5A Division I State Semi-Finals: Longview vs Aledo

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Aledo Bearcats (12-2)  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Aledo in a close one
    • Aledo in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2022 at 08:00 PM

18 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

My advice to Longview is score and don’t quit scoring… bleeding the clock is not an option.  You give Aledo the ball in clutch time, THEY WILL SCORE.  

Please, SOMEONE get this message to John King ASAP!!!

• LOL! 3

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

Aledo played 7 teams this year whose defense gave up less than 20 ppg. In those 7 games, they avg'd 34 ppg. They scored over 40 against 2 of them, 64 against Centennial and 45 against Cooper. 

They played 1 team that gave up less than 15 ppg...Parish gave up 13. Aledo scored 17. 

Longview's defense, meanwhile, played 8 teams that scored over 30 ppg. They gave up 12 ppg in those. 

They allowed 1 team ALL season to score more than 20. Mansfield Timberview scored 21. They avg'd 52 ppg on the year.

The defense gave up only 2 second half scores ALL season. That's 2 scores of ANY kind. 

Yet, I'm supposed to believe that Aledo will score 44? 😆

No disrespect to Aledo, but just the opposite, ALL respect to our defense....Aledo is not scoring 44 points. 

Agree with all of this. I honestly don’t think either team will score over 40. My guess is a 7-10 point ball game with the winner scoring late to seal it. I say this one could go either way with 31-24 type score. I really can’t decide on a winner but obviously hope Lobos are out the gate hot cause we need to be. 

Both defenses are too good for this to be a shootout imo. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LoboBooster73 said:

No way Aledo scores 44 on Lobo defense.

If they do, they'll blow out anyone they play in the State game. 

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

No disrespect to Aledo, but just the opposite, ALL respect to our defense....Aledo is not scoring 44 points. 

Yep. Obviously "anything" can happen. But it's going to take a remarkable gameplan and/or exceptional performance for Aledo to dominate this defense in a way that hasn't happened this season. 

3 hours ago, gtee2 said:

I know Longview has been running the snot outta the ball the whole year but I got a gut feeling Lobos gonna have to makes some plays through the air to win

I concur. We're gonna need Jordan to play his best game of the season.

Granted, he doesn't need flashy numbers, but he does need a high completion percentage + zero turnovers. 

Longview plays a clean game, they win going away. 

• Like 1

No way either team scores 40+ points in this game. I suspect the final score will be in the high 20's to low 30's. Something like 34 to 28.  This game will be decided in the last 5 minutes regardless who wins. It will come down to which defense gets a key stop or turnover late in the fourth quarter. Much like the Longview vs Westbrook championship game a few years back.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2022 at 2:12 PM, SLCdragon05 said:

Longview reminds me of the 2014 Temple team..this game will be similar..lots of momentum swings, spectacular plays, some from unlikely players. Anyone thinking blow out either way, it’s your brain that’s blown out😎

I don't see any correlation between 2022 Longview and 2014 Temple whatsoever.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

I will say LV will have the best 1-2 RB duo since '14 Temple imo. Both defenses were pretty dang good also. 

Longview has (in terms of rankings):

The #1 '24 RB in TX (#3 in the nation) paired with the #3 '23 WR in TX (#9 in the nation).

That in itself is unheard of. 

And the defenses don't even compare.

Blasphemous comparison all around. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Longview has (in terms of rankings):

The #1 '24 RB in TX (#3 in the nation) paired with the #3 '23 WR in TX (#9 in the nation).

That in itself is unheard of. 

And the defenses don't even compare.

Blasphemous comparison all around. 

A lot of yall get caught up on the rankings and what people have players rated. I go off of watching the kids play games. Temple in '14 was every bit as good as LV is this year running the ball. 

• Like 1

I still say Longview pulls away in the 3rd and 4th. Burleson Centennial after halftime appeared to go back to running that mix direction type of offense that got them beat last time they met. Not to mention, they flat-out-gave up after Aledo's score around the 3rd. I was impressed by Burleson's QB being able to make plays with his legs similar to Aledo's QB that was a game changer in the 1st and 2nd qtr. which made the game competitive. There's no-quit in LGV **checking the weather it say's 70degrees with a 90% chance of Thunderstorms at 2pm WOW!!! I truly believe this plays into Longview's favor... Longview 42   Aledo 21    Maybe I'm dreaming 🤣

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

A lot of yall get caught up on the rankings and what people have players rated. I go off of watching the kids play games. Temple in '14 was every bit as good as LV is this year running the ball. 

I'm actually the polar opposite. But, when the rankings actually do reflect the talent....it's worthy of conversation.

The only position that 2014 Temple had over this 2022 Longview team is QB. Maybe H/TE but LV's Darensbourg is no scrub.

Everything else is heavily in favor of 2022 Longview. If you truly went off watching the game....I have no clue why you would remotely believe differently.

I'm actually a bit offended comparing the two teams. 

The past 20 years or so, I'd take 2002, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (healthy), 2017 and of course 2018 Longview teams over 2014 Temple. '13 Longview too depending on the day.

• Like 1

Some Longview fans getting a little disrespectful with these predictions. Matching up with one of, if not the top, program in the state. Longview is for sure the favorite, but this is historically the kind of game when we see the Lobos sent home. Seems like a lot of the fans (not all) have a very short memory.

Edited by SmoakyBandito
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, ANTI said:

I'm actually the polar opposite. But, when the rankings actually do reflect the talent....it's worthy of conversation.

The only position that 2014 Temple had over this 2022 Longview team is QB. Maybe H/TE but LV's Darensbourg is no scrub.

Everything else is heavily in favor of 2022 Longview. If you truly went off watching the game....I have no clue why you would remotely believe differently.

I'm actually a bit offended comparing the two teams. 

The past 20 years or so, I'd take 2002, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (healthy), 2017 and of course 2018 Longview teams over 2014 Temple. '13 Longview too depending on the day.

1. It's just my opinion, I'm not trying to convince anyone.

2. If you're offended then that's on you. 

3. After Saturday I very well could have a change of heart and think this LV team is better. 

4. Also that WR just might be the best Aledo has faced this year. We will find out. 

The great thing is no matter how many times it gets said LV wins by (x) or Aledo can't x,y, or z, we are all going to find out soon. If Aledo loses I'm going to congratulate y'all and cheer for y'all to win state. But if Aledo wins, I'm just going to tell y'all how good of a program y'all have and 'like' every single wrong prediction that had LV beating Aledo. It's all good. Like I said earlier, no matter the result we have had a successful season. 

• Like 3