Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final

bansheefan03

Carthage vs. Glen Rose   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

22 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Well,is anyone really surprised that Carthage found a way to win? Not me,heck the Dawgs are like Aledo,guyer,westlake and the rest,when they get this far in you naturally expect them to find a way to get it done,find another gear when needed or luck to play her hand...they just do Carthage things and move on.....Not really any surprises there for me 🤷‍♂️

💪🏻❗

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

Yup. There's so much hate for them which is another indicator. It's lonely at the top sometimes.

People are just used to Surratt and the Bulldogs winning and while Carthage reloads yearly, it takes a special kind of coach and staff to implement a program that is able to do this. They run the same offensive scheme from 7th grade all the way to varsity. Those kids have lived and breathed that offense for 3 to 5 years and know exactly what to do the very first day they step foot on the field as a varsity player. 

Surratt is in elite company as a coach and has the most impressive resume of all time as a Texas High School football coach in my opinion. He's tied for 2nd all time in most Texas State Championships won...thats not the impressive part though. Surratt has won 8 titles in a mere 15 seasons of coaching. The only other coach with 8 Titles won them over the span of a 45 year coaching career. The most Texas titles won by a coach is 9 and that was over the span of a 43 year coaching career. It's not likely that Surratt coaches high school football for 43 to 45 years lol, but if he did.....he'd be on pace to win roughly 3 times as many titles as the two greatest Texas High School football coaches in the history of the game in terms of titles won. And that, my friend, is the impressive part. When you break it down and look at it that way....what Surratt is doing is just unrealistic. We're all just used to him winning a large amount of titles and it doesn't seem like anything special to anyone anymore at this point, it's just expected now.  But its not until you run the numbers, do you see how unbelievably great his coaching career truly is. It's just insane. 

*Disclaimer* - I'm not riding Surratt's jock......I'm simply just giving credit where I see greatness. 

SS is something else in a great way.

I wish folks didn’t hate us, but there are some who do.  I don’t know if there’s anything we can do to change that, but wish it could change. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

I sure wish we were playing the late game next week. I just don’t like playing the early game. 

Seems we’ve played the early game quite a few times though, AND we’re the first ones there not having to manage the traffic of other fans inside the stadium trying to get to our seats.

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Seems we’ve played the early game quite a few times though, AND we’re the first ones there not having to manage the traffic of other fans inside the stadium trying to get to our seats.

Well that’s a plus for sure especially after leaving late yesterday to get to the game in that traffic. It’s worse now than I’ve ever seen it

6 hours ago, Luvanunderdog said:

Heck of a game and big congrats to Carthage.  Thanks to the 2 players that came over independently to shake GR players hands.  For the rest...........disrespect and big headedness follows you all your life.

As I said..........that Glen Rose team is dangerous (for all you guys claiming "Dawgs by 28, 35" and all that nonsense.

If you only saw 2 kids come over and congratulate GR you must’ve been sitting in a really bad spot. Those kids were caught up in the emotions of winning a hard fought game and After they composed themselves they ALL lined up to congratulate the GR kids. Would you rather have the kids line up with all of those raw emotions and risk an incident? I noticed how you failed to mention the number of helmets thrown by the GR kids after the game. Will the disrespect follow them for the rest of their lives also. I charge that to emotions as well and won’t label the GR kids like you chose to do to ours. Imagine if one of those helmets hit an opposing player, coach or ref….

Dawgs won a hard fought game and GR battled until the end and could’ve won the game. Glad I got to witness it even if it was at the Star….did I mention that I hate that place Dawg football games..

Funny how opponents’ fans sometimes seem to look for ways to diminish Dawg victories…

Go Dawgs get #9 and make SOME folks really mad

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

SS is something else in a great way.

I wish folks didn’t hate us, but there are some who do.  I don’t know if there’s anything we can do to change that, but wish it could change. 

Y’all are very fortunate to have him he has missed out on 2 or 3 million dollars to stay in Carthage and Coach HS.  He could leave anytime he wants and be very successful in college.

6 hours ago, bossman1 said:

The MH game was a Nail biter with the outcome up in the air and was decided by a gutsy 2 pt conversion in OT… 

The 1st China Spring game was a game that the Dawgs had problems hanging on to the ball

Have I mentioned that I don’t like the Dawgs playing at the star

CHS had to score a TD on the final play of regulation (and then kick a pressure-packed extra point) to even get to OT in the MH game. 

