Carthage 42 Glen Rose 35 Final

bansheefan03

Carthage vs. Glen Rose   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

SS is something else in a great way.

I wish folks didn’t hate us, but there are some who do.  I don’t know if there’s anything we can do to change that, but wish it could change. 

With success comes envy. Only teams that are unconditionally loved by their area are Cinderella Stories. Wasn't a single person in East Texas secretly wishing for Harmony to lose last night. Let em win a couple titles and be a deep playoff contender consistently.....Harmony would be the next added to the hate list. It is what it is. I will say though.....in the Texas High School Scoreboard Facebook group.....yalls fans on there make it real easy to hate on yall lol. Making excuses in a win like "it really shoulda been 42-14 but we turned it over too much". That'll gain some hate quick. Lol , I mean....that game was one unforced turnover on the last drive from being GR vs Wimberly in the final. A whole lot of factors came into play to make that ending the way it was...turnovers by both played a key role to the finish. And yes Carthage woulda faired much better without the turnovers. But turnovers are apart of the game. Glen Rose got hot in the 2nd half and that stretch was worrisome for yall fans....I know it had to be. Hell, I was worried watching it on NFHS and I ain't even from Carthage lol. Bottom line....the Dawgs prevailed.....its in the books.....and #9 in on the horizon. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

SS is something else in a great way.

I wish folks didn’t hate us, but there are some who do.  I don’t know if there’s anything we can do to change that, but wish it could change. 

You guys are basically the Alabama in high school football and Surratt is Saban. Eight championship and counting is amazing accomplishment and tiresome for the rest of the state. I will be real honest there will be a lot of Texans fans next week, myself included.

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

We are fortunate at RB.

Death, taxes, and Bulldog running backs.

I was very impressed with how well GR slowed our running game for as long as it did, but when the chips were down they could not stop it and Dowden.

I truly thought we were going to run for 350+ yards last night.

You may have noticed, Dowden didn’t play until the second half and really into the 4th quarter.

I think when it was apparent our other backs weren’t getting it done Surratt knew he had to go to Dowden.

Dowden reminded everyone why he is the starter.

Dowden didn’t start, probably because of his hand injury.  And it didn’t look like that little injury hindered him.

Oddly enough the guy with the hand injury was about the only guy not to fumble!!!😂

• Wow 1

The Carthage announcers on NFHS did not once say anything positive about GR.  It was either GR was lucky, sub-par, or Carthage was excellent.  Carthage was clearly outplayed and dominated in the second half.  The game officials let Carthage get away with some questionable actions like one of their offensive players throwing an elbow to the head of a GR player that was down on the turf.  The best team did not win this game, but that is how it goes sometimes.  

On 12/9/2022 at 8:06 AM, cowboyandchrist said:

Totally impossible for GR to win the battle in trenches on either side. 
The three things this years Dawgs have are size and strength and they have been more physical than every team they have played so far. 

Not totally impossible because that is exactly what GR did.  They dominated both sides of the trenches.

6 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

The Carthage announcers on NFHS did not once say anything positive about GR.  It was either GR was lucky, sub-par, or Carthage was excellent.  Carthage was clearly outplayed and dominated in the second half.  The game officials let Carthage get away with some questionable actions like one of their offensive players throwing an elbow to the head of a GR player that was down on the turf.  The best team did not win this game, but that is how it goes sometimes.  

image.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL! 2

6 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Yes they did,they said the gr qb was an athlete and a very good qb...but that's about all they said good about them...but being they were Carthage Homer's...well what did you expect,they Carthage Homer's....lol 😂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Not totally impossible because that is exactly what GR did.  They dominated both sides of the trenches.

Yeah you right but gr is sitting at the house next week and the Carthage fans can be hated for one more week..Next?  Simply put,Carthage can play a crappy game and still make Jerry's house,and people wonder how they do it? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Yes they did,they said the gr qb was an athlete and a very good qb...but that's about all they said good about them...but being they were Carthage Homer's...well what did you expect,they Carthage Homer's....lol 😂 

I expect more than just an iota of objectivity since they are broadcasting on a platform that reaches across the nation.

11 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Think the Wimberly QB is as solid a player as the GR QB?

After watching 3 quarters of the Wimbo vs Cuero game, no he is not.  #2 is a Soph and shows signs of being that type of player in the future, but he ain’t there yet.  He is still a solid dual threat though.  BUT, Wimbo has a DUDE named Ball #25.  Big, physical RB that reminds me of what you Carthage fans described Hunter Holland to be like.  Maybe 6’1 220 and can run in space.  Remember his name.  Carthage will need to wrap up and gang tackle him.  He is a load and loves contact.  He is going to run for 125+ yards so just get ready for it now.

Offensively they are lining up with 2-3 yard splits on the OL, and they have a TE/DE as good or better than #40 from PG.  Gotta be 6’5 240, athletic, with good hands.  OL is adequate, but not the same level as GR.  Right tackle severely undersized but can get away with it due to the wide splits.  WR core is solid but not eye popping.

Defensively they run a similar scheme to GR.  The shining stars on this unit are the LB’s.  Big, physical, and just make plays.  The whole unit does not shy away from contact.  DE #80 and Safety #7 also stand out.  They are gritty and very active.  The DB’s pressed Cuero and dared them to throw it over the top, and Cuero had success.  Carthage will also if the scheme the same.  But it could be another week of tough sledding on the ground unless Carthage can have early success over the top.  Carthage OL will need to be able to get to LB’s before they get to the holes.  Oh and their kicker has a big leg, equal to Carthage kicker.  He missed a FG before half that had the distance from 45+ but he hooked it left.  

