#1Gunter vs #6Canadian

BoyzNdaHood

Tigers vs Wildcats   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2022 at 12:00 AM

53 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Might as well call this game the defacto state championship. 

Maybe. The hard part is not having a let down after winning the game, whoever it may be. If you haven’t ever watched a Canadian/GT game, it is one of the most physical games you can imagine. Both teams and staffs are generally gassed (kids physically, coaches mentally) afterwards. Combine that with the fact that Harmony or Poth won’t lay down and are worthy opponents, it makes it tough. 

I do wish that the two teams were on opposite ends of the bracket. I honestly think that Canadian and GT are the two best teams in 3A D2, and have been at least two other times (Boling/Paul Pewitt years). 

I have a lot of respect for Harmony and what they have done this year. I also don’t feel they have played a coaching staff that is as good at scheming as the winner of this game. Canadian and GT are unbelievable at taking away what you want to do and forcing you to change your game plan, and at making halftime adjustments.

My 2 cents.

Edited by THEHARDWAY
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Maybe. The hard part is not having a let down after winning the game, whoever it may be. If you haven’t ever watched a Canadian/GT game, it is one of the most physical games you can imagine. Both teams and staffs are generally gassed (kids physically, coaches mentally) afterwards. Combine that with the fact that Harmony or Poth won’t lay down and are worthy opponents, it makes it tough. 

I do wish that the two teams were on opposite ends of the bracket. I honestly think that Canadian and GT are the two best teams in 3A D2, and have been at least two other times (Boling/Paul Pewitt years). 

I have a lot of respect for Harmony and what they have done this year. I also don’t feel they have played a coaching staff that is as good at scheming as the winner of this game. Canadian and GT are unbelievable at taking away what you want to do and forcing you to change your game plan, and at making halftime adjustments.

My 2 cents.

These games are physical and intense all right. Even for the fans.  Takes me the whole weekend to get over it, win or lose.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

On 12/3/2022 at 9:07 AM, THEHARDWAY said:

Look forward to this game happening every year. The idiots (both sides) on the “App” won’t show it, but the people that know football respect the hell out of the Gunter/Canadian programs. In my opinion, it’s the two best coached teams in 3A. this series has seen each team with a blowout, and 3 close games.

Canadian comes in firing on all cylinders, and for the most part healthy. Last night against Wall we forced 3/4 turnovers, and never punted. 

Hoping for a classic and a Canadian victory, and if any posters are going to the game I’d love to meet some of you guys!

You’ve convinced me that my theory is correct . I feel Canadian is peaking at the right time, and will be a handful for Gunter. The Canadian program certainly doesn’t fear them that’s for sure. Does Canadian have the same Coach as in 2018 that played Newton in the finals. He was a Gentleman in every respect at how he treated W.T Johnston. 

11 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

My 2 cents.

Lol, I did just today to my wife.

7 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

You’ve convinced me that my theory is correct . I feel Canadian is peaking at the right time, and will be a handful for Gunter. The Canadian program certainly doesn’t fear them that’s for sure. Does Canadian have the same Coach as in 2018 that played Newton in the finals. He was a Gentleman in every respect at how he treated W.T Johnston. 

Yes sir. We have basically had the same staff since 2010. We don’t have much coaching turnover. He is a good man.

As for WT, he was a great man as well. I was talking to a friend the other day about that game. You never feel good about a loss. BUT, I wasn’t that upset after that game. There are some games in Football you just aren’t meant to win. With everything y’all’s community was going through at the time, I honestly believe that was one of them. 

i just hoped we earned a little respect from the East Texas teams. Canadian will never be the biggest or the fastest, but we will show up and hit you in the mouth, and be one of the toughest teams you will play.

Edited by THEHARDWAY
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Yes sir. We have basically had the same staff since 2010. We don’t have much coaching turnover. He is a good man.

As for WT, he was a great man as well. I was talking to a friend the other day about that game. You never feel good about a loss. BUT, I wasn’t that upset after that game. There are some games in Football you just aren’t meant to win. With everything y’all’s community was going through at the time, I honestly believe that was one of them. 

i just hoped we earned a little respect from the East Texas teams. Canadian will never be the biggest or the fastest, but we will show up and hit you in the mouth, and be one of the toughest teams you will play.

