Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final

bansheefan03

Carthage vs. Glen Rose   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Eagleborn said:

Set things straight for people like me? That’s cool. 

A 2-9 team rushed for 131 and 158 yards against Carthage. That’s a fact. Unless their coaches lied about the stats. 

VA I thought scored 30. People that’s the score on multiple sources. If they didn’t score 30 against Carthage then I retract my statement. 

I can’t wait to hear how this gets twisted.

See above response.  Also, you are not even winning at the game you are playing.  It changes nothing.  What myself and other posters have always referred to is what has been allowed by the starting unit and what has been allowed after they have gone out.  Just like its factual that the final team totals is what you referred to, it's also factual that what was allowed by the starting unit is MUCH MUCH less.  The two things are not mutually exclusive.  So your not making much of a point of anything.  

• Like 1

Our backups are key to our overall success.

They get valuable PT in the second halves of games building for the future, their future, while protecting our starters from injury.

No one is devaluing the backups, but acting like VA ran against our best defensive unit is silly and everyone knows it, don’t be silly, eagle.

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

See above response.  Also, you are not even winning at the game you are playing.  It changes nothing.  What myself and other posters have always referred to is what has been allowed by the starting unit and what has been allowed after they have gone out.  Just like its factual that the final team totals is what you referred to, it's also factual that what was allowed by the starting unit is MUCH MUCH less.  The two things are not mutually exclusive.  So your not making much of a point of anything.  

Wasn’t aware this was a game. I stated facts on rushing yards and points scored. I’m not the one twisting it and saying they shouldn’t count against Carthage because the starters weren’t in. 

Wasn’t there something about a week ago or so out about how Carthage doesn’t have super stars on defense. They have a solid core on that side of the ball? Kinda like a team sport or something. 

Idk but call me old fashioned I guess and consider everyone on the roster, everyone on the field as being a part of the team. 

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

They get valuable PT in the second halves of games building for the future, their future, while protecting our starters from injury.

No one is devaluing the backups, but acting like VA ran against our best defensive unit is silly and everyone knows it, don’t be silly, eagle.

Who said VA ran against y’all’s best defensive unit?

Just now, Eagleborn said:

Wasn’t aware this was a game. I stated facts on rushing yards and points scored. I’m not the one twisting it and saying they shouldn’t count against Carthage because the starters weren’t in. 

Wasn’t there something about a week ago or so out about how Carthage doesn’t have super stars on defense. They have a solid core on that side of the ball? Kinda like a team sport or something. 

Idk but call me old fashioned I guess and consider everyone on the roster, everyone on the field as being a part of the team. 

Quote me where I said it shouldn't count?  

I have only pointed out the, again, FACTUAL difference between what the starting defensive unit for Carthage has given up vs. what the 2nd team and beyond has.  It's no opinion.  Why you got your panties in a wad about it? No idea, that's your problem. 

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

Quote me where I said it shouldn't count?  

I have only pointed out the, again, FACTUAL difference between what the starting defensive unit for Carthage has given up vs. what the 2nd team and beyond has.  It's no opinion.  Why you got your panties in a wad about it? No idea, that's your problem. 

Oh I’m not in a wad. There’s about five of us laughing at y’all. A couple are Carthage dudes I work with. 

• Stinks 1

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That’s 100% correct.   Carthage has been playing the backups in lots of games over the years that get them quality game reps.   Depth is a huge part of the Bulldogs success.    The 2nds and 3rds get just as many reps out of season as the 1’s.   The staff does a tremendous job of developing that depth to be ready to play anytime they get in a game.   

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

If they rush for 120 yards, I will be shocked. I don’t see any points by half time. 

If that is the measure, I’ll say GR rushes for 120+ for the game, throws for 120+ for the game, and has 2 scores in the first half.  Could be a TD & FG, or 2 TD’s.  Final score Carthage wins 45-24.

On 12/7/2022 at 9:55 AM, PantherNation2015 said:

In my opinion, Grandview is their best win.  Grandview lost last Fri to Malakoff in the Regional finals in 3A D1.  They would be a playoff team in 4A D2 in most districts.  Hirschi & Brownwood we’re overrated this year.  Neither had a complete team.