No score predictions yet, but I’d caution the Carthage fans not to predict any 56-7 type games.  This one is likely to be similar to last night if Carthage is still banged up and doesn’t execute.  Wimbo will have similar success running the ball like GR, and Carthage will have similar success through the air.

2 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Yeah you right but gr is sitting at the house next week and the Carthage fans can be hated for one more week..Next?  Simply put,Carthage can play a crappy game and still make Jerry's house,and people wonder how they do it? 

But it was the refs!!!

I expect more than just an iota of objectivity since they are broadcasting on a platform that reaches across the nation.

No, they were on their own station that was picked up by NFHS.

You are right but they are not objective,they are red wearing bulldogs fans and that's what you are going to get from them . Gilmer dudes are just as bad to be honest but it is what it is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

You are worse than your announcers.  It just not in your nature to be objective and give GR credit for making Carthage play a crappy game.  There were two teams on the field last night.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

What game were you watchin ??  The announcers mentioned a few times that GR was the best team that had seen all year..they gave credit to the Qb all night..#5 for Carthage talked some after the play that’s part of it imo….no different from the 2/3 players that do it for the team I pull for 

42 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

With success comes envy. Only teams that are unconditionally loved by their area are Cinderella Stories. Wasn't a single person in East Texas secretly wishing for Harmony to lose last night. Let em win a couple titles and be a deep playoff contender consistently.....Harmony would be the next added to the hate list. It is what it is. I will say though.....in the Texas High School Scoreboard Facebook group.....yalls fans on there make it real easy to hate on yall lol. Making excuses in a win like "it really shoulda been 42-14 but we turned it over too much". That'll gain some hate quick. Lol , I mean....that game was one unforced turnover on the last drive from being GR vs Wimberly in the final. A whole lot of factors came into play to make that ending the way it was...turnovers by both played a key role to the finish. And yes Carthage woulda faired much better without the turnovers. But turnovers are apart of the game. Glen Rose got hot in the 2nd half and that stretch was worrisome for yall fans....I know it had to be. Hell, I was worried watching it on NFHS and I ain't even from Carthage lol. Bottom line....the Dawgs prevailed.....its in the books.....and #9 in on the horizon. 

My thoughts on this subject is that you want teams to hate you.  It makes them play harder and better which in return holds your team more accountable.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

You are incorrect the best team did win. GR was good and still couldn’t win with three turnovers in a row for Carthage and a stupid blind side block penalty that brought a Carthage td back. Also with a banged up injured Carthage team

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

You are worse than your announcers.  It just not in your nature to be objective and give GR credit for making Carthage play a crappy game.  There were two teams on the field last night.

Not my announcers,the broadcast was picked up by nfhs,they get what they get.I like Carthage an all but they are not my team.I just don't let my Keisha out everytime someone doesn't say what I think they should 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, RogerDorn said:

What game were you watchin ??  The announcers mentioned a few times that GR was the best team that had seen all year..they gave credit to the Qb all night..#5 for Carthage talked some after the play that’s part of it imo….no different from the 2/3 players that do it for the team I pull for 

I watched the same game that you did.

17 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

The best team did win the game. If GR QB fumble caused them to lose the game, what did the four turnovers do for the Dawgs. GR is one heck of a team and the best the Dawgs have played so far. If they played 10 times with no turnovers who wins. 
Majority of people would say the Dawgs

1 minute ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The best team did win the game. If GR QB fumble caused them to lose the game, what did the four turnovers do for the Dawgs. GR is one heck of a team and the best the Dawgs have played so far. If they played 10 times with no turnovers who wins. 

I don't agree.  The 10 times crap is easy to say but not a certainty.  If, if, if.......

1 minute ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Gr played inspired ball,Carthage limped thru it,still won..what else do people want now a days..go get number 9...lol 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

After watching 3 quarters of the Wimbo vs Cuero game, no he is not.  #2 is a Soph and shows signs of being that type of player in the future, but he ain’t there yet.  He is still a solid dual threat though.  BUT, Wimbo has a DUDE named Ball #25.  Big, physical RB that reminds me of what you Carthage fans described Hunter Holland to be like.  Maybe 6’1 220 and can run in space.  Remember his name.  Carthage will need to wrap up and gang tackle him.  He is a load and loves contact.  He is going to run for 125+ yards so just get ready for it now.

Offensively they are lining up with 2-3 yard splits on the OL, and they have a TE/DE as good or better than #40 from PG.  Gotta be 6’5 240, athletic, with good hands.  OL is adequate, but not the same level as GR.  Right tackle severely undersized but can get away with it due to the wide splits.  WR core is solid but not eye popping.

Defensively they run a similar scheme to GR.  The shining stars on this unit are the LB’s.  Big, physical, and just make plays.  The whole unit does not shy away from contact.  DE #80 and Safety #7 also stand out.  They are gritty and very active.  The DB’s pressed Cuero and dared them to throw it over the top, and Cuero had success.  Carthage will also if the scheme the same.  But it could be another week of tough sledding on the ground unless Carthage can have early success over the top.  Carthage OL will need to be able to get to LB’s before they get to the holes.  Oh and their kicker has a big leg, equal to Carthage kicker.  He missed a FG before half that had the distance from 45+ but he hooked it left.  

No score predictions yet, but I’d caution the Carthage fans not to predict any 56-7 type games.  This one is likely to be similar to last night if Carthage is still banged up and doesn’t execute.  Wimbo will have similar success running the ball like GR, and Carthage will have similar success through the air.

Ball is good he’s a sophomore to I believe. I don’t think think the game will be near as close as the GR game unless Carthage turns the ball over like they did last night.