Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final

bansheefan03

Carthage vs. Glen Rose   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

Heck of a game and big congrats to Carthage.  Thanks to the 2 players that came over independently to shake GR players hands.  For the rest...........disrespect and big headedness follows you all your life.

As I said..........that Glen Rose team is dangerous (for all you guys claiming "Dawgs by 28, 35" and all that nonsense.

This Glen Rose team reminded me a lot of China Spring. The China Spring defense was better, but offensive philosophy of both teams was the same. 

The thing I love about high school football is how one or two plays can change a game. If the throwback to the QB doesn’t get called back for the blind side block, this game is 35-14 and Glen Rose has to start throwing the ball more to try and get back in the game. In that scenario, I could see a 42-21 or even a 49-21 type game.  But if 13 doesn’t fumble, I can just as easily see a Glen Rose W. Just a couple of plays either way. 

really impressed with #3 tonight for Carthage.  Don’t know why they didn’t get him the ball more often.  Also don’t know why They didn’t throw the ball more. I think Carthage had a distinct advantage in the passing game they didn’t exploit enough. 

first time to be in the Star. It is an echo chamber. Nice facility, but no where for the noise to go. 

3 minutes ago, Luvanunderdog said:

Heck of a game and big congrats to Carthage.  Thanks to the 2 players that came over independently to shake GR players hands.  For the rest...........disrespect and big headedness follows you all your life.

As I said..........that Glen Rose team is dangerous (for all you guys claiming "Dawgs by 28, 35" and all that nonsense.

There were 10 or more Dawg players went straight to the Glen Rose players and Coach Surratt went straight to 13. 
The whole Glen Rose team has all the respect in the world from Dawg nation. I am the biggest Dawg homer in the world and I can promise you. I got the biggest dose of humble pie you ever saw. Glen Rose was by far the best team the Dawgs have played this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The Rock number 3 is the MVP for the Dawgs in this game and number 13 MVP for Glen Rose

#3, Jakerrian Roquemore, has been a starting safety this season and last. He was also the 4th WR when CHS employed 4-wideout formations. In this role, he came into the 15th game of the season with 170 receiving yards. In last night’s game alone, he exceeded that with 173 yards.

Championship teams require players to step up in big games. With Montrel Hatten out with an injury, #3 stepped up big-time.

Edited by BevBrownJr

Well I won’t get to watch this one until tomorrow hopefully, but just going off of the commentary here and what has been described to me, I think BIG props are deserved to Glen Rose. Sounds like they played their hearts out and also sounds like Hudson White was absolutely a baller. 

As a Carthage fan, you hate to see the ball turnover that much, but very proud of they way they persevered and found a way to win.  I hope GR was the 2nd best team in the state! And that Wimberly is 3rd at best. Lol

53 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Did Carthage have a game recently against Midlothian Heritage like this in Frisco?? 

The MH game was a Nail biter with the outcome up in the air and was decided by a gutsy 2 pt conversion in OT… 

The 1st China Spring game was a game that the Dawgs had problems hanging on to the ball

Have I mentioned that I don’t like the Dawgs playing at the star

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

As a Carthage fan, you hate to see the ball turnover that much, but very proud of they way they persevered and found a way to win.  I hope GR was the 2nd best team in the state! And that Wimberly is 3rd at best. Lol

Carthage, close 2nd G R………couple of TDs drop off to Gilmer/Wimberley/Cuero/PG/Silsbee stacked together closely  

But unless fast healing happens in the next 6 days, Carthage will not be near as healthy as when the Gilmer game started. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SmoakyBandito said:

Carthage fans having to apologize for the Dawgs playing a close game just shows where this program is.

Yup. There's so much hate for them which is another indicator. It's lonely at the top sometimes.

People are just used to Surratt and the Bulldogs winning and while Carthage reloads yearly, it takes a special kind of coach and staff to implement a program that is able to do this. They run the same offensive scheme from 7th grade all the way to varsity. Those kids have lived and breathed that offense for 3 to 5 years and know exactly what to do the very first day they step foot on the field as a varsity player. 

Surratt is in elite company as a coach and has the most impressive resume of all time as a Texas High School football coach in my opinion. He's tied for 2nd all time in most Texas State Championships won...thats not the impressive part though. Surratt has won 8 titles in a mere 15 seasons of coaching. The only other coach with 8 Titles won them over the span of a 45 year coaching career. The most Texas titles won by a coach is 9 and that was over the span of a 43 year coaching career. It's not likely that Surratt coaches high school football for 43 to 45 years lol, but if he did.....he'd be on pace to win roughly 3 times as many titles as the two greatest Texas High School football coaches in the history of the game in terms of titles won. And that, my friend, is the impressive part. When you break it down and look at it that way....what Surratt is doing is just unrealistic. We're all just used to him winning a large amount of titles and it doesn't seem like anything special to anyone anymore at this point, it's just expected now.  But its not until you run the numbers, do you see how unbelievably great his coaching career truly is. It's just insane. 

*Disclaimer* - I'm not riding Surratt's jock......I'm simply just giving credit where I see greatness. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Yup. There's so much hate for them which is another indicator. It's lonely at the top sometimes.

