Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final

bansheefan03

Carthage vs. Glen Rose   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

I expect a good competitive game. I think GR will have success early until our defense gets dialed in and makes adjustments. Will be interested to see how they play on defense. Do they press up and make Carthage go over the top or guard against the deep ball and trust their d line to stop the run?

After seeing last week’s game against PG - and with Hatten possibly not playing - they’ll probably opt for making CHS go over the top.

2 hours ago, JBizzle said:

I expect a good competitive game. I think GR will have success early until our defense gets dialed in and makes adjustments. Will be interested to see how they play on defense. Do they press up and make Carthage go over the top or guard against the deep ball and trust their d line to stop the run?

It’s not gonna matter.  The largest mismatch in this game is Carthage OL vs GR front 7.  Carthage gonna run like Forrest Gump!

• Like 2

Glen Rose has a good offense that I don't feel has been tested yet. With that being said, Carthage dB's are great in normal coverage situations but not so great on broken plays. Athletic QBs cause problems for us. One dlinemen will penetrate on just about every pass play but if they don't get that tackle it may cause some issues. Also, I imagine it's been GR team has been special since the 8th grade and the town and these boys have been waiting for their moment which makes them a dangerous team. I can see them scoring on the first two drives off of adrenaline and scheme and may even lead in the beginning but I think Carthage settles in after that.
At the end of the day Carthage has the size, discipline and the jimmy and Joes'. I'm sure Surratt will have all 3 of our dynamic backs on the field at the same time quite a bit as wings and wideouts. GR Will be high on emotion and will hit Carthage in the mouth. I just feel that we will answer with an even harder one.
Carthage 42-21. Safe travels.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ctown81 said:
Glen Rose has a good offense that I don't feel has been tested yet. With that being said, Carthage dB's are great in normal coverage situations but not so great on broken plays. Athletic QBs cause problems for us. One dlinemen will penetrate on just about every pass play but if they don't get that tackle it may cause some issues. Also, I imagine it's been GR team has been special since the 8th grade and the town and these boys have been waiting for their moment which makes them a dangerous team. I can see them scoring on the first two drives off of adrenaline and scheme and may even lead in the beginning but I think Carthage settles in after that.
At the end of the day Carthage has the size, discipline and the jimmy and Joes'. I'm sure Surratt will have all 3 of our dynamic backs on the field at the same time quite a bit as wings and wideouts. GR Will be high on emotion and will hit Carthage in the mouth. I just feel that we will answer with an even harder one.
Carthage 42-21. Safe travels.

No way they score two times in a row on this Dawg D. 
This year the Dawg offense takes all the pressure off the D and they can get after that butt 

4 minutes ago, house said:

I’m guessing in the 50’s.  

I was looking at Carthage scores and was thinking the same.  Looks like Carthage CAN score upper 60s, guessing a lot of that comes on the heels of good D and field position.

• Crawford changed the title to Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final