.  It's some of the posts that I rather enjoy bantering with. 

And which Refugio player would that be?  Take that player away and Refugio still goes at least to the 4th round.  Take away Bussey and Timpson might make the 2nd round.  Doesn't really matter now.  Both played and we have the result.  Two great teams and only one could win.

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Yea. The one that didn’t bring up the would if card is special. 

“Bussey is only reason it was close” and “Without Bussey the Bears aren’t even that far in the playoffs” (Paraphrasing)

Has been echoed a lot and it sure as heck wasn’t me who brought it up first. 

“Possibly best coach in state as a whole…” bro you D-riding so hard for these dudes. Sure he’s a great coach but best coach in the state? Rofl 

It’s 2A calm down 

Did you miss the word "possibly" even though you quoted me?  I did not say he was the best, only that it's possible.  Yes it's 2A, but still possible he has done as much or more with what he has as any other coach.  A coach doesn't have to be at the 4A or higher level to be the best, or do they?

16 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

I'm not ripping the Bears.  I thought they were great.  It's some of the posts that I rather enjoy bantering with. 

And which Refugio player would that be?  Take that player away and Refugio still goes at least to the 4th round.  Take away Bussey and Timpson might make the 2nd round.  Doesn't really matter now.  Both played and we have the result.  Two great teams and only one could win.

We will get a good view of this after next year. Timpson will struggle making 4th in the District. Garrison and SA will be running the show again. 

14 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Did you miss the word "possibly" even though you quoted me?  I did not say he was the best, only that it's possible.  Yes it's 2A, but still possible he has done as much or more with what he has as any other coach.  A coach doesn't have to be at the 4A or higher level to be the best, or do they?

Yes they do. And I’m possibly the best coach in the state too. See how easy it is to make wild claims 

2 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

We will get a good view of this after next year. Timpson will struggle making 4th in the District. Garrison and SA will be running the show again. 

Let’s hope Therwanger builds something special that functions at a high level even without a Bussey-like talent. 

2 minutes ago, Foozball said:

Let’s hope Therwanger builds something special that functions at a high level even without a Bussey-like talent. 

Not with what everyone has coming through the pipeline. SA will be retaking the top spot with Garrison proving to be the main threat. 

Everyone acts like we don’t know anything about powerhouses and traditions and established programs — like it’s some mystery. Y’all do know Carthage is like 20 mins away right? We get it. Refugio is a traditional powerhouse. Cool. We completely understand I promise.

A Regions rise and fall has to start somewhere… maybe one day the shoe will be on the other foot 

I agree plenty of Timpson's fans understand this.  But there are several very vocal ones on this thread like @Bear9T1 , the self-proclaimed Sage of Timpson Football, who proclaimed "Refugio ain't got a clue what's about to ensue" that don't understand.  

Ggs Timspon and Refugio — hoping Region 3 can figure out that puzzle. I’ll see y’all again next year around playoff time. If any Timpson people read this just know y’all got a solid program, a good team and a heck of a coach. Give him and his staff a raise. Refugio and Shiner are such monsters, super tippable. I’ll holler at y’all 

45 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I get it. You’re  hurt. You’re upset. It’s understandable. 

There is no yes or no to those questions. It’s only a matter of opinion. My opinion means no more or less than yours or anyone else’s. 

My opinion is Refugio brought a team to the game last night. Timpson brought a player. Nothing against Timpson. Dance with the one that brung ya right? 

Yeah I’m hurt…. The team that my son plays on and kids that I coached in pee wee ball and watched grow up lost a heartbreaker last night to a good team and missed another chance at AT&T….. I’m I butt hurt….. absolutely not I’m a big boy and can give as good as I get…. As I said in an earlier post…. You have a major problem with someone that backs their team up…. If you can prove to me that their has never been a better team that lost when they were the better team I’ll move on…. But in MY opinion I think we were better just missed opportunities…. Y’all were legit…. No one would be playing in December that wasn’t…. But I bleed black and gold and you are bobcat4life….. once again # calm down…. Lol Lol 😂 😂😂

Take away Refugio’s best player (fastest 2a man in state) are they even playing in this game? Logic is wild huh 

52 minutes ago, Foozball said:

No and don’t care to tbh 

49 minutes ago, Foozball said:

Take our y’all’s QB — he’s the only reason y’all won against shiner, now it’s Timpon Vs Shiner. See how that works? I can give lessons if you’d like. Man logic is not your strong suit. It really is baffling you isn’t it 

@Foozball you really are embarrassing yourself.  In a matter of 15 minutes you've contradicted yourself at least 3 times and can't keep it straight.  First you say "take away Refugio's best player...", then in response to if you even know who their best player is "no and don't care..." then you say 'take out y'all's QB -- he's the only reason y'all won..."  

Even after @woodersongave you a great breakdown of 5 to 6 Refugio players who may arguably be Refugio's "best player," you still didn't get it.

Nobody is going to be taking up your offer on lessons in logic.  It's definitely "not your strong suit.  It really is baffling you isn't it."

Edited by Everide2016

2 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

@Foozball you really are embarrassing yourself.  In a matter of 15 minutes you've contradicted yourself at least 3 times and can't keep it straight.  First you say "take away Refugio's best player...", then in response to if you even know who their best player is "no and don't care..." then you say 'take out y'all's QB -- he's the only reason y'all won..."  

Nobody is going to be taking up your offer on lessons in logic.  It's definitely "not your strong suit.  It really is baffling you isn't it."

For da win……

3 minutes ago, Bears8T9 said:

Yeah I’m hurt…. The team that my son plays on and kids that I coached in pee wee ball and watched grow up lost a heartbreaker last night to a good team and missed another chance at AT&T….. I’m I butt hurt….. absolutely not I’m a big boy and can give as good as I get…. As I said in an earlier post…. You have a major problem with someone that backs their team up…. If you can prove to me that their has never been a better team that lost when they were the better team I’ll move on…. But in MY opinion I think we were better just missed opportunities…. Y’all were legit…. No one would be playing in December that wasn’t…. But I bleed black and gold and you are bobcat4life….. once again # calm down…. Lol Lol 😂 😂😂

I mean this in the nicest way but are you mental?

52 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Again, if you don’t like it; kick rocks and move on. I owe you no explanation for anything. Are you a coach by any chance?

You’re making a lot of bold statements, but can’t bother to back them up, so that kills any credibility that you think you have. No I’m not a coach, and I don’t know what that has to do with anything.