Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final

bansheefan03

Carthage vs. Glen Rose   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

Carthage offense really bogged down once M Hatten went out with the ankle injury. Finally busted open in 4th to seal the game. PG offense never really got on track. They went a long time without a 1st down and when they finally started to move the ball their fans went crazy. I think it was 24-7 Carthage at half, then in 3rd PG kinda made some noise but never really felt like they had a chance. Carthage was just dominant. Never seen GR, wonder if they can give Carthage a game?  

5 minutes ago, house said:

The nfhs announcers at the Monahans  game bet money GR will be state champs.  

Hope they didn’t bet too much. I only watched about a half of Glen Rose against Monahans and they kind of remind me of Lampasas the year Carthage beat them in the semifinal.  The thing is, this Carthage defense is unlike any I’ve ever personally had the chance to witness.

GR QB appears to be very accurate, throws a beautiful deep ball and is a good runner. But I don’t believe GR will have played a defense with the team speed, discipline and coaching that Carthage plays with each week. A lot of plays I saw them getting big yardage on in the flats and with the QB running are not going to work against Carthage. If they can consistently hit on deep balls, it would be interesting, but I think Carthage corners actually look for the ball and jump this week. Lol. PG’s 2 big pass plays were covered well by defenders but they did not find the ball and/or make a play on it. Also, I haven’t looked at a roster but does Glen Rose have a 6’5” Lance Jackson? It didn’t look like it on film. They did have some guys that looked quick though. But not faster than Carthage. 

Carthage by 21+. With our without Hatten. 

• Like 1

G R’s linebackers read well and fill the hole - but Carthage should be able to not have to double team the d-linemen, thus those linebackers will have to fight threw a block this week…….look for Carthage to run between the tackles for over 200 yards.  
If G R’s QB gets plenty of time to throw all game, they will put up a bunch of points…….but if the Carthage d-line GATA like they have in the other big games this year, G R’s o-line will not hold up at all.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Carthage offense really bogged down once M Hatten went out with the ankle injury. 

I understand why you said this but seems to me that Surratt just took his foot off the gas and didn't want to add to injuries. 

• Like 2

GLEN ROSE TIGERS (13-1)

Won over Grandview (11-3) 43-22 - A Class 3A DI power, Grandview was eliminated in the regional championship game Dec. 2

Won over Gatesville (7-4) 49-14

Won over Graham (6-5) 49-14

Lost to Brownwood (10-3) 3-17 - GR QB was out injured

Won over Springtown (3-8) 28-14 - GR QB missed this one also

Won over Venus (2-8) 69-0

Won over Godley (7-6) 69-35 - As 3rd place team in district, Godley had a nice playoff run

Won over Hillsboro (5-6) 63-13

Won over Benbrook (1-9) 58-0

Won over Ferris (4-7) 56-27 - Was the last regular season game and was for the district championship

Won over Graham (6-5) 55-14 - Tigers beat them even worse in this rematch

Won over Fort Stockton (10-2) 63-12

Won over Wichita Falls Hirschi (10-2) 45-20 - Some experts had picked Hirschi to win Region I

Won over Monahans (10-4) 62-14

Average points per game 51

Average points given up per game 15 

Edited by BevBrownJr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

GLEN ROSE TIGERS (13-1)

Won over Grandview (11-3) 43-22 - A Class 3A DI power, Grandview was eliminated in the regional championship game Dec. 2

Won over Gatesville (7-4) 49-14

Won over Graham (6-5) 49-14

Lost to Brownwood (10-3) 3-17 - GR QB was out injured

Won over Springtown (3-8) 28-14 - GR QB missed this one also

Won over Venus (2-8) 69-0

Won over Godley (7-6) 69-35 - As 3rd place team in district, Godley had a nice playoff run

Won over Hillsboro (5-6) 63-13

Won over Benbrook (1-9) 58-0

Won over Ferris (4-7) 56-27 - Was the last regular season game and was for the district championship

Won over Graham (6-5) 55-14 - Tigers beat them even worse in this rematch

Won over Fort Stockton (10-2) 63-12

Won over Wichita Falls Hirschi (10-2) 45-20 - Some experts had picked Hirschi to win Region I

Won over Monahans (10-4) 62-14

Average points per game 51

Average points given up per game 15 

No doubt the win over Hirschi is the most impressive. Still don't see them matching up to Carthage.

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

G R’s linebackers read well and fill the hole - but Carthage should be able to not have to double team the d-linemen, thus those linebackers will have to fight threw a block this week…….look for Carthage to run between the tackles for over 200 yards.  
If G R’s QB gets plenty of time to throw all game, they will put up a bunch of points…….but if the Carthage d-line GATA like they have in the other big games this year, G R’s o-line will not hold up at all.  

That’s the biggest advantage for Carthage IMO. The Dline will dominate and create problems for GR 

• Crawford changed the title to Carthage vs Glen Rose
13 minutes ago, house said:

GR will be a disciplined team.  I think Carthage’s defense is better than last year. The defense can’t allow another China Spring type game.  

G R does not have the dominating O-line like C Spring……but the skills guys are as good or better. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

Which GR skill guys other than the QB are the most impressive?

They have a couple of RBs that are similar to Courtney from Carthage a couple years ago(I am not saying they are as good) - not blazing speed, but good enough…seem to have a good feel on where to go/when to cut…..can catch the ball

#2 reminds me of one of this year’s Carthage receivers(not saying as good) - can catch it while being covered well/in traffic……and the QB isn’t scared to throw it to him while he is covered. 

• Crawford changed the title to Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final