#1Gunter vs #6Canadian

BoyzNdaHood

Tigers vs Wildcats   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2022 at 12:00 AM

Look forward to this game happening every year. The idiots (both sides) on the “App” won’t show it, but the people that know football respect the hell out of the Gunter/Canadian programs. In my opinion, it’s the two best coached teams in 3A. this series has seen each team with a blowout, and 3 close games.

Canadian comes in firing on all cylinders, and for the most part healthy. Last night against Wall we forced 3/4 turnovers, and never punted. 

Hoping for a classic and a Canadian victory, and if any posters are going to the game I’d love to meet some of you guys!

Edited by THEHARDWAY
  • Like 1

• BoyzNdaHood changed the title to #1Gunter vs #6Canadian
34 minutes ago, blueflu said:

Gunter plays Holliday and Canadian so often in these rounds. There is such a respect between the fans.  It has never been nasty on the field or in the stands.  May the best team win.

Completely agree. I’ll root for my wildcats, but if GT knocks us out I pull for them at state.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 9:14 AM, mightyeagle said:

I think HARMONY will have something to say about that.

I think harmony will beat Poth.  Gunter is a totally different beast. 
This is why we play the game,  to find out who the best is

Edited by wingtveer
Added content
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, THEHARDWAY said:

@Paxyou know what I’m about to ask…..can we get a breakdown?

Looks to be a good one.

Overall, Gunter is scoring 47.9 per game against teams that allow 24.8 per game. Gunter is allowing 7.0 per game to teams that score 33.5 per game.  Gunter's swing is a +49.6.

Canadian is scoring 52.9 against teams that allow 23.4 on average.  They are allowing 16.4 per game to teams that score 27.6 per game.  Canadian's swing is +40.7. 

Using these numbers, I get a 39-32 Gunter victory.

Taking Gunter's three worst "swing" games vs Canadian's best three, I get a Canadian win 42-14.

Gunter's three best vs Canadian's three worst, I get Gunter in a 42-0 game.

I consider that the range of possibilities.  Assuming both teams bring their A game, I expect a battle.  Gunter on top by a score or two.  Though you can also consider that both teams throw game plans out the window when they meet, so who knows?  Always one I look forward to.

The way I look at it is - if you're playing Canadian, you've had a good season.  I would assume you guys feel the same way in the last few years.

Edited by Pax
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pax said:

Looks to be a good one.

Overall, Gunter is scoring 47.9 per game against teams that allow 24.8 per game. Gunter is allowing 7.0 per game to teams that score 33.5 per game.  Gunter's swing is a +49.6.

Canadian is scoring 52.9 against teams that allow 23.4 on average.  They are allowing 16.4 per game to teams that score 27.6 per game.  Canadian's swing is +40.7. 

Taking Gunter's three worst "swing" games vs Canadian's best three, I get a Canadian win 42-14.

I consider that the range of possibilities.  Assuming both teams bring their A game, I expect a battle.  Gunter on top by a score or two.  Though you can also consider that both teams throw game plans out the window when they meet, so who knows?  Always one I look forward to.

The way I look at it is - if you're playing Canadian, you've had a good season.  I would assume you guys feel the same way in the last few years.

Absolutely. Thanks for the numbers insight!

11 hours ago, Pax said:

Looks to be a good one.

Just a question @Pax, these numbers include predistrict games? And the Oklahoma team that Canadian played? Also, this may be a huge ask, but do you have numbers for first half vs second half? 

Edited by 2Punks

11 hours ago, 2Punks said:

Just a question @Pax, these numbers include predistrict games? And the Oklahoma team that Canadian played? Also, this may be a huge ask, but do you have numbers for first half vs second half? 

Yes, the numbers include predistrict games.  I like the idea of doing first half vs second half, but it would be tedious.  Both teams generally have solid leads by halftime and shut it down in the second half so I don't think it would change much anyway.  I may look into it.

• Like 1