5A Division I State Semi-Finals: Longview vs Aledo

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Aledo Bearcats (12-2)  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Aledo in a close one
    • Aledo in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2022 at 08:00 PM

1 hour ago, AledoAlumni said:

For those that voted a "blowout win", what margin would that be? 17+? 

For this particular game, I'm using even a two score margin as a blow out just because it's the Semi-Finals.

I think we win by two touchdowns, give or take a field goal depending on the weather.

Edited by LoboFan07
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

For this particular game, I'm using even a two score margin as a blow out just because it's the Semi-Finals.

I think we win by two touchdowns, give or take a field goal depending on the weather.

It's not very often we get blown out this late in the season. 2015 against Lake Ridge being the exception. 

3 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

It's not very often we get blown out this late in the season. 2015 against Lake Ridge being the exception. 

I mean y'all don't lose this late in the season often either lol.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

For those that voted a "blowout win", what margin would that be? 17+? 

Point total isn't really indicative sometimes. 

For example. Aledo beat Centennial by 21 points this past week- doubled their score. But was that game really a blowout? It was within a touchdown in the 4th quarter and Aledo scored a couple late touchdowns to really put it away. 

Longview beat Timberview 37-21 (could've been 44-21 EASILY or at the least, 38-21 which is 3 possessions but we missed a PAT lol). But it was 21-21 into the 3rd quarter and 28-21 in the 4th. 

Neither game was a blowout in my opinion, in spite of 3 possession wins. I don't see either team winning this game in a blowout where the other team is never in the game past halftime. I do think a similar scenario to last week could happen where it's close into the 4th and one team scores late to put it away. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AledoAlumni said:

Yall have a really impressive team this year. We will take all the luck you want to give lol. 

You are extremely HUMBLE to sit in this forum and listen to the subtle shots being thrown and not fire back. I’ve seen my fanbase get a little too over the top many times throughout the years and I am sure y’all student athletes see this banter and chest-beating going on and it’s nothing but, bulletin board material to the opposition to dig deeper than they ever have and ignite a switch that we can’t turn off. Sometimes I think we’ll never learn to just be confident without teetering the line of cockiness.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quick said:

You are extremely HUMBLE to sit in this forum and listen to the subtle shots being thrown and not fire back. I’ve seen my fanbase get a little too over the top many times throughout the years and I am sure y’all student athletes see this banter and chest-beating going on and it’s nothing but, bulletin board material to the opposition to dig deeper than they ever have and ignite a switch that we can’t turn off. Sometimes I think we’ll never learn to just be confident without teetering the line of cockiness.

When I was younger I would have responded differently. But now, I honestly dont mind. I recognize we have been extremely fortunate in Aledo and this comes with the territory. We have played very good teams from all over the state and have dealt with many enthusiastic fan bases. This isnt even our first semifinal game against an East, TX power. Keeping things in perspective, this is a very successful season for Aledo. Win or lose. 

Edited by AledoAlumni
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Quick said:

Agree. Thinking we win by 1 or 2 scores (7-10 pts) would be appropriate....thinking we blow them out is not rational. This has the potential to be the toughest game since Denton Ryan 2020. I know for a fact the team and coaching staff recognize this, the fans need to as well.

Edited by kingwolf
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Agree. Thinking we win by 1 or 2 scores (7-10 pts) would be appropriate....thinking we blow them out is not rational. This has the potential to be the toughest game since Denton Ryan 2020. I know for a fact the team and coaching staff recognize this, the fans need to as well.

Here is the theme song for this game.