5A Division I State Semi-Finals: Longview vs Aledo

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Aledo Bearcats (12-2)  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Aledo in a close one
    • Aledo in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2022 at 08:00 PM

15 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Take it to the Political Forum you two, we're talking Lobos vs. Aledo here. 

He started it lol (kiddy voice) anyways Lobos by 4hunnit. Tatum is too powerful in that backfield. Just control the clock and use that John King recipe and the Lobos will be fine. I got my ticket and will be pumped to watch the Lobos make history once again. 

• Love 1

It’s crazy to me this is the first matchup between these two stories programs. Would love to see them at Jerry World. Would definitely rival some attendance records. Longview has been the big dawg all season. Aledo had some early hiccups to an eventual 4 peat state champ in Parish, and a final 4 6A team in Guyer. But Coach Buc has done one of his better coaching job with this team. Love their QB, he can really go! I think the key for Aledo is they have to shorten the game against LV if they want to have a chance. Longview obviously wants to run the ball but can keep you on your heels with Hale. However, controlling the ball and clock forces that run first offense of LV to be super efficient when possessing the ball. Limits the number of chances for Tatum, hale or someone to break loose. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

It’s crazy to me this is the first matchup between these two stories programs. Would love to see them at Jerry World. Would definitely rival some attendance records. Longview has been the big dawg all season. Aledo had some early hiccups to an eventual 4 peat state champ in Parish, and a final 4 6A team in Guyer. But Coach Buc has done one of his better coaching job with this team. Love their QB, he can really go! I think the key for Aledo is they have to shorten the game against LV if they want to have a chance. Longview obviously wants to run the ball but can keep you on your heels with Hale. However, controlling the ball and clock forces that run first offense of LV to be super efficient when possessing the ball. Limits the number of chances for Tatum, hale or someone to break loose. 

I think we have the secondary to match up well with LV. It really just comes down to the Aledo D-line imo. If they can get off blocks and not let #2 get going then that will go a long way for us to win. I do think we struggle on offense though. The weather will hinder our passing game and just like every other team it will be tough running the ball against that LV defense. 

Edited by AledoAlumni

I’m just going to point out a little humor here…

We chose against playing at the Star because we wanted the ‘natural elements’. Yet, the very elements that are expected this Saturday led us to moving two games this season. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

I’m just going to point out a little humor here…

We chose against playing at the Star because we wanted the ‘natural elements’. Yet, the very elements that are expected this Saturday led us to moving two games this season. 

And the following week is indoors.