Semi final round 5 Brock vs Malakoff

blackngoldtiger

Brock vs Malakoff  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

This is a good matchup for Koff, imo. We run pretty much the same offensive sets as Whitesboro but imo we have more weapons/players than what they did and have more speed than Whitesboro. Brock was having trouble with the run from Whitesboro going up the middle from their rb and the qb on the option and going to the outside. 

Think Brock will have to throw and use the qb to run it to keep in this game. 

Watched brock beat Whitesboro and they're underwhelming but they keep at it and got the job done. Kinda looked off but they got the W. I have a feeling they're one of those teams that just doesn't quit but also doesn't terribly impress much. They are very very battle tested as they played the hardest non-district schedule in state 3A.  

• Like 1

Last meeting between these 2 teams was 2018 Brock may have had the most physical team in 3A at the time and was a hell of a game. This brock team is not as physical IMO. The QB is pretty good and has multiple targets to go to and the running back is elusive. however I do not think they have the speed on defense to match up with our offense. Im going with my Tigers 35-17.

2 hours ago, GoBigBlue said:

Whitesboro QB is the best I’ve seen in a while. Brock’s Defense is impressive. Whitesboro was a very talented team. As for team speed you do know Brock is the defending State Track champion. 

I saw the game in person. I will agree with you on boro's qb. The team speed not so much. Boro's secondary was keeping up with brock's receivers, Brock wasn't able to get around the outside with the run. 

Brock will have problems with the run.

2 hours ago, MHS77 said:

Last meeting between these 2 teams was 2018 Brock may have had the most physical team in 3A at the time and was a hell of a game. This brock team is not as physical IMO. The QB is pretty good and has multiple targets to go to and the running back is elusive. however I do not think they have the speed on defense to match up with our offense. Im going with my Tigers 35-17.

I thought #25 for Brock was more of a dynamic runner. I think our team speed is better than Brock's too. 

That 18' team for Brock was nothing but hard nose football. Still one of the hardest hitting games I've seen to this day from a koff game.

On 12/3/2022 at 12:32 PM, LetsGoEagles said:

Watched brock beat Whitesboro and they're underwhelming but they keep at it and got the job done. Kinda looked off but they got the W. I have a feeling they're one of those teams that just doesn't quit but also doesn't terribly impress much. They are very very battle tested as they played the hardest non-district schedule in state 3A.  

Watched it also Whitesboro lost the game making critical mistakes.Brock did squeak by,Just don't think brock will squeak by the Koff.

35-14 koff wins.Then takes out Franklin

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GoBigBlue said:

Whitesboro QB is the best I’ve seen in a while. Brock’s Defense is impressive. Whitesboro was a very talented team. As for team speed you do know Brock is the defending State Track champion. 

With all due respect, you must not watch much HS football if he’s the best you’ve seen in a while. Wasn’t that impressed with him. 

8 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

With all due respect, you must not watch much HS football if he’s the best you’ve seen in a while. Wasn’t that impressed with him. 

He had some really good throws in tight coverage and used his legs when needed too. I'm not saying he one of the best but I think he's a good qb. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I've seen more HS football than most.  I watched the QB twice this year.  He impressed me both times.  You have your opinion I have mine.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gameday88 said:

Brock's defense impresses me more than their offense. They are solid against the run and they bring a ton of pressure on pass plays. Jones will not have much time in the pocket.

Good thing Jones has some legs to run with. 

I wasn't to impressed with Brock's run defense. Boro showed some things last week that koff can take advantage of