5A Division I State Semi-Finals: Longview vs Aledo

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (14-0) vs Aledo Bearcats (12-2)  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Aledo in a close one
    • Aledo in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2022 at 08:00 PM

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

I’m just going to point out a little humor here…

We chose against playing at the Star because we wanted the ‘natural elements’. Yet, the very elements that are expected this Saturday led us to moving two games this season. 

I am sure John King would wear week old dirty underwear on his head if he thought it would give him an edge over Aledo.

• LOL! 2

7 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

I’m just going to point out a little humor here…

We chose against playing at the Star because we wanted the ‘natural elements’. Yet, the very elements that are expected this Saturday led us to moving two games this season. 

I think like Aledo Alumni said earlier, the passing attack for Aledo could be hampered by the weather this weekend. So, I think an almost one dimensional Aledo plays into LV favor. We know LV wants to pound the rock till you’re almost dead and then they deliver the kill shot with Jalen Hale or from what I’ve seen Tatum is outstanding as well at the slot position. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

I think like Aledo Alumni said earlier, the passing attack for Aledo could be hampered by the weather this weekend. So, I think an almost one dimensional Aledo plays into LV favor. We know LV wants to pound the rock till you’re almost dead and then they deliver the kill shot with Jalen Hale or from what I’ve seen Tatum is outstanding as well at the slot position. 

Oh I get it. I just found humor in it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

If Tatum wasn't a RB, he could be a P5 WR if he wanted.

You should also see him play LB. He's a freak!

The dude is just filthy talented. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ETX06FAN said:

From a East Texas football fan that's not from the Longview area with kids that just wanted to attend a what should be a great game kind of disappointed this game is not being played at a indoor covered facility 

I'd play the game in a zero-visibility blizzard at a vacant lot without bleachers if it gives us an edge. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

I'd play the game in a zero-visibility blizzard at a vacant lot without bleachers if it gives us an edge. 

Yes of course the student athletes and all the other participants band etc the weather is the the last thing on their mind lol like me and anyone else that ever participated in sports we just wanted to be out there on the field playing I'm just saying me and my kids love attending football games spending time together at games especially coming from attending 3a to the big 5a I will say some may need to experience sitting with the LOBO Nation side they really get fired up and we love it 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, ETX06FAN said:

Yes of course the student athletes and all the other participants band etc the weather is the the last thing on their mind lol like me and anyone else that ever participated in sports we just wanted to be out there on the field playing I'm just saying me and my kids love attending football games spending time together at games especially coming from attending 3a to the big 5a I will say some may need to experience sitting with the LOBO Nation side they really get fired up and we love it 

Hey, I understand. I really do.

Mrs. P isn't interested in freezing her fanny off just so's I can revel in the madness.  :woot:

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, ETX06FAN said:

Does anyone know information on how many tickets have been sold already ?

I don't have exact numbers, but concerns were raised there wouldn't be adequate room for Lobo fans...  on Monday. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

How did Aledo lose to Parish Episcopal? I figured it was just the first game of the season, Aledo probably kept their offense/defense pretty vanilla, etc. Did some big players not play that game? 

Guyer is.... Guyer. I don't think anyone can hang with them this year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

How did Aledo lose to Parish Episcopal? I figured it was just the first game of the season, Aledo probably kept their offense/defense pretty vanilla, etc. Did some big players not play that game? 

Guyer is.... Guyer. I don't think anyone can hang with them this year. 

Brand new QB that played WR last year. Starting RB played LB last year. Young WR core. Had a decent number of new kids starting on defense. And PE was just as big and talented as Aledo. After all they did just win state.