5A Division I State Semi-Finals: Longview vs Aledo

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Aledo Bearcats (12-2)  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Aledo in a close one
    • Aledo in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2022 at 08:00 PM

9 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

1. It's just my opinion, I'm not trying to convince anyone.

2. If you're offended then that's on you. 

3. After Saturday I very well could have a change of heart and think this LV team is better. 

4. Also that WR just might be the best Aledo has faced this year. We will find out. 

The great thing is no matter how many times it gets said LV wins by (x) or Aledo can't x,y, or z, we are all going to find out soon. If Aledo loses I'm going to congratulate y'all and cheer for y'all to win state. But if Aledo wins, I'm just going to tell y'all how good of a program y'all have and 'like' every single wrong prediction that had LV beating Aledo. It's all good. Like I said earlier, no matter the result we have had a successful season. 

If Aledo beats Longview, I'll definitely be cheering for Aledo against College Station unless something drastic happens during the game ala Timberview player hitting a ref. College Station and their fans are just annoying around here. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

If Aledo beats Longview, I'll definitely be cheering for Aledo against College Station unless something drastic happens during the game ala Timberview player hitting a ref. College Station and their fans are just annoying around here. 

They beat us in 2017 for state by 1 point. Sucks that we missed 2 xtps. 

9 hours ago, SmoakyBandito said:

Some Longview fans getting a little disrespectful with these predictions. Matching up with one of, if not the top, program in the state. Longview is for sure the favorite, but this is historically the kind of game when we see the Lobos sent home. Seems like a lot of the fans (not all) have a very short memory.

What are you on about? 

What Longview fan has been "disrespectful"? You know that not everyone posting predictions is a Lobo fan, right? Most Longview fans who are regulars think we can/should win this game but also acknowledge that Aledo is ALWAYS a very strong, well-coached program for the last decade or so. I think Longview will win  but would not be surprised if we lose. It's Aledo. They have plenty of hardware in their case.

What do you mean it's "historically" the kind of game where Longview is sent home? What similarities to what games are you referencing, exactly? 

Edited by JohnnyFootball
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Yep. And they haven't shut the ### up about it for 5 years. Trust me. 

Then you've got very toxic parents/culture there with their baseball program. Don't even get me started on that. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball

3 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

I was at that game.  Felt sick for the kicker.  IIRC, if you had scored 3 or maybe four more points combined in your state final losses, you'd have a perfect record in the championship game.  Oh so close!

• Like 1
  • SMH 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

What do you mean it's "historically" the kind of game where Longview is sent home? What similarities to what games are you referencing, exactly? 

I mean, that is the one point they're actually right on.

We've struggled historically against the top programs, during their runs of dominance (which is why they were on their runs of dominance).

And when I say the top programs, I mean the Aledos of the world.

Lake Travis, the last two years Denton Ryan, Katy, Permian, Plano, even Westlake if you want to throw them in there.

We've talked about it at length in the past but Longview is a program that easily could have been up there with the likes of the amount of titles that Carthage currently has if things had fallen the opposite way.

Who knows what happens if Longview doesn't turn it over 4 times and give up two touchdowns in the final quarter against #2 Richardson in 67.
Who knows what happens if Permian doesn't nail a 60+ yard field goal in 75.
Who knows what happens if Sherman doesn't block a punt then score on next play in 76.
Who knows what happens if Longview doesn't fumble the ball away against Bryan in 84 at home.
Who knows what happens if the officials call an interception by David Henderson instead of giving a touchdown to Plano in 86.
Who knows what happens if Longview doesn't miss an extra point against Killeen Ellison in 96.
Who knows what happens if Lufkin misses a game winning field goal at the end of the contest in 02.
Who knows what happens if Longview's Chris Ivory doesn't fumble it four times against Lufkin in 04.
Who knows what happens if Decker doesn't miss the chip shot field goal against South Garland in 05.
Who knows what happens if Longview doesn't have the field goal at the end of the game blocked against Garland in 06.
Who knows what happens if even just one little thing happened differently in that first half against Lake Travis in 09 (I still think we were the better team).
Who knows what happens if Longview just runs the clock out against Denton Guyer in 10 instead of snapping it with 10/12 seconds left.
Who knows what happens if something as small as the wind was 3/4 miles less against Spring DeKaney in 11.
Who knows what happens if doesn't give up two defensive touchdowns against A&M Consolidated in 13.
Who knows what happens if Longview is able to punch in a score against Lake Ridge in the dying seconds in 15.
Who knows what happens if Kessler makes a field goal to win the game vs Midway in 17.
Who knows what happens if Longview is able to make an extra point vs Jesuit in 19.

Obviously every program has a ton of what ifs. But the times they take place for the Lobos has been quite high across our 100+ years of football, specifically in the last 55/60 years.

That said, none of that has to do with this year and this team. Aledo is facing a damn good team tomorrow, just as we are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4