Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final

bansheefan03

Carthage vs. Glen Rose   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Yes survive and advance!  I’d bet a $1 bill that Wimberly is adjusting their offensive game plan as we speak to try and take advantage of what GR exposed tonight.  Preston will need to reinforce the need to play disciplined football and just “do your job”.  Hopefully #15 will be back healthy on D next week.  He would have helped tremendously tonight allowing #70 to sub in for the big DT’s.  They were gassed!

Think the Wimberly QB is as solid a player as the GR QB?

2 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I usually tend to agree with you on most occasions.....but I dunno about the walking off with it without the terrible fumbles. 13 had his way, yall had no answer for him for the most part and they were resilient. I think yall woulda won easier for sure but nothing about that team and how they played makes me think they wouldn't have scratched and clawed to stay in it as opposed to letting yall run away with it. That team wanted it bad and gained a ton of respect imo. That last fumble was a Christmas present that yall got to unwrap early. 

Now with all that being said.....Carthage stepped up in adversity and found a way to close the door. Haven't had to battle like that this year....was good for them to get a little scare. I got Dawgs by 14 at Daddy Jerry's house. Go Dawgs.....go get #9. 

Great post, agree 100%.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Think the Wimberly QB is as solid a player as the GR QB?

I have only seen a little of their playoff game last week, and a little this afternoon waiting to get pizza, but I’m gonna go out on a limb and say he will not be at the same level as #13.  But Wimberly has a few more athletes to work with than GR.  Not sure about their OL or their defense.  Let me process this one!  I’ll come back on the SC thread and share my thoughts.

• Like 1

I have only seen a little of their playoff game last week, and a little this afternoon waiting to get pizza, but I’m gonna go out on a limb and say he will not be at the same level as #13.  But Wimberly has a few more athletes to work with than GR.  Not sure about their OL or their defense.  Let me process this one!  I’ll come back on the SC thread and share my thoughts.

Glen Rose didn't really have any studs pop out at you like they're gonna see in Wimberly. What Glen Rose had was a defense that played with extreme discipline, a somewhat talented RB that ran with a purpose, a heady QB that played well beyond his size and talent level, and a strong desire to win at all costs. If they had lined up against any other 4A D2 team tonight....they win. Perfect concoction, they had.

Wimberly is gonna have much more talent across the board but I think Carthage will handle them much easier than the team that graced the field with them tonight. Just my opinion.....the wake-up call factor will be in full effect and nothing will be taken for granted.....Surratt and co will make sure of it, I'm sure. Unfortunately for Wimberly, Glen Rose just made sure the Dawgs will be wide eyed and bushy tailed at Jerry's World. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

Glen Rose didn't really have any studs pop out at you like they're gonna see in Wimberly. What Glen Rose had was a defense that played with extreme discipline, a somewhat talented RB that ran with a purpose, a heady QB that played well beyond his size and talent level, and a strong desire to win at all costs. If they had lined up against any other 4A D2 team tonight....they win. Perfect concoction, they had.

Wimberly is gonna have much more talent across the board but I think Carthage will handle them much easier than the team that graced the field with them tonight. Just my opinion.....the wake-up call factor will be in full effect and nothing will be taken for granted.....Surratt and co will make sure of it, I'm sure. Unfortunately for Wimberly, Glen Rose just made sure the Dawgs will be wide eyed and bushy tailed at Jerry's World. 

Yes this game gave Wimberly coaches a little extra pep in their step as they begin preparing for next week, but it also humbled the Carthage players and showed them if they don’t execute they will get beat.  This could bad for Wimberly, especially if Carthage can get all the beat up players to a point they can contribute.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Yes survive and advance!  I’d bet a $1 bill that Wimberly is adjusting their offensive game plan as we speak to try and take advantage of what GR exposed tonight.  Preston will need to reinforce the need to play disciplined football and just “do your job”.  Hopefully #15 will be back healthy on D next week.  He would have helped tremendously tonight allowing #70 to sub in for the big DT’s.  They were gassed!

If #15 isn’t able to go next Friday, I will not be shocked to see #50 get 10-15 DE snaps. He can play the position well. 

5 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Anyone reminded of the Carthage vs PG game in 2018 after watching this one play out?

Timely fumbles by the opponents late, neither caused by the Bulldogs, saved them. Of course, in both cases, Coach Surratt’s offense had to take advantage with not much time left…and they did!

4 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

#15 KD Bell seemed to play a lot of offense tonight, but no defense. I would have thought if he was able to go tonight, which he was, that it would be on defense rather than offense.

Any ideas why he played no defense tonight?

As Larry Allen often says, “Come to Chalk Talk on Mon at 12 noon and find out!”  Sorry BevBrown I had to!  😂

As Larry Allen often says, “Come to Chalk Talk on Mon at 12 noon and find out!”  Sorry BevBrown I had to!  😂

If I didn’t live 200 miles away, I certainly would do that! And would likely sit next to your father-in-law.

Edited by BevBrownJr