The CS game went 3 OTs. CS missed what would have been a game-winning field goal at the end of 1 of the 1st 2 OT periods. And a Bulldog RB - now playing in the NFL - uncharacteristically lost multiple fumbles that afternoon.

BUT…CHS is 4-0 at this venue, including 3 state semifinal games.

54 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I believe I have read and seen Coach Surratt in interviews over the years say he loves the early game. He said your not rushed in and out like you are playing the second game. 

2 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

CHS had to score a TD on the final play of regulation (and then kick a pressure-packed extra point) to even get to OT in the MH game. 

The CS game went 3 OTs. CS missed what would have been a game-winning field goal at the end of 1 of the 1st 2 OT periods. And a Bulldog RB - now playing in the NFL - uncharacteristically lost multiple fumbles that afternoon.

BUT…CHS is 4-0 at this venue, including 3 state semifinal games.

This is true, even though we’ve squeaked by at The Star we are undefeated in that building.

4 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Good to see the Atlanta kid toting the rock like a star for Carthage. Hate we couldn't get it together to keep him here. I expect to see more great things out of him. 

When we had to execute and run the ball Dowden was in the game.

Those last two Carthage touchdowns, Dowden was. Ot going to be stopped.  The score that got us to 35 he leveled the Glen Rose defender right at the goal line, my gosh, he exploded through that boy.

The last score he was also ready to run through them.

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

When we had to execute and run the ball Dowden was in the game.

Those last two Carthage touchdowns, Dowden was. Ot going to be stopped.  The score that got us to 35 he leveled the Glen Rose defender right at the goal line, my gosh, he exploded through that boy.

The last score he was also ready to run through them.

Yeah. To be honest, I was thoroughly impressed with the freshman last week. Y'all are stacked at RB. It's crazy. 

Just now, H3llR4z0r said:

Yeah. To be honest, I was thoroughly impressed with the freshman last week. Y'all are stacked at RB. It's crazy. 

We are fortunate at RB.

Death, taxes, and Bulldog running backs.

I was very impressed with how well GR slowed our running game for as long as it did, but when the chips were down they could not stop it and Dowden.

I truly thought we were going to run for 350+ yards last night.

You may have noticed, Dowden didn’t play until the second half and really into the 4th quarter.

I think when it was apparent our other backs weren’t getting it done Surratt knew he had to go to Dowden.

Dowden reminded everyone why he is the starter.

Dowden didn’t start, probably because of his hand injury.  And it didn’t look like that little injury hindered him.

12 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

For crying out loud

GR is obviously good but good night a living 

This should’ve been a 60-20 type game.  Fumbles and poor arm tackling were the story.  Glen Rose had one player, that’s it.  Gilmer and PG would’ve beaten them too.  Carthage almost gave this one away.

it’s nice when you play that bad and can still pull out a W

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

This should’ve been a 60-20 type game.  Fumbles and poor arm tackling were the story.  Glen Rose had one player, that’s it.  Gilmer and PG would’ve beaten them too.  Carthage almost gave this one away.

it’s nice when you play that bad and can still pull out a W

Man come on!  GR had plenty of players.  The entire OL, #13, #11, and about 3-4 players on defense.  PG would have lost by 3-4 TD’s.  And Gilmer too if they aren’t firing on all cylinders.  Just give GR props for doing what Gilmer, PG, Kilgore, Center, etc could not do.  They hit Carthage in the mouth time and time again, took advantage of Carthage mistakes, and dang near shocked the world.

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Man come on!  GR had plenty of players.  The entire OL, #13, #11, and about 3-4 players on defense.  PG would have lost by 3-4 TD’s.  And Gilmer too if they aren’t firing on all cylinders.  Just give GR props for doing what Gilmer, PG, Kilgore, Center, etc could not do.  They hit Carthage in the mouth time and time again, took advantage of Carthage mistakes, and dang near shocked the world.

Those fumbles made it a game.  At 35-14, do you think GR keeps on with Bill Snyder run game?  No, they’d have been forced to play catch-up and throw.    That was an anomaly for Carthage.  

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Those fumbles made it a game.  At 35-14, do you think GR keeps on with Bill Snyder run game?  No, they’d have been forced to play catch-up and throw.    That was an anomaly for Carthage.  

100% but in all 3 cases GR D caused them.  Cuff got destroyed on his fumble, and Manning & Paddy both had nice gains and GR defenders just popped the ball out in traffic.  GR did what good teams do, took what Carthage gave them, and capitalized.  The story should be more about how GR did what no one has done yet this year.  Not about Gilmer or PG.  They are playing basketball.