People are just used to Surratt and the Bulldogs winning and while Carthage reloads yearly, it takes a special kind of coach and staff to implement a program that is able to do this. They run the same offensive scheme from 7th grade all the way to varsity. Those kids have lived and breathed that offense for 3 to 5 years and know exactly what to do the very first day they step foot on the field as a varsity player. 

Surratt is in elite company as a coach and has the most impressive resume of all time as a Texas High School football coach in my opinion. He's tied for 2nd all time in most Texas State Championships won...thats not the impressive part though. Surratt has won 8 titles in a mere 15 seasons of coaching. The only other coach with 8 Titles won them over the span of a 45 year coaching career. The most Texas titles won by a coach is 9 and that was over the span of a 43 year coaching career. It's not likely that Surratt coaches high school football for 43 to 45 years lol, but if he did.....he'd be on pace to win roughly 3 times as many titles as the two greatest Texas High School football coaches in the history of the game in terms of titles won. And that, my friend, is the impressive part. When you break it down and look at it that way....what Surratt is doing is just unrealistic. We're all just used to him winning a large amount of titles and it doesn't seem like anything special to anyone anymore at this point, it's just expected now.  But its not until you run the numbers, do you see how unbelievably great his coaching career truly is. It's just insane. 

*Disclaimer* - I'm not riding Surratt's jock......I'm simply just giving credit where I see greatness. 

Definitely riding the jock 👀

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

If G R’s QB was a little taller, he could go to Kansas State and run their offense next year like a seasoned senior - very similar offense. 

I think he could do it anyways. Aint Kyler Murray like 5'3? lol 

QB13 was tough man.....I think he'd make a D1 school an exceptional slot receiver if nothing else. Quick, elusive, and has just an overall great knowledge of the game it seems. He's got Texas Tech/Bill Belichick written all over him imo. A little Wes Welker/Danny Amendola/Cole Beasley in the making if given the chance, I think. 

13 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Giddy up cowboy 🤠 

I aint got no giddy up. Been off my hitch for 3 days. Was so damn ready to sleep in and catch up. Day 1, my wife's little Shih Tzu/Pug mix woke me up at 2:30am scratching his back on my bedroom door and grunting loud as hell. Couldnt go back to sleep. Day 2.....Dog does it again at 3:30am. Day 3, my 7 year old throws a fit at 4:30am cuz we won't let her get in the bed with us after waking up and going to the bathroom. Couldn't fall back asleep, again.

I swear I'd drown the little sucker if I could get away with it. The dog.....not the kid. I kinda like the kid. The dog? Let's just say I've day dreamed many ways to "accidentally" let him either run away or have a little play time in the street. I hate that little worthless ball of hair almost as much as he hates me. 

Edited by Eagle8
  • LOL! 2

This game was a testament to the plethora of talent that Carthage has on its team.  It is also a testament to the will of these kids and the quality of coaching.  You don’t see that many turnovers that led to scores overcome.

Good job Carthage, good luck next week.

Congrats to Glen Rose.  We might have another actual power west of Ft Worth to contend with (doubt we schedule them again anytime soon 🤣)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bossman1 said:

Glad the Dawgs were able to win and advance but….

Not a fan of the Star at least not a fan when the Dawgs play there. They seem to always struggle with turnovers in that place…. Odd especially since they practice indoors 

I know it! I told my dad I don’t want to play there anymore if we’re always going to struggle.  It’s weird. 

• Like 1

Well,is anyone really surprised that Carthage found a way to win? Not me,heck the Dawgs are like Aledo,guyer,westlake and the rest,when they get this far in you naturally expect them to find a way to get it done,find another gear when needed or luck to play her hand...they just do Carthage things and move on.....Not really any surprises there for me 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

If G R’s QB was a little taller, he could go to Kansas State and run their offense next year like a seasoned senior - very similar offense. 

Definitely a great athlete! I seen him take his helmet off on the Jumbotron and would have sworn the kid looked like he was 30 years old 

6 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

This Glen Rose team reminded me a lot of China Spring. The China Spring defense was better, but offensive philosophy of both teams was the same. 

The thing I love about high school football is how one or two plays can change a game. If the throwback to the QB doesn’t get called back for the blind side block, this game is 35-14 and Glen Rose has to start throwing the ball more to try and get back in the game. In that scenario, I could see a 42-21 or even a 49-21 type game.  But if 13 doesn’t fumble, I can just as easily see a Glen Rose W. Just a couple of plays either way. 

really impressed with #3 tonight for Carthage.  Don’t know why they didn’t get him the ball more often.  Also don’t know why They didn’t throw the ball more. I think Carthage had a distinct advantage in the passing game they didn’t exploit enough. 

first time to be in the Star. It is an echo chamber. Nice facility, but no where for the noise to go. 

SS was so mad when that TD got called back.  That penalty and then our butterfingers completely changed the complexion of this game. 

I bet Glen Rose was fun to watch as a GR or neutral fan.  It was frustrating as a Carthage fan to see us not stop the run for the first time in a long time. 

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!