Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final

bansheefan03

Carthage vs. Glen Rose   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

30 minutes ago, Luvanunderdog said:

GR gets zero respect.  I searched and searched and can't find a single story on them.  Looking on some social media (fb, twit, etc), they love being the underdog.  Flying under the radar.  Kicking a$$ and taking names.  Yea, I'll give Carthage the history.  I'll give them the experience.  Heck, I'll agree with what everyone on here says about stats, size, all that "technical" stuff.  But boys, like it or not it's the heart that wins the game.  Let Carthage get a swollen big head coming into this one and they'll leave that stadium with some swollen lumps and big "L" to their record.  Guarantee you all, GR is dangerous.

GR by 7

You have to earn respect. The Dawgs have treated every opponent as the next great team that they must face. They don’t care about your size, speed, heart, they will not concentrate on anything but what coach Surratt and coaching staff have prepared them for. They will be very physical, they will be very fast off the ball and they will execute the game plan at a very high level. 
We Dawg fans on the other hand have watched a Coach Surratt led teams win 8 state championships in 14 years. 
we believe our Dawgs will win this game, we all have our on opinions why we can win. 
I believe we will win because the Dawg D has proven to be one of the best defenses in the history of 4A Texas football that is giving up less than 3 points a game. 
The Dawg offense has averaged 42 points by half time. The Dawgs QB has thrown 43 touchdowns, almost 4,000 yards with only 3 interceptions. 
4 running backs that could start for any 4 A team, 4 outstanding receivers, and a very big, strong and quick O line that that has out physicaled every team they have faced so far. 

9 minutes ago, Luvanunderdog said:

I'm not real sure who "Rudy" is............but.  Tell your story to the USC commit running back of Hirschi Wichita Falls and their SMU commit WR............................................ 

Do you really think there is any similarity between WF Hirchi & Carthage?

12 minutes ago, Luvanunderdog said:

I'm not real sure who "Rudy" is............but.  Tell your story to the USC commit running back of Hirschi Wichita Falls and their SMU commit WR............................................ 

Cmon man!  This is a football forum!

75BBFD2A-D17E-465C-85FE-29A6DDE6A855.jpeg

Edited by DAWG91

5 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You have to earn respect. The Dawgs have treated every opponent as the next great team that they must face. They don’t care about your size, speed, heart, they will not concentrate on anything but what coach Surratt and coaching staff have prepared them for. They will be very physical, they will be very fast off the ball and they will execute the game plan at a very high level. 
We Dawg fans on the other hand have watched a Coach Surratt led teams win 8 state championships in 14 years. 
we believe our Dawgs will win this game, we all have our on opinions why we can win. 
I believe we will win because the Dawg D has proven to be one of the best defenses in the history of 4A Texas football that is giving up less than 3 points a game. 
The Dawg offense has averaged 42 points by half time. The Dawgs QB has thrown 43 touchdowns, almost 4,000 yards with only 3 interceptions. 
4 running backs that could start for any 4 A team, 4 outstanding receivers, and a very big, strong and quick O line that that has out physicaled every team they have faced so far. 

No argument with anything you said.  As a matter of a fact, I agree with it.  BUT - all I'm saying is that it's the "sleeper" teams, the ones you least expect, that tend to sneak up and bite you in the backside.  Like it or not, looking at what this GR team has done, they're dangerous.  If Carthage comes in thinking they've already wrapped it up, I pick GR by 7.  If they take GR serious, Carthage by 21.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Luvanunderdog said:

No argument with anything you said.  As a matter of a fact, I agree with it.  BUT - all I'm saying is that it's the "sleeper" teams, the ones you least expect, that tend to sneak up and bite you in the backside.  Like it or not, looking at what this GR team has done, they're dangerous.  If Carthage comes in thinking they've already wrapped it up, I pick GR by 7.  If they take GR serious, Carthage by 21.

We gonna talk smack, but Coach Surratt will have the boys ready and not overlooking GR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luvanunderdog said:

Wow. You don’t know the “Rudy”

reference? You may a little too young for this here forum then…lol

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Luvanunderdog said:

Hopefully the GR coaches are focused on skilled players like you but I highly doubt it. If Carthage dominates it'll be in the trenches.

