5A Division I State Semi-Finals: Longview vs Aledo

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Aledo Bearcats (12-2)  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Aledo in a close one
    • Aledo in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2022 at 08:00 PM

Longview reminds me of the 2014 Temple team..this game will be similar..lots of momentum swings, spectacular plays, some from unlikely players. Anyone thinking blow out either way, it’s your brain that’s blown out😎

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

5 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

How did Aledo lose to Parish Episcopal? I figured it was just the first game of the season, Aledo probably kept their offense/defense pretty vanilla, etc. Did some big players not play that game? 

Guyer is.... Guyer. I don't think anyone can hang with them this year. 

Don’t be fooled by Private School, Parish is really talented. Have a top tier QB in Sawyer Anderson. They scheduled very tough in the preseason, knocked off defending state champs in Aledo and China Springs who are both obviously still playing ball, 4A D1 state runner up Austin LBJ and it took a FG as time expired for SOC to beat them. Parish is really really good. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

Don’t be fooled by Private School, Parish is really talented. Have a top tier QB in Sawyer Anderson. They scheduled very tough in the preseason, knocked off defending state champs in Aledo and China Springs who are both obviously still playing ball, 4A D1 state runner up Austin LBJ and it took a FG as time expired for SOC to beat them. Parish is really really good. 

Aledo lost to SOC last year 😉

I've mention this and I dont really want to bring it up but Aledo has an uphill battle. Yeah LV is ranked #1. Yeah they have an elite running game. Yeah they have a defense that averages giving up less than 10 ppg. Yeah they have a cult following that travels well. Yeah LV has an extra day rest. Yeah the game is outside. Yeah its gonna rain. But the thing I am most concerned with is the Denton Ryan curse. 

Round 1- Denton Ryan loses Red Oak

Round 2- Red Oak loses to Abilene

Round 3- Abilene loses to Burleson Centennial 

Round 4- Burleson Centennial loses to Aledo

This trend is very real. 

Edited by AledoAlumni
  • Like 2
  • LOL! 4

23 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

I've mention this and I dont really want to bring it up but Aledo has an uphill battle. Yeah LV is ranked #1. Yeah they have an elite running game. Yeah they have a defense that averages giving up less than 10 ppg. Yeah they have a cult following that travels well. Yeah LV has an extra day rest. Yeah the game is outside. Yeah its gonna rain. But the thing I am most concerned with is the Denton Ryan curse. 

Round 1- Denton Ryan loses Red Oak

Round 2- Red Oak loses to Abilene

Round 3- Abilene loses to Burleson Centennial 

Round 4- Burleson Centennial loses to Aledo

This trend is very real. 

Meaning we will win this week and lose next week? 😭

• LOL! 1

Aledo played 7 teams this year whose defense gave up less than 20 ppg. In those 7 games, they avg'd 34 ppg. They scored over 40 against 2 of them, 64 against Centennial and 45 against Cooper. 

They played 1 team that gave up less than 15 ppg...Parish gave up 13. Aledo scored 17. 

Longview's defense, meanwhile, played 8 teams that scored over 30 ppg. They gave up 12 ppg in those. 

They allowed 1 team ALL season to score more than 20. Mansfield Timberview scored 21. They avg'd 52 ppg on the year.

The defense gave up only 2 second half scores ALL season. That's 2 scores of ANY kind. 

Yet, I'm supposed to believe that Aledo will score 44? 😆

No disrespect to Aledo, but just the opposite, ALL respect to our defense....Aledo is not scoring 44 points. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3