5A Division I State Semi-Finals: Longview vs Aledo

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Aledo Bearcats (12-2)  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Aledo in a close one
    • Aledo in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2022 at 08:00 PM

2 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

And I dont think we compromised our defense. Those plays #8 made were just big boy plays. Aledo could not have done anything different to stop those TDs. They were relatively well played by us. 

Yep. Both were double covered. I was impressed with aledo. They were as good as advertised. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cougar14 said:

I thought this was Longview’s best team ever? Y’all just lost to a team that’s slightly above average for Aledo standards and playing their first year in 5A-D1. 

Congrats for Aledo doing what your Crosby team couldn’t do. Nice to see you’ve been reduced to relying on other teams to beat us. 

And congrats to the fan of 2-8 Nederland for the same. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball

24 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Wait. 2-8 Nederland!? LOL

I have not bragged in the greatness of Nederland. I have called for the current coaching staff to be fired. 😂😂  This is the worst condition I have ever seen Nederlands footbal program in.  It’s an embarrassment.  
I am currently pulling for our neighbor across the tracks PNG. 

3 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

I have not bragged in the greatness of Nederland. I have called for the current coaching staff to be fired. 😂😂  This is the worst condition I have ever seen Nederlands footbal program in.  It’s an embarrassment.  
I am currently pulling for our neighbor across the tracks PNG. 

I don’t really blame you for bandwagoning from team to team. Your team is 2-8. So you prayed for PAM and Crosby to win only to see Longview smack both of them. Now you’re cheering for PNG. Absolutely hilarious. 

FWIW I saw them play last night and they were impressive. So yeah. Maybe your 4th bandwagon team will win. I guess that’ll make you feel better about being 2-8 😂

Edited by JohnnyFootball
  • Like 1

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

Congrats for Aledo doing what your Crosby team couldn’t do. Nice to see you’ve been reduced to relying on other teams to beat us. 

And congrats to the fan of 2-8 Nederland for the same. 

I mean, but nobody was supposed to be able to do this to Longview’s “greatest team ever”. Y’all won the region, which y’all were predicted to do, and nothing more. For now y’all get to watch the title game from the house just like 2-8 Nederland. 

I would say we might see y’all in something else but Longview sucks at all the other male sports. So see y’all next November, y’all better have a QB next time y’all see us too. 

I mean, but nobody was supposed to be able to do this to Longview’s “greatest team ever”. Y’all won the region, which y’all were predicted to do, and nothing more. For now y’all get to watch the title game from the house just like 2-8 Nederland. 

I would say we might see y’all in something else but Longview sucks at all the other male sports. So see y’all next November, y’all better have a QB next time y’all see us too. 

Who said it was Longviews best team ever? Best defense maybe. Either way, it was enough to humiliate your boys from Crosby  😂

Why do we need a better QB? He absolutely embarrassed your team. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I don’t really blame you for bandwagoning from team to team. Your team is 2-8. So you prayed for PAM and Crosby to win only to see Longview smack both of them. Now you’re cheering for PNG. Absolutely hilarious. 

FWIW I saw them play last night and they were impressive. So yeah. Maybe your 4th bandwagon team will win. I guess that’ll make you feel better about being 2-8 😂

I support the teams from our area.  Any and all of them.  That is why PNG fills the stands.  It’s not just the city, it’s the entire community.  
I do appreciate your sarcastic banter.   Keep it coming man.  Longview did have a very good team.  A terrific team!  

Edited by dme1111

2 minutes ago, cougar14 said:

Y’all gonna get romped next time we see us and you know it.

On our other sports, lol. 12-1 in basketball, boys soccer has been four round deep each of the last two years. Baseball, k. 

Good luck attempting to not fail in D1 again. 

• Like 4

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

Who said it was Longviews best team ever? Best defense maybe. Either way, it was enough to humiliate your boys from Crosby  😂

Why do we need a better QB? He absolutely embarrassed your team. 

Get on the SETX board and go check who said it was LV “greatest team ever”. I told y’all then and all throughout the year y’all wouldn’t win state with Allen at QB. Your QB is in the same boat with Kingwood Park’s QB who also humiliated Crosby. Heck, KP’s QB is committed to UTSA so Allen isn’t even that good 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Watched the entire game, saw the two Scores in the 1st half, but missed the two TD passes?  😂

Yeah. Exactly. You said Longview needed to be able to pass. Passing wasn’t the issue today. 
Why do I even try to engage with Spring Hill fans?

It’s amazing how Longview losses bring out cowards from Spring Hill (lol), 2-8 Nederland, 6-5 Crosby (who Longview smacked), etc. At least Gilmer won 11 games. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball

Just now, cougar14 said:

Get on the SETX board and go check who said it was LV “greatest team ever”. I told y’all then and all throughout the year y’all wouldn’t win state with Allen at QB. Your QB is in the same boat with Kingwood Park’s QB who also humiliated Crosby. Heck, KP’s QB is committed to UTSA so Allen isn’t even that good 

So take it up with the guy on SETX boards? Don’t come here looking stupid lmao

You were the one who said we’d better have a better QB if we play you. Why? With our “bad” one, we easily owned you. 

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Y’all gonna get romped next time we see us and you know it.

On our other sports, lol. 12-1 in basketball, boys soccer has been four round deep each of the last two years. Baseball, k. 

Good luck attempting to not fail in D1 again. 

We’re going to be D1 and will be 6A by 2026 at the latest so no such luck. We don’t get the fortune of a stagnant enrollment like LV has.

Y’all just caught us in a tough year. We finished in 4th place playing the exact same teams we dominated in ‘21, that won’t happen again. 

We’re going to be D1 and will be 6A by 2026 at the latest so no such luck. We don’t get the fortune of a stagnant enrollment like LV has.

Y’all just caught us in a tough year. We finished in 4th place playing the exact same teams we dominated in ‘21, that won’t happen again. 

Tough break for you then. Cause we will forever own you. 

17 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Congrats @AledoAlumni.

yall did what I didn’t think anyone would do. Shut down Tatum. 

Lots of time for Longview to reflect about what went wrong. Add it to another of the what ifs. Play calling, out coached etc. Just continues to happen. 

Onto 2023.

Very hard fought physical game by LV. Yall should be extremely proud of yalls team. They battled and kept the pressure on. Cant say enough good things about yalls defense!

Edited by AledoAlumni
  • Like 2