5A Division I State Semi-Finals: Longview vs Aledo

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Aledo Bearcats (12-2)  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Aledo in a close one
    • Aledo in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2022 at 08:00 PM

Congrats to Aledo on the win and to Longview for a great season. I certainly didn’t expect this. When it was 14-3 at halftime, I called blowout. I’ve been calling Longview champs since august. I was wrong and this is why Aledo is elite. Both will be right back here next season and many more to come. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Lmao. The other guy was right. Watching Spring Hill has removed your ability to think critically about football. 

Congrats on waiting for us to finally lose a game so you could show your face in this thread and start talking. 

I was here earlier in the year too.  I said King was foolish for not throwing the ball more when the Lobos were running all over everyone in pre-district and district.  The QB needed more tough situations to execute in when it didn’t count as much, so he wasn’t scared when all the marbles were on the table.  Because eventually Longview will face a team that can stop the run.  Those last three plays confirmed what I said back before district started.

• Stinks 1

Just now, PantherNation2015 said:

I was here earlier in the year too.  I said King was foolish for not throwing the ball more when the Lobos were running all over everyone in pre-district and district.  The QB needed more tough situations to execute in when it didn’t count as much, so he wasn’t scared when all the marbles were on the table.  Because eventually Longview will face a team that can stop the run.  Those last three plays confirmed what I said back before district started.

Soooo the 2 long TD passes were completely lost on you? Why am I not surprised? 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Kinda hard to throw though when the O-line just lets the defense through that easily. That last series after the delay, he had tons of pressure. They were bombing aledo in that 2nd qtr with that deep pass. Then he kinda went away from it after that pass to go up 14-3. I would’ve kept airing that bad boy out lol 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That’s why they won. They were the first team to stop him. 

And I dont think we compromised our defense. Those plays #8 made were just big boy plays. Aledo could not have done anything different to stop those TDs. They were relatively well played by us.