Man, if Grandview is their best win, whom Malakoff knocked out of the playoffs…..

I just watched Malakoff versus Brock in person at The Star.    Yeah, 😬😬

Think Brock got handled by Pleasant Grove this year. 

8 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

If that is the measure, I’ll say GR rushes for 120+ for the game, throws for 120+ for the game, and has 2 scores in the first half.  Could be a TD & FG, or 2 TD’s.  Final score Carthage wins 45-24.

You could be right and if you are, I will still be a Happy Dawg. 
Let’s Go Dawgs 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 and hopefully number 🏆

God Bless Coaches, Players, and Fans. 
I pray for safe travels and no injuries 

8 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Man, if Grandview is their best win, whom Malakoff knocked out of the playoffs…..

I just watched Malakoff versus Brock in person at The Star.    Yeah, 😬😬

Think Brock got handled by Pleasant Grove this year. 

Malakoff did beat Grandview in a fairly close game last week, after losing to Granndview in a close in back in Sept.  And Brock manhandled Malakoff last night outside of the long punt return.  But this ain’t the same Brock team PG played early.  If they played again, I believe the result would be much different.

9 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Malakoff did beat Grandview in a fairly close game last week, after losing to Granndview in a close in back in Sept.  And Brock manhandled Malakoff last night outside of the long punt return.  But this ain’t the same Brock team PG played early.  If they played again, I believe the result would be much different.

I do not think Brock would have any chance of beating Pleasant Grove.  I was at the Malakoff vs Brock game last night and - no. 

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I do not think Brock would have any chance of beating Pleasant Grove.  I was at the Malakoff vs Brock game last night and - no. 

Well, I’m just saying, I’ve seen Pleasant Grove and Brock in person in back to back weeks.

Brock is nowhere near competing with PG.

I spoke to some Brock parents before the game and they talked about our many athletes PG had and they don’t want anymore of that.   I don’t think there is any way on earth if Brock and PG played today that Brock would win. 

7 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, I’m just saying, I’ve seen Pleasant Grove and Brock in person in back to back weeks.

Brock is nowhere near competing with PG.

I spoke to some Brock parents before the game and they talked about our many athletes PG had and they don’t want anymore of that.   I don’t think there is any way on earth if Brock and PG played today that Brock would win. 

You don’t think Malakoff had any athletes?  PG beat Brock 28-7 in August.  If they played again, Brock closes that gap.

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

You don’t think Malakoff had any athletes?  PG beat Brock 28-7 in August.  If they played again, Brock closes that gap.

Malakoff had one athlete and a QB who had a probably below his own standards performance against Brock.

I don’t think so on Brock closing the gap on PG.

Brock got it done, but I didn’t leave there thinking Brock would still be in the 4A playoffs by any stretch of the imagination.

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Malakoff had one athlete and a QB who had a probably below his own standards performance against Brock.

I don’t think so on Brock closing the gap on PG.

Brock got it done, but I didn’t leave there thinking Brock would still be in the 4A playoffs by any stretch of the imagination.

QB is a Soph.  And if you only saw one athlete for Malakoff (who is also a Soph), you were talking with the Brock parents too much.  LOL.

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

QB is a Soph.  And if you only saw one athlete for Malakoff (who is also a Soph), you were talking with the Brock parents too much.  LOL.

Hahaha!!  No, actually they were concerned about Malakoff’s and East Texas athleticism and speed in general.  That’s why they referenced PG and just not wanting anymore East Texas, but they topped M last night.

4 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Hahaha!!  No, actually they were concerned about Malakoff’s and East Texas athleticism and speed in general.  That’s why they referenced PG and just not wanting anymore East Texas, but they topped M last night.

Brock did what Carthage will do tonight, and that is win the trenches on both sides of the ball.  Those Brock OL absolutely whipped the Malakoff front 7, who is a pretty solid group.  And Brock’s defense was swarming all night.

• Like 1

• Crawford changed the title to Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final