Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final

bansheefan03

Carthage vs. Glen Rose   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

38 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I know some guys in the 3A ranks that live for pot stirring.  We can mix it up if you want.  LOL!  But I don’t think C&C will like it.  He is comfortable with the current trajectory of the threads.

Naw I am good with the pot stirring. Two words for the pot stirrers. 
DAWG DEFESE

2 hours ago, TrinityRiverRat said:

GR AD spotted at walmart buying an air pump. He made a great choice going with the black & decker as opposed to the Tacklife A6. Although the Tacklife A6 has car connections, it unfortunately has terrible reviews. Great Job Coach!

That’s not someone schools would have like year round?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BevBrownJr said:

For those who attended yesterday’s Chalk Talk:

Did Coach Surratt have any report on injured players (e.g., Hatten, Bell, Bowden, Lewis)?

Anything else of interest that can be shared?

I was not at chalk talk. But if I was a betting man then:

Hatten will be a no go

Bell will be based off how he is at practice this week or maybe game time decision

I believe Bowden will go

not sure on Lewis.

7 hours ago, house said:

Well I just learned the goal post dimensions are different for high school and for pro stadiums.  

7 hours ago, house said:

That’s a crazy fact in the Silsbee-Cuero game.  

6 hours ago, cotton84 said:

I watched until the first overtime was over, then left for Marshall……but I didn’t pay attention to the goalposts………most venues have a different sets of goalposts they use, if NFL, college, and high schools play there…….I am guessing the Star will have high school goal posts for Thursday and Friday………Did they not use high school goal posts for the Silsbee/Cuero game ?

I saw this in another thread and had the same question. You're telling us that when a HS game is played at AT&T or NRG they don't put high school goal posts up? I don't think that's true. Aren't they same as college? When they host bowls don't they change them? 

On 12/4/2022 at 8:18 AM, mikehoncho said:

Hope they didn’t bet too much. I only watched about a half of Glen Rose against Monahans and they kind of remind me of Lampasas the year Carthage beat them in the semifinal.  The thing is, this Carthage defense is unlike any I’ve ever personally had the chance to witness.

GR QB appears to be very accurate, throws a beautiful deep ball and is a good runner. But I don’t believe GR will have played a defense with the team speed, discipline and coaching that Carthage plays with each week. A lot of plays I saw them getting big yardage on in the flats and with the QB running are not going to work against Carthage. If they can consistently hit on deep balls, it would be interesting, but I think Carthage corners actually look for the ball and jump this week. Lol. PG’s 2 big pass plays were covered well by defenders but they did not find the ball and/or make a play on it. Also, I haven’t looked at a roster but does Glen Rose have a 6’5” Lance Jackson? It didn’t look like it on film. They did have some guys that looked quick though. But not faster than Carthage. 

Carthage by 21+. With our without Hatten. 

I do not think it ultimately mattered but the Jackson kid was out with a separated shoulder after the first series.

23 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I saw this in another thread and had the same question. You're telling us that when a HS game is played at AT&T or NRG they don't put high school goal posts up? I don't think that's true. Aren't they same as college? When they host bowls don't they change them? 

Read that ncaa uses nfl dimensions.  Does SFA change goal posts when they host high school playoff games?  Hate to run this in the ground but was interesting after the Silsbee game.  

18 minutes ago, RonChee said:

I do not think it ultimately mattered but the Jackson kid was out with a separated shoulder after the first series.

You can see him favor the left shoulder after the 2nd offensive play for PG.  He tried to block the 3rd play (after the early timeout), dropped his shoulder and went off for the punt.  He never returned.

39 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

You can see him favor the left shoulder after the 2nd offensive play for PG.  He tried to block the 3rd play (after the early timeout), dropped his shoulder and went off for the punt.  He never returned.

No he actually did come in for a few defensive plays later but got put on his butt when he was on the line and dropped him back in coverage on the pass to hatten that was caught out of bounds in the endzone

3 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

For those who attended yesterday’s Chalk Talk:

Did Coach Surratt have any report on injured players (e.g., Hatten, Bell, Bowden, Lewis)?

Anything else of interest that can be shared?

2 will go 2 will be game time but said the 2 that were game time told him that day they would be playing

1 hour ago, house said:

Read that ncaa uses nfl dimensions.  Does SFA change goal posts when they host high school playoff games?  Hate to run this in the ground but was interesting after the Silsbee game.  

NFL and NCAA goalposts are 18 feet, 6 inches wide. High school goalposts are 23 feet, 4 inches wide.

2 hours ago, chevyman said:

If you like some good football, grab you a room at the Omni for a couple of nights and catch Brock/Malakoff on Thursday and this one on Friday. Looking forward to it

Last time I stayed at the Omni the whole floor I was on smelled like chronic,  and no,  it wasn't mine!

• LOL! 3

12 hours ago, ctown81 said:

A little bit off topic here but can you tell some more people who are Glen Rose fans about this forum? It's been boring since 2010 on Carthage threads bc we haven't face anyone new in years. We just talk amongst one another all cordially and it's sickening. Friday is still too far away from me and I need a way to spend free time. 

Ok back to the thread.

Never said I was a "GR" fan.  Actually, I'm from east Tx, not far from Lufkin area.  I work with some guys who's kids play for PG and know a few people from GR.  Just like watching good matchups.  Like it or not, Glen Rose is a dangerous group.  I watched a couple Carthage games and a few more Glen Rose games.  Carthage is a talented group, hands down, no doubt.  Glen Rose doesn't have near the talent.  But Glen Rose has a chemistry like no other team out there.  Yea yea yea, I know, "chemistry" doesn't win games....................or does it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Luvanunderdog said:

Never said I was a "GR" fan.  Actually, I'm from east Tx, not far from Lufkin area.  I work with some guys who's kids play for PG and know a few people from GR.  Just like watching good matchups.  Like it or not, Glen Rose is a dangerous group.  I watched a couple Carthage games and a few more Glen Rose games.  Carthage is a talented group, hands down, no doubt.  Glen Rose doesn't have near the talent.  But Glen Rose has a chemistry like no other team out there.  Yea yea yea, I know, "chemistry" doesn't win games....................or does it?

Chemistry makes new chemicals...and babies...

• LOL! 1

• Crawford changed the title to Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final