Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final

bansheefan03

Carthage vs. Glen Rose   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Luvanunderdog said:

Wooo, man.  Now that's pushin' it...........................  Based on all the smack talk I see out of Carthage,,,,,,,,,I say GR by 7.  But fiddy!!!!  I don't know on that one.

Yeah I was messing around with that. I revamped 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Luvanunderdog said:

Wooo, man.  Now that's pushin' it...........................  Based on all the smack talk I see out of Carthage,,,,,,,,,I say GR by 7.  But fiddy!!!!  I don't know on that one.

You also said Dawgs by 21. You need to decide which before kickoff!  😜

Let me assure you,  no matter what us goofs here on Smoaky say,  it will have very little impact and 99.999% likely,  none, on the game.  Rest assured, Surratt's gonna have them boys ready to go Fri night at the Star.  #EarnIt

Edited by DAWG91
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

For those who attended yesterday’s Chalk Talk:

Did Coach Surratt have any report on injured players (e.g., Hatten, Bell, Bowden, Lewis)?

Anything else of interest that can be shared?

Who is the Bowden you speak of ? 

I actually think Glen Rose will have some early success with their up tempo offense vs this Carthage D.  They are bound to hit a home run over the top as well.   I see this being a 7-10 point game at the half.  Carthage will make their normal adjustments and pull away in the second half.  The Carthage D will get a couple timely turnovers as Glen Rose is forced to throw more than they want to close the gap.  I’ll go with a 45-24 final and Carthage takes another step closer to #9.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I actually think Glen Rose will have some early success with their up tempo offense vs this Carthage D.  They are bound to hit a home run over the top as well.   I see this being a 7-10 point game at the half.  Carthage will make their normal adjustments and pull away in the second half.  The Carthage D will get a couple timely turnovers as Glen Rose is forced to throw more than they want to close the gap.  I’ll go with a 45-24 final and Carthage takes another step closer to #9.

I would be totally happy with that, as I know this GR team does have some talent and they are going to want it as much or more than any other team Carthage has faced this year! 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I just can’t see any team scoring 21 on the Dawg D, not saying it can’t. Gilmer was way better than I thought they were and only managed 7. 
Center had the highest scoring offense in all of 4A and they couldn’t do it. 
Kilgore quarter finalist in DI and they couldn’t do it. 
If the offense does not give GR a short field, I don’t see them doing it either. 

4 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I just can’t see any team scoring 21 on the Dawg D, not saying it can’t. Gilmer was way better than I thought they were and only managed 7. 
Center had the highest scoring offense in all of 4A and they couldn’t do it. 
Kilgore quarter finalist in DI and they couldn’t do it. 
If the offense does not give GR a short field, I don’t see them doing it either. 

C&C - put down the red kool-aid and Dawg Dynasty glasses for a minute.  Glen Rose has an all Senior OL with as much or more size than anyone Carthage has played all year.  6’0-6’2 and 220-285.  They will get after it.  #13 runs the GR offense extremely well and is as good with the ball running as Fluellen or Johnson.  Plus he can throw the ball better than both.  Glen Rose is going to score some points on Carthage D.  Don’t be upset when they do.  Their problem will be stopping Carthage.  The Tiger D is undersized and outmanned across the board vs Carthage O, but they will go 100% every play.  They won’t get cheated on effort.  If Carthage has some uncharacteristic turnovers, or just doesn’t execute the offense very well, Glen Rose will be in this game in the second half.  I don’t see that happening, but this is the semi finals and Glen Rose is playing with house money.

8 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

What is Glen Rose signature win?  What's the best win they have on their schedule?  (Besides the last one because it got them here.)  I'm asking legitimately because I don't know how good all the teams they played are.

In my opinion, Grandview is their best win.  Grandview lost last Fri to Malakoff in the Regional finals in 3A D1.  They would be a playoff team in 4A D2 in most districts.  Hirschi & Brownwood we’re overrated this year.  Neither had a complete team.

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

C&C - put down the red kool-aid and Dawg Dynasty glasses for a minute.  Glen Rose has an all Senior OL with as much or more size than anyone Carthage has played all year.  6’0-6’2 and 220-285.  They will get after it.  #13 runs the GR offense extremely well and is as good with the ball running as Fluellen or Johnson.  Plus he can throw the ball better than both.  Glen Rose is going to score some points on Carthage D.  Don’t be upset when they do.  Their problem will be stopping Carthage.  The Tiger D is undersized and outmanned across the board vs Carthage O, but they will go 100% every play.  They won’t get cheated on effort.  If Carthage has some uncharacteristic turnovers, or just doesn’t execute the offense very well, Glen Rose will be in this game in the second half.  I don’t see that happening, but this is the semi finals and Glen Rose is playing with house money.

Question, do you believe GR could beat Kilgore, Gilmer, or PG.

Just now, cowboyandchrist said:

I don't think I am drinking the Dawg Koolaid. They held 12 teams to zero points at the half, 7 teams to 10 yards to minus rushing yards at half time.

I watched the game between GR and Monahans. Monahans was terrible and I could not tell how good GR was. 

They have a good o line and good QB, but I believe the Dawg D line and linebackers will dominate the line of scrimmage.

Again, not drinking the Koolaid, I believe the Gobblers have an outstanding team and could test the Dawgs.

Give another game I could watch that shows GR playing a team that challenged them.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Center O-line was the biggest Carthage will face all year…….Johnson better runner than G R QB - when fresh but plays both ways. 

10 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

PG yes.  Gilmer no.  Kilgore is a push.  Might be an OT game and could go either way.  My point is you of all people should know there are only 4 teams left.  This isn’t district play where Carthage wins 50-0 and the starters only play one half.  I believe Carthage will win by 3 scores, but I have seen enough of Glen Rose from an unbiased view to know they belong in this game.  They are going to stand in the middle of the ring and give Carthage everything they have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

Center O-line was the biggest Carthage will face all year…….Johnson better runner than G R QB - when fresh but plays both ways. 

I said as much or more size.  Center OL was big but soft at times.  Glen Rose OL is not soft.  #13 White doesn’t play both ways and runs north & south.

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

PG yes.  Gilmer no.  Kilgore is a push.  Might be an OT game and could go either way.  My point is you of all people should know there are only 4 teams left.  This isn’t district play where Carthage wins 50-0 and the starters only play one half.  I believe Carthage will win by 3 scores, but I have seen enough of Glen Rose from an unbiased view to know they belong in this game.  They are going to stand in the middle of the ring and give Carthage everything they have.

I simply don’t know enough about GR’s opponents to form an honest opinion on them. I just know I watched them blowout Monahans (who was terrible) and came away feeling like the things I was watching them rely on for success are things that the bulldogs typically defend very well. I know the QB can throw it downfield but they also did a lot of work in the flats and Carthage defends that very well. I believe Carthage will shut down the GR run game and make them one dimensional. 

• Like 1

• Crawford changed the title to Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final