9 hours ago, Luvanunderdog said:

Carthage beats other teams big commits every year, week in and week out, too. It is a team sport after all. Difference here is that it’s not “breaking barriers” for Carthage. It’s business as usual. 

GR has had a great season. You and any other GR fan has every reason to be proud and expect them to pull off a major upset. It would be sad if you didn’t expect that.

This just happens to be a Carthage team that has looked special and different, even amongst the 8 state championship teams. So I don’t believe it’s GR’s moment. Not at all. But if I’m wrong and it is, I’ll be happy to congratulate and root for GR next week in the title game. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Luvanunderdog said:

A little bit off topic here but can you tell some more people who are Glen Rose fans about this forum? It's been boring since 2010 on Carthage threads bc we haven't face anyone new in years. We just talk amongst one another all cordially and it's sickening. Friday is still too far away from me and I need a way to spend free time. 

Ok back to the thread.

6 minutes ago, house said:

Game winning kick bounced off the upright.  

Didn’t say that right.  The potential game winning kick hit the upright and Silsbee eventually lost as we know.  Crazy that the kick would have gone through on a high school field and the outcome would have been different.  

11 hours ago, Luvanunderdog said:

The real question is can GR even take a lead in the game. If im not mistsken Carthage hasn't trailed at an point in the game all season. I'm not knocking the success that GR has had this season but this Carthage team is rolling right now. I just don't see a upset here.

1 minute ago, nacdragon07 said:

The real question is can GR even take a lead in the game. If im not mistsken Carthage hasn't trailed at a point in the game all season. I'm not knocking the success that GR has had this season but this Carthage team is rolling right now. I just don't see an upset here.

You are not mistaken. Pg won the coin toss and had an “opportunity” to score first and take the lead, but that didn’t work out of course. 

If GR wins toss, maybe they come up with something Carthage hasn’t seen/isn’t ready for and get an early score… or maybe they get shut down or mostly shut down like everyone else. We will see!

26 minutes ago, house said:

Didn’t say that right.  The potential game winning kick hit the upright and Silsbee eventually lost as we know.  Crazy that the kick would have gone through on a high school field and the outcome would have been different.  

I watched until the first overtime was over, then left for Marshall……but I didn’t pay attention to the goalposts………most venues have a different sets of goalposts they use, if NFL, college, and high schools play there…….I am guessing the Star will have high school goal posts for Thursday and Friday………Did they not use high school goal posts for the Silsbee/Cuero game ?

31 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

A little bit off topic here but can you tell some more people who are Glen Rose fans about this forum? It's been boring since 2010 on Carthage threads bc we haven't face anyone new in years. We just talk amongst one another all cordially and it's sickening. Friday is still too far away from me and I need a way to spend free time. 

Ok back to the thread.

I know some guys in the 3A ranks that live for pot stirring.  We can mix it up if you want.  LOL!  But I don’t think C&C will like it.  He is comfortable with the current trajectory of the threads.

27 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

I watched until the first overtime was over, then left for Marshall……but I didn’t pay attention to the goalposts………most venues have a different sets of goalposts they use, if NFL, college, and high schools play there…….I am guessing the Star will have high school goal posts for Thursday and Friday………Did they not use high school goal posts for the Silsbee/Cuero game ?

Don’t know the answer and don’t know if there was another high school game that day at NRG.  I was unaware they were switched out depending on level of play.  

12 hours ago, Luvanunderdog said:

GR gets zero respect.  I searched and searched and can't find a single story on them.  Looking on some social media (fb, twit, etc), they love being the underdog.  Flying under the radar.  Kicking a$$ and taking names.  Yea, I'll give Carthage the history.  I'll give them the experience.  Heck, I'll agree with what everyone on here says about stats, size, all that "technical" stuff.  But boys, like it or not it's the heart that wins the game.  Let Carthage get a swollen big head coming into this one and they'll leave that stadium with some swollen lumps and big "L" to their record.  Guarantee you all, GR is dangerous.

GR by 7

GR probably won’t win but they won’t be out hustled. Much better attitudes and hustle. Just not enough horses in the barn. 

• Like 1

• Crawford changed the title to Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final