#2 Hawley vs #3 Crawford

Crawford

Semifinals  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Crawford Pirates
    • Hawley Bearcats

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2022 at 01:00 AM

Looking at the Schedule, Crawford's Defense is the Real deal! Only giving up about 5 PPG( less than that before this game). The offense is no joke either Averaging 42 PPG(45 PPG before this game). They beat a very good Tolar team who was averaging before that game about 52 PPG and held them to 7. While Tolar's defense is real good as well Holding Crawford to 14. Before the game They were holding opponents to 7.3 PPG.  Hawley is averaging about 45 PPG and Giving up about 11 PPG. Crawford I think is more battled tested to this point. A Healthy Crawford wins this game. 

41 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Everyone here playing for second best. Good luck with either of the other two teams both teams will need it

One game at a time.  Got to win this one before taking a shot at the Timpson/Refugio winner.

Over the years I lost count of how many teams thought they were going to whoop Crawford and got a rude awakening.  I'm sure the other side of the bracket saying the same thing, tho.

4 minutes ago, Bonecrushr said:

One game at a time.  Got to win this one before taking a shot at the Timpson/Refugio winner.

Over the years I lost count of how many teams thought they were going to whoop Crawford and got a rude awakening.  I'm sure the other side of the bracket saying the same thing, tho.

Ya I am from Teague I know Crawford very well.

You aint beating Timpson if they are there.

1 hour ago, Allheartnoquit said:

I'm from Waco and we play Crawford year in/year out.  Plus I know a lot of folk from Crawford.  You could say I know them extremely well.

We're all entitled to our opinions, and until the game is played, that's all they are - opinions.

Good thing the team ain't looking too far ahead like you.

17 hours ago, Bonecrushr said:

I'm from Waco and we play Crawford year in/year out.  Plus I know a lot of folk from Crawford.  You could say I know them extremely well.

We're all entitled to our opinions, and until the game is played, that's all they are - opinions.

Good thing the team ain't looking too far ahead like you.

Ya they aint beating timpson or rugo sorry charlie

On 12/5/2022 at 11:08 AM, Allheartnoquit said:

I guess that means Crawford ain't beating Refugio either since Timpson will have lost to them if Refugio is in the championship?

Ridiculous.  Crawford kids know a little about playing at this stage in the playoffs.  They'll be fine and have a chance against anyone.

Having said that, I do think Hawley wins, but I never count out Crawford.

Edited by Everide2016

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

I guess that means Crawford ain't beating Refugio either since Timpson will have lost to them if Refugio is in the championship?

Ridiculous.  Crawford kids know a little about playing at this stage in the playoffs.  They'll be fine and have a chance against anyone.

Having said that, I do think Hawley wins, but I never count out Crawford.

You are correct crawford aint beating either team

29 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

You are correct crawford aint beating either team

Perhaps.  I haven't seen them or followed them this year, so can only base it on what I've seen them do in the past and what their results look like this year.  They've handled everyone fairly easy other than Tolar. 

Beat Centerville very easy who a number were touting as giving Timpson a run for their money, even though that turned out not to be the case.  The same Centerville who handled your Teague team fairly easy. 

30 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Perhaps.  I haven't seen them or followed them this year, so can only base it on what I've seen them do in the past and what their results look like this year.  They've handled everyone fairly easy other than Tolar. 

Beat Centerville very easy who a number were touting as giving Timpson a run for their money, even though that turned out not to be the case.  The same Centerville who handled your Teague team fairly easy. 

Oh ya Teague not very good never said we were.

They dont have a shot to beat either team. 

On 12/6/2022 at 9:27 AM, Crawford said:

Thursday, Dec. 8th, 7p @ Mineral Wells 

I am just happy that we are hosting this one.  It is cool to have a game like this in Ram Stadium.  Mineral Wells locals will show up in force to watch championship football.  I hope the people of Crawford and Hawley find us as acceptable hosts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bdev19 said:

That Crawford D was over hyped. Hawley killed a lot of offensive drives on bad snaps. The score could have been a lot worse

It didn't help that Crawford lost their best player, the middle linebacker/fullback, to a serious injury early. Prayers for this young man. Hopefully it is better news this morning.

I agree, it could have been worse. I was very impressed with Hawley...they looked much better than some of their video showed. The inability of Crawford to put any pressure on their qb was definitely a surprise. Best of luck to Hawley in the state championship!