5A Division I State Semi-Finals: Longview vs Aledo

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Aledo Bearcats (12-2)  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Aledo in a close one
    • Aledo in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2022 at 08:00 PM

34 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Kinda hard to throw though when the O-line just lets the defense through that easily. That last series after the delay, he had tons of pressure. They were bombing aledo in that 2nd qtr with that deep pass. Then he kinda went away from it after that pass to go up 14-3. I would’ve kept airing that bad boy out lol 

Thanks for making my point.  Aledo took away the run, Longview scored their only points through the air, but abandoned it until it was too late.  You gotta expect the pressure on those 3 plays as an OC/HC after two hours of discussions in the locker room.

• Like 1

Just now, PantherNation2015 said:

Thanks for making my point.  Aledo took away the run, Longview scored their only points through the air, but abandoned it until it was too late.  You gotta expect the pressure on those 3 plays as an OC/HC after two hours of discussions in the locker room.

You know the pressure was with a 4 man rush and not on blitzes right?

Dude. You’re boring. Stick to Spring Hill. Plenty there to keep you busy. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yeah. Exactly. You said Longview needed to be able to pass. Passing wasn’t the issue today. 
Why do I even try to engage with Spring Hill fans?

It’s amazing how Longview losses bring out cowards from Spring Hill (lol), 2-8 Nederland, 6-5 Crosby (who Longview smacked), etc. At least Gilmer won 11 games. 

Dang, we’re cowards because your boys took an L? All that trash Longview fans talked all over every social media platform in the state and now you’re butt hurt. Just take some Midol and few shots of whiskey. Good season, see y’all in Lufkin next November ✌🏾

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, cougar14 said:

Dang, we’re cowards because your boys took an L? All that trash Longview fans talked all over every social media platform in the state and now you’re butt hurt. Just take some Midol and few shots of whiskey. Good season, see y’all in Lufkin next November ✌🏾

Bro you are a coward because you couldnt show your face here all season, especially when Longview humiliated your Crosby team. And now today you show up to trash talk Longview because someone hurt your feelings on a different forum, only to get sent crawling back to your hole when reminded that we own you. 

Yea. Hide behind Aledo all you want. Your boys from Crosby are a joke and we reminded you of why. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball

27 minutes ago, cougar14 said:

I thought this was Longview’s best team ever? Y’all just lost to a team that’s slightly above average for Aledo standards and playing their first year in 5A-D1. 

Not sure who said it was our best ever, but it certainly had the potential to be.

Anyway, the answer to your question is in the 2nd post that I made in this thread.

6 minutes ago, cougar14 said:

We’re going to be D1 and will be 6A by 2026 at the latest so no such luck. We don’t get the fortune of a stagnant enrollment like LV has.

Y’all just caught us in a tough year. We finished in 4th place playing the exact same teams we dominated in ‘21, that won’t happen again. 

Kkkkk. Enjoy thinking about them Lobos all off season.

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Kkkkk. Enjoy thinking about them Lobos all off season.

I’ve never seen anything like it. We’ve beaten plenty of teams over the years. 

Only one has been THIS butthurt about it that they show up when we finally lose to a better team. Lol

Edited by JohnnyFootball

18 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yeah. Exactly. You said Longview needed to be able to pass. Passing wasn’t the issue today. 
Why do I even try to engage with Spring Hill fans?

It’s amazing how Longview losses bring out cowards from Spring Hill (lol), 2-8 Nederland, 6-5 Crosby (who Longview smacked), etc. At least Gilmer won 11 games. 

I said the Lobo QB needed to have experience executing through the air when it counted.  King chose to run it all year.  Longview scores 14 in the first half today throwing the ball, but comes out in the second half running into a brick wall and sticks with it until it’s too late.

• Like 1

Just now, PantherNation2015 said:

I said the Lobo QB needed to have experience executing through the air when it counted.  King chose to run it all year.  Longview scores 14 in the first half today throwing the ball, but comes out in the second half running into a brick wall and sticks with it until it’s too late.

Sounds like you think playcall was the issue, then. Not Longview’s ability to execute passes, where they did well. You’re changing your story now?

Any chance there’s a QB in the portal? Y’all can deny it all you want and continue to question King ( some not all) but Allen simply was the best the Lobos had. And there’s nobody better in the program right now unless they just want to hand the ball off every play or simple sprint outs.  Hale is gone but still an impressive stable of receivers for games 1-10.  Who’s going to be able to step up and be better than Allen was this year in games 11-16. We all kinda knew this might be coming if a team could stop the run.  Hale is a phenom but he can’t do the stuff between the snap and when the ball leaves the QB hands. 

8 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Sounds like you think playcall was the issue, then. Not Longview’s ability to execute passes, where they did well. You’re changing your story now?

Johnny - if you can’t pickup what I’m laying down you aren’t the football guy you claim to be.  I’ll leave it there.  Great season Lobos!

5 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Johnny - if you can’t pickup what I’m laying down you aren’t the football guy you claim to be.  I’ll leave it there.  Great season Lobos!

Basically he’s saying stop talking about his coach lol but prolly will be mad at the Cowboys coach tomorrow lol

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, cougar14 said:

I thought this was Longview’s best team ever? Y’all just lost to a team that’s slightly above average for Aledo standards and playing their first year in 5A-D1. 

Crosby has been at the house. Longview blasted your team in the 1st round. Go back to your SETX board.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, dme1111 said:

Congrats Aledo for humbling the most arrogant fan base I have ever seen.  

This is a public warning telling you to stop trolling this thread.  If you can’t help yourself or have something sarcastic to say to me, I highly suggest keeping it to yourself or you can have SC week off

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

This is a public warning telling you to stop trolling this thread.  If you can’t help yourself or have something sarcastic to say to me, I highly suggest keeping it to yourself or you can have SC week off

People troll every thread I’ve been on. ESPECIALLY LONGVIEW.  
what exactly are you warning me with a threat of?

2 hours ago, cougar14 said:

Slightly above average for Aledo standards?  GTHO of here.  State championship caliber teams is what Aledo holds as their standard and they are in the freaking state championship.  Some of you blow hard couch potatoes need to learn when to keep your damned mouth shut.  You sound like idiots

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

go take a look at lumberton vs Chapel Hill or Longview vs anyone.   They constantly troll. 

1 minute ago, dme1111 said:

Longview fans troll? Literally haven’t seen that. There’s quite the difference in what you’ve been saying versus what they’ve been saying.