Not the biggest or fastest, but good length (especially receivers)  and every player knows exactly what to do on every play.   But they are neither small nor slow.

1 hour ago, blueflu said:

Is Canadian facebook still livestreaming.

I believe so. Canadian Sportsnet will provide audio, and they are really good as well. Unfortunately, the UIL won’t allow them both at the same source. You can play both but there is normally a few second delay between the two.

16 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

I believe so. Canadian Sportsnet will provide audio, and they are really good as well. Unfortunately, the UIL won’t allow them both at the same source. You can play both but there is normally a few second delay between the two.

dumb..lol.. UIL needs to let school live stream and broadcast their own games and be able to have commentary and whatever they want  until the state game.  because Balley/ (fox sports sw old) will have all games with commentary and for "free" . 

27 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

dumb..lol.. UIL needs to let school live stream and broadcast their own games and be able to have commentary and whatever they want  until the state game.  because Balley/ (fox sports sw old) will have all games with commentary and for "free" . 

Preach

On 12/6/2022 at 11:11 AM, THEHARDWAY said:

My 2 cents.

This school completely changed its offensive format part way through the season,at this point these coaches and players are (whatever dude) to anything thrown at them...lol 

What they can't do is change harmony qb and he is the dude for them,barring injury,he's gonna do him and that's find a spot for the ball to go,be it pass or run or qb keeper..

These games will probably hinge on harmony's defense being able to keep it close to give that dude a chance to make something happen 🤷‍♂️. That's a big question mark,but they have kept a couple good teams off balance enough to get it done.

On 12/7/2022 at 6:02 AM, THEHARDWAY said:

My heart just sunk last nite. The Wildcats dominated the whole game until the last minute. 
They played just exactly the way you described them. In my view, Canadian made two fatal mistakes. One missing the pat, and the second your #11 had an Int on that last drive by Gunter in his hands, just off his right hip and dropped it. Gotta hand it to Gunter, though. They did what it took to win. Great game too. I can’t help but pull for Poth. Good town, good people, we used to live fifteen miles from there in the 70’s. Hate not to support our region but I don’t think Poth have ever been this far.

Be proud of you team, they did well.

2 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

My heart just sunk last nite. The Wildcats dominated the whole game until the last minute. 
They played just exactly the way you described them. In my view, Canadian made two fatal mistakes. One missing the pat, and the second your #11 had an Int on that last drive by Gunter in his hands, just off his right hip and dropped it. Gotta hand it to Gunter, though. They did what it took to win. Great game too. I can’t help but pull for Poth. Good town, good people, we used to live fifteen miles from there in the 70’s. Hate not to support our region but I don’t think Poth have ever been this far.

Be proud of you team, they did well.

Yes sir. #3 deflected the the ball and 11 couldn’t adjust quick enough. 

after watching film this morning. The second TD GT had (pass) was an interception by 9. You can watch in slow motion and clearly see it. Reciever never had possession, our guy grabbed it on the way down. Problem is refs can’t see in slow motion. A lot of what if’s. Canadian won the game for 46.5 minutes, but the last 1.5 minutes is what counts. Tough loss, but we will be back

1 hour ago, THEHARDWAY said:

after watching film this morning. The second TD GT had (pass) was an interception by 9. You can watch in slow motion and clearly see it. Reciever never had possession, our guy grabbed it on the way down. Problem is refs can’t see in slow motion. A lot of what if’s. Canadian won the game for 46.5 minutes, but the last 1.5 minutes is what counts. Tough loss, but we will be back

5 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

And, I’ll be watching. Congratulations on a great season.

1 minute ago, blueflu said:

Amazing win with everything that happened yesterday.  Respect for our friends from Canadian, but what our kids did was incredible.  I am so proud of all involved.

Tru Dat. Those Gunter kids were incredibly poised at the end. That’s why I